god.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just believe that I wont see those who haven't repented their sins and accepted Jesus in heaven.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

- Revelation 20:15

But each to their own. :)
Exactly what I was mentioning.

You say you don't push your religion or care if someone is of a different faith, and yet you say people will go to hell if they don't believe in him. It's just kind of ignorant to me. If God and Jesus are pure and amazing, I think as long as you're good-hearted you will go to heaven. I mean, if he did make us he would understand if people were skeptical. If he is our creator, and our savior, he'd understand.

Just my view.

I say it's a person's choice to believe what they want to believe.

And I'm saying that I believe that I wont see those same people in heaven.

I think that's a perfectly acceptable thing to say if people are going to say that they don't believe in heaven.

I don't say that you're ignorant for not believing and you shouldn't say that someone is ignorant for believing and for their beliefs. That's where intolerance starts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't say that you're ignorant for not believing and you shouldn't say that someone is ignorant for believing and for their beliefs. That's where intolerance starts.
I'm not trying to just for the record. I just think it's ignorant to say bad things will happen to who just choose not to believe.

Exactly what I was mentioning.
You say you don't push your religion or care if someone is of a different faith, and yet you say people will go to hell if they don't believe in him. It's just kind of ignorant to me. If God and Jesus are pure and amazing, I think as long as you're good-hearted you will go to heaven. I mean, if he did make us he would understand if people were skeptical. If he is our creator, and our savior, he'd understand.

Just my view.
It actually isn't so much as how GOOD you are. It's if you believe in Jesus in your heart and accept him as your personal savior. If you choose to reject Jesus, then you are not going to be entitled to salvation or the peace of the Kingdom of Heaven.

I say it's a person's choice to believe what they want to believe.And I'm saying that I believe that I wont see those same people in heaven.

I think that's a perfectly acceptable thing to say if people are going to say that they don't believe in heaven.
That IS how it works, though I personally believe that if you don't have the opportunity to learn about Jesus and know Jesus (third-world countries, etc) you will be asked at time of judgment if you believe in Jesus Christ and accept him as your savior. If you reject Jesus you are rejecting the Kingdom of Heaven along with it.

It actually isn't so much as how GOOD you are. It's if you believe in Jesus in your heart and accept him as your personal savior. If you choose to reject Jesus, then you are not going to be entitled to salvation or the peace of the Kingdom of Heaven.
So you could be the most evil person in the world and if you believe in him you'll go to heaven? Sounds all too fair...

So you could be the most evil person in the world and if you believe in him you'll go to heaven? Sounds all too fair...
If you let Jesus into your heart and accept him as your personal Savior you won't be "evil."

I don't know.

To me, it feels like I have to experience something for it to be real. To me, there is no information god is real. I just don't know..

I don't know If I'm an athiest. I never went to Church, so I don't know what to believe

If you let Jesus into your heart and accept him as your personal Savior you won't be "evil."
Well you could be.

What if you're a killer? What if you're a killer but do accept Jesus? There are people like that out there.

So...they go to heaven? Again, very fair.

If i sound mean, sorry it's mah view xD

I don't know.
To me, it feels like I have to experience something for it to be real. To me, there is no information god is real. I just don't know..

I don't know If I'm an athiest. I never went to Church, so I don't know what to believe
Agree O:

Well you could be.
What if you're a killer? What if you're a killer but do accept Jesus? There are people like that out there.

So...they go to heaven? Again, very fair.

If i sound mean, sorry it's mah view xD
Well, no you couldn't. If you accept Jesus, you reject sin. (Though you still DO sin, it is impossible NOT to sin.) By accepting Jesus, you reject any "evil" activity. ... I feel like I'm not wording this exceptionally well here, but if I find a quote or something to better explain myself, I'll post it. And besides, evil by my definition is the rejection of Jesus.

Your past is regardless to God if you ask for forgiveness and believe in him. What's amazing is if you are truly sorry for your sins and ask God for forgiveness, not only will he forgive you, he will completely FORGET your sin and move forward. If you have killed someone in the past and realize your mistake, are sorry, and ask God for forgiveness, you will be granted forgiveness by God. In God's eyes you are no longer a follower. (So to answer your question, yes, you would go to Heaven.)

God loves everyone equally and wants to be with EVERYONE. God gets upset when we stray from him because he WANTS us to be with him and he wants a strong relationship.

Well, no you couldn't. If you accept Jesus, you reject sin. (Though you still DO sin, it is impossible NOT to sin.) By accepting Jesus, you reject any "evil" activity. ... I feel like I'm not wording this exceptionally well here, but if I find a quote or something to better explain myself, I'll post it. And besides, evil by my definition is the rejection of Jesus.
Your past is regardless to God if you ask for forgiveness and believe in him. What's amazing is if you are truly sorry for your sins and ask God for forgiveness, not only will he forgive you, he will completely FORGET your sin and move forward. If you have killed someone in the past and realize your mistake, are sorry, and ask God for forgiveness, you will be granted forgiveness by God. In God's eyes you are no longer a follower. (So to answer your question, yes, you would go to Heaven.)

God loves everyone equally and wants to be with EVERYONE. God gets upset when we stray from him because he WANTS us to be with him and he wants a strong relationship.
Yes you could. There are many cases of people that believe they are doing "God's will" and killing people. Now, I know God would not want this at all but if they truly believe they're doing good for god, then why should they get into heaven?

I do agree with you that if you truly are sorry (Which I'm sure god could determine) then you should go to heaven, but if you're convinced like some people who do that, that you've done good, then No, you shouldn't go to heaven no matter how much you do believe in god. That's just the way I see it.

Isn't that a tough question. Maybe there is someone watching us and monitoring our every move (Santa!), but until I die or something I probably won't know if God really is real.

Sure, I believe in God, but I also believe in science. Was the world created by some mystery force or some scientific matter? I don't know. There is so much conflict from what we want to believe and what we are shown is real.

Hey, I think the only people who know the answer to this question are dead. The downside is, they can't come down here and tell us.

Isn't that a tough question. Maybe there is someone watching us and monitoring our every move (Santa!), but until I die or something I probably won't know if God really is real. Sure, I believe in God, but I also believe in science. Was the world created by some mystery force or some scientific matter? I don't know. There is so much conflict from what we want to believe and what we are shown is real.

Hey, I think the only people who know the answer to this question are dead. The downside is, they can't come down here and tell us.
That's exactly how I feel.

I just don't know what to believe.

I have a question.

I understand that you don't know what to believe.

Heck, before I got saved, neither did I.

But, what is the harm in believing?

If there is a God, then you go to Heaven because you have believed in him while you were living your life here on Earth.

But, if there's not a God, then what does it matter? If there isn't a God, then there won't be a Heaven or a Hell that he can put you in. When you die, you'll just be dead.

So what's the harm in believing again?

I've gone from firmly believing in God and Jesus (and maybe believing a few other weird things for a while o_O) to being completely unsure about it all. It's not that I'm REJECTING God, it's just that sometimes I think it seems so.....unlikely, and there isn't really any evidence at all. Then I get mad at myself when I think those thoughts D: I'm just scared that there isn't really any afterlife. I'd rather be in hell than be nonexistent. That, to me, is the scariest thing. I wonder if religion was just invented by people long ago who were scared, too. If you think about it, Christian beliefs aren't really any more logical or likely than Indians believing in animal spirits and stuff. And we dismiss that as crazy and untrue. I'm scared that there is no afterlife, and that I won't be able to live....anywhere. That is just horrifying. To not be able to think...I know people say "Yeah but you're dead so you wouldn't know" but that's my biggest fear. I'm not really an Atheist or anything yet, but I keep thinking it's more and more likely there isn't anything after this life, and I've been crying about that a lot lately. I've tried reading the Bible and stuff like that, but that just makes me feel even MORE unsure, and I start thinking about how ridiculous the stories sound. I just hope there is...SOMETHING after this life. I don't really care if it's heaven, reincarnation, whatever. Just....something. So, I really WANT to believe, I just don't know if I do anymore. Sorry for the long post :(

I have a question.
I understand that you don't know what to believe.

Heck, before I got saved, neither did I.

But, what is the harm in believing?

If there is a God, then you go to Heaven because you have believed in him while you were living your life here on Earth.

But, if there's not a God, then what does it matter? If there isn't a God, then there won't be a Heaven or a Hell that he can put you in. When you die, you'll just be dead.

So what's the harm in believing again?
Believing something that you're either not sure of or really don't believe is hypocritical, and to many, pretty much deceiving God. Pretending to believe when you don't won't get you into heaven even if he is real. So, that's the harm dear :wub:

I've gone from firmly believing in God and Jesus (and maybe believing a few other weird things for a while o_O) to being completely unsure about it all. It's not that I'm REJECTING God, it's just that sometimes I think it seems so.....unlikely, and there isn't really any evidence at all. Then I get mad at myself when I think those thoughts D: I'm just scared that there isn't really any afterlife. I'd rather be in hell than be nonexistent. That, to me, is the scariest thing. I wonder if religion was just invented by people long ago who were scared, too. If you think about it, Christian beliefs aren't really any more logical or likely than Indians believing in animal spirits and stuff. And we dismiss that as crazy and untrue. I'm scared that there is no afterlife, and that I won't be able to live....anywhere. That is just horrifying. To not be able to think...I know people say "Yeah but you're dead so you wouldn't know" but that's my biggest fear. I'm not really an Atheist or anything yet, but I keep thinking it's more and more likely there isn't anything after this life, and I've been crying about that a lot lately. I've tried reading the Bible and stuff like that, but that just makes me feel even MORE unsure, and I start thinking about how ridiculous the stories sound. I just hope there is...SOMETHING after this life. I don't really care if it's heaven, reincarnation, whatever. Just....something. So, I really WANT to believe, I just don't know if I do anymore. Sorry for the long post :wub:
I COMPLETELY agree. That's exactly how I am O:

Yes, I believe.

MY VIEW:

What's the harm in believing? I mean, if he doesn't exist, it's the same whether you believed in him or not.

But if he DOES exist, then you go to heaven if you believed, and you-know-where if you don't.

So what's the harm in believing?

But then again, the bible claims to have never been any dinosaurs, but science proves of dino's. I've tried to piece this together before, and came up with some pretty good explanations, but science is proof, god isn't.

But I believe because there's no harm in it. Some people get killed for believing, but I learned that people find it an honor to die for their belifs. And I'd rather die for believing in Jesus than getting shot by a murderer, or beaten to death. I'd rather take the brave way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back