Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did have cramps...down there...that resorted me to throwing up.

Regards, iloveandrotchi :)
That can still be intestinal upset. Your lower bowel is still connected to your anus remember. :) Vomiting with cramps v. vomiting from severe pain are completely different concepts. Vomiting with cramps is associated with fever = illness = what you have. :wub:

Speaking of my period, I'm having a cramp right now...I haven't started...yet. I keep getting discharge...X.x I always forget to wear a pantyliner..o_O

[SIZE=14pt]When I first got mine..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]{A few months ago}[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]At first I thought I *censored* my pants LMAO![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]So yeahh.. You might think that[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]When you first get it lol.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]And it was kind of scary at first[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]But it wasnt bad.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]And you SHOULD ask your mom[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]And for me, it's not very painful at all.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]But for some people it can be pretty painful.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I know this because almost all of my friends have theirs too [/SIZE] :p

[SIZE=14pt]If you have questions about this kind of thing,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]You should ask your mom.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I didn't ask my mom, and I still don't[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]One because I don't like talking about that kind of stuff with her [/SIZE] :p lol

[SIZE=14pt]And two because I didn't really have very many questions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]But if you don't feel comfortable asking your mom about this kind of thing[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Then if you have a friend that has theirs already,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Ask her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Thats what I did.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]And that's what I still do.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Because I'm still getting used to mine.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]LOL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]It is very normal to be curious.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]And you have every right to be.[/SIZE]

*Edited to fit in as requested in opening post*

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of my period, I'm having a cramp right now...I haven't started...yet. I keep getting discharge...X.x I always forget to wear a pantyliner..o_O
Forgetting to wear a liner a few times is not usually too much of a problem. But if you forget most of the time then you will end up with stains in your underwear. That in itself is not really a problem unless the stains bother you. Just remember if you go to stay at a friend's place or school camp that you should take fresh clean pairs with you as people tend to be a little judgemental about that sort of thing. :gozarutchi:

Strange, my first post back on the boards after months of absence, and it's in a period thread. :ph34r:

This is a really good thread, though, for all the girls here who are curious about a very natural part of life. There's nothing to be afraid of, or creeped-out about with your period. I've had mine every month for around 8-9 years now(I was 11 when it started, now I'm turning 20), you get used to it really fast. My first time, I was at home, and I just happened to notice a few little red spots in my panties...no big deal at all. I was a bit surprised about it, but I had read about it already and talked to my mom, so I just grabbed a panty-liner and went on with things! For probably my first couple of years having my period, it didn't hurt, I didn't have PMS and mood swings or anything, but the past several years have been different. You learn to read your body's signals, and you can generally tell when it's going to happen. I tend to feel a bit queasy all of a sudden the night before it starts, but it only lasts a few hours. I feel hot right before it, tired, and a little dizzy. Mood swings...not so much, I just feel a bit sad for a few days before/during the period. I do get really painful cramps on the first day or two of my period, and they were much worse before I started taking the birth-control pill. If you do get cramps, they tend to feel like it does when you get an intestinal flu, and you have to go to the bathroom(fast). lol It's not a fun feeling, but they usually go away really quickly if you take a mild painkiller like ibuprofen(my choice). Most women either don't get cramps, or they get very mild ones, like a dull ache. Mine are unusually strong, I get sharp shooting pains all around my lower abdomen on top of a very "squeezing" feeling in the same area, sometimes so bad I don't(can't) move around. This is rare. If you do get cramps, they will most likely be mild, and even the bad ones go away with Ibuprofen.

Really, your period is just part of life, and it can be kind of cool after it happens, because you suddenly feel really grown-up! Don't stress about it, it happens to every woman on the planet. And about those sex ed videos, there is no need to be nervous about those, either. I watched one in 4th grade, they're informative....and actually kind of humerous! Just look at it like another part of growing up, and it only happens once in your life. :gozarutchi:

*Aubrey

Forgetting to wear a liner a few times is not usually too much of a problem. But if you forget most of the time then you will end up with stains in your underwear. That in itself is not really a problem unless the stains bother you. Just remember if you go to stay at a friend's place or school camp that you should take fresh clean pairs with you as people tend to be a little judgemental about that sort of thing. :huh:
ahahah i have forgot to wear one sometimes...and

it really stains my undies! 6.6

But its not like its my period thats doing that, its just discharge!

Sometimes it really bothers me!

Hmm...

My periods are pretty horrible. I get serious cramps when I can't even leave the house. And I become extremely emtional and irritable. >_< It does really suck but *shrug* I just keep popping advil every 4 hours XD.

I got mine the day after I turned 13. Which is late usually. Yeah it kind of freaked me out. My friend was over too and she reassured me things were normal.

Jeez this is a strange topic. XD Not even I would have thought of it.

~Liz

Strange, my first post back on the boards after months of absence, and it's in a period thread. :D
This is a really good thread, though, for all the girls here who are curious about a very natural part of life. There's nothing to be afraid of, or creeped-out about with your period. I've had mine every month for around 8-9 years now(I was 11 when it started, now I'm turning 20), you get used to it really fast. My first time, I was at home, and I just happened to notice a few little red spots in my panties...no big deal at all. I was a bit surprised about it, but I had read about it already and talked to my mom, so I just grabbed a panty-liner and went on with things! For probably my first couple of years having my period, it didn't hurt, I didn't have PMS and mood swings or anything, but the past several years have been different. You learn to read your body's signals, and you can generally tell when it's going to happen. I tend to feel a bit queasy all of a sudden the night before it starts, but it only lasts a few hours. I feel hot right before it, tired, and a little dizzy. Mood swings...not so much, I just feel a bit sad for a few days before/during the period. I do get really painful cramps on the first day or two of my period, and they were much worse before I started taking the birth-control pill. If you do get cramps, they tend to feel like it does when you get an intestinal flu, and you have to go to the bathroom(fast). lol It's not a fun feeling, but they usually go away really quickly if you take a mild painkiller like ibuprofen(my choice). Most women either don't get cramps, or they get very mild ones, like a dull ache. Mine are unusually strong, I get sharp shooting pains all around my lower abdomen on top of a very "squeezing" feeling in the same area, sometimes so bad I don't(can't) move around. This is rare. If you do get cramps, they will most likely be mild, and even the bad ones go away with Ibuprofen.

Really, your period is just part of life, and it can be kind of cool after it happens, because you suddenly feel really grown-up! Don't stress about it, it happens to every woman on the planet. And about those sex ed videos, there is no need to be nervous about those, either. I watched one in 4th grade, they're informative....and actually kind of humerous! Just look at it like another part of growing up, and it only happens once in your life. :D

*Aubrey
"Strange, my first post back on the boards after months of absence, and it's in a period thread. ;) "

Lol me too! XD!

I still don't have it and most of my friends do i feel uncomfortable talking to my parents about it because every time they do talk about it my mom goes into to much detail!!

Next year i'm gonna watch a movies about it and other things(if u know what i mean)

i know that peeple who r younger than me have already watched these movies but because i'm in a private school i have not!!!! And also I'm older then 11 but i still don't have it

Unless i'm not over 14!!! or 18 I sometimes get discharge though i don't have it I didn't tell my mom bout this so how do i get a pantliner!!!

Help Sometimes i feel scared!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, BlackIris, that's like... insane.

I get cramps, diress (I guess... I can complain a lot XD), and I annoy people. I guess you could say my true self comes out when I'm getting my period o_O;

Am I boring you? I'm kinda boring myself.

Okay, I'll stop talking now.

FB is football princess.And does anyone know when it usually happens?
for most girls it ocurrs 2 years after the start of breast budding.

I still don't have it and most of my friends do i feel uncomfortable talking to my parents about it because every time they do talk about it my mom goes into to much detail!!
Next year i'm gonna watch a movies about it and other things(if u know what i mean)

i know that peeple who r younger than me have already watched these movies but because i'm in a private school i have not!!!! And also I'm older then 11 but i still don't have it

Unless i'm not over 14!!! or 18 I sometimes get discharge though i don't have it I didn't tell my mom bout this so how do i get a pantliner!!!

Help Sometimes i feel scared!!!
Hi Polar12,

I know you say you feel uncomfortable talking to your Mum about these things but really she can be your best friend in regards to this stuff because she can buy liners, pads and tampons for you until you are ready to do so yourself. Perhaps approach the subject lightly and just say you don't want to go into too much details but would like to know about "X" thing whatever it is that you want to know.

Realistically, the more you know the less of an unknown the whole process is going to be for you and you will be prepared. It will also help you feel a little less scared. Also if you let her get it all out to you then you won't have to listen to it again. :wacko:

Anyway, you can get liners from the chemist or your local supermarket in the health and beauty sections.

Remember if you have any other questions you are quite welcome to post here or PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back