Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aisling continued speaking to the ghost, until she looked over and saw Leo. She waved and quickly moved so she could sit next to him. She liked him because he wasn't loud or cocky like some of the gryffindor students. He was quiet and thoughtful, which made Aisling consider him good friend material. "Hullo Leo," she said in her clear, wispy voice. "How was your summer? Are you glad to be back?"

Ewan jumped, as though he hadn't been expecting to be spoken to and the fact he was startled him. He regained his composure and turned to answer Christophe, trying to look as though he hadn't been surprised in the slightest. "Well, it was alright. I didn't get to go to Scotland like I'd been hoping to, though," he responded, just saying it in order to make small talk, doubting Christophe cared very much. "How about you, marra? Did you have a good summer?"

Christophe ignored the word he couldn't understand, deciding it mustn't be too important.

"I spent zee summer in France visiting my grandmother and grandfather, so that was nice. Too bad you didn't get to go to Scotland though, I have always wanted to go there! The accents are so cool... Do you have family there?" Christophe reached for his goblet and brought it to his lips, only to remember it was still empty and put it back down with a look of disgust on his face.

Ewan shook his head, "Nah, I just live so close, so I thought I should maybe pay a visit." Tons of Scottish people lived in his hometown, so he'd never thought much about the accent. It wasn't too far off from his own, actually. "France, eh?" he started to say something more, but then he was cut off by the voice of the Sorting Hat as it began to sing. Ewan sat back and listened, and once the hat had finished, names of the first years began to be called aloud in alphabetical order by last name.

Ooc- I hope no one minds that I made the hat start already...

Mystina looked on attentively as the sorting hat broke out in song and one by one the first years were sorted into their houses. Applause and cheer exploded from the corresponding tables to which each new first year was sorted. "Teehee" She chuckled as one of the first years almost tripped on his way to the stool and recalled her very own sorting ceremony. She felt nostalgic.

The first years that needed to be sorted started to dwindle down and before long, the sorting ceremony was over. Headmistress McGonagall stood in front of the students once again and gave her yearly, beginning-of-term ceremonial speech. "And with that, I wish everyone a fruitful academic year. Enjoy the feast everyone." McGonagall said in closing. Like a magical chant, plates and goblets were suddenly filled with food and beverages as soon as McGonagall finished uttering the words 'Enjoy the feast, everyone'.

Pushed out of his thoughts, Leo turned to Aisling. "Hi, Aisling." He was about to continue to talk when suddenly, the sorting hat began to sing. He waited for the song to end before talking again. "It was fine. I.. I guess so." That was him- simply answering whatever needed to be answered, not bothering to say much else. Although since he didn't want to scare away Aisling with awkward silence of thinking of what else to say to him, he added in, "You?" While waiting for her answer, he glanced over to the sorting hat, and watched the sorting go on for a while. Once the sorting was over, he listened through McGonagall's speech, and was rather pleased when dinner began. He looked around the table, trying to decide what to eat first.

Aisling said, "I went to Ireland for the summer! It was so beautiful. My older sister lives there with her husband, and they have a garden full of amazing plants, like the ones we learn about in herbology! I got to harvest mandrake root, which was kind of scary, but it was fun!" She watched the sorting progress, and when the food was presented, Aisling picked a little bit of everything. She loved the food at Hogwarts; it was always beyond delicious. She wondered aloud, "Are ghosts able to eat solid food?"

"That sounds fun." Leo took some steak and some mashed potatoes, as well as peas, corn, and carrots. He went ahead and poured himself a glass of Pumpkin Juice, and then offered the jug to Aisling. "I.. Don't think ghosts can eat. Ask him." He gestured to Nearly Headless Nick, who was floating around talking to other Gryffindor students nearby.

"I'll have to ask him in private so I don't embarrass him," she said softly as she took the jug of pumpkin juice from him. "I mean, everybody would be watching and listening. Besides, it's not very good table manners... I think..." She shrugged and then poured the juice into her goblet, humming softly under her breath. When she sat the jug down, she just stared at her plate, still humming, and her mind wandered to other things.

As she was not very hungry, Norium sipped a little bit of her pumpkin juice casually, and ate only a few roast potatoes before putting down her utensils and looked around for someone to talk to. Her attention wandered to a curly-haired girl at her bench, who she watched for a minute before realizing she must look strange gazing at other people. She sunk into her seat, and reached to her foot and got her pen. She concealed her hand under the table and began drawing a small fox on her wrist, which could have easily been enshrouded by her cloak. She put the pen back in her shoe, making sure no-one saw, and sat quietly in her place, twiddling her thumbs.

"Right," Leo agreed, nodding in a very robotic way. If somebody hunting down robots were to show up right now, they would probably think Leo was a robot. Or maybe an alien. Anyway, enough with the effort to make this post longer by useless extra booklike things added like this. He began to eat his steak, cutting it into small pieces and then using his fork to eat it. He took a few sips of Pumpkin Juice from his goblet, and then continued to eat his way through the food on his shiny gold plate.

(I know I haven't been keeping up at all... I'm soo sorry guys. I wish I had more time. But with school and taking collage classes and working, I hardly have any extra time for anything. I hope you still continue this RP, but I probably wont be able to be a part of it. -tear- if someone else wants to join, you dont have to wait for me to accept.)

The sorting had had finally finished speaking and food appeared on the golden plates and pitchers of pumpkin juice filled themselves. It all looked delicious. Christophe reached out and forked some turkey to put on his plate then poured some gravy on it. He helped himself to mashed potatoes and a bunch of strange looking vegetables that he was unsure what they were but knew from previous experience, that they were pretty good.

"What classes are you signed up for this year?" Christophe asked Ewan with a mouth full of mashed potato.

Ewan examined the food that appeared at the table, trying to decide what to eat. There was a LOT of food. He wasn't even that hungry, to be honest. He reached over the table to get some beef stew into a bowl, and then sat back down, grabbing a bun to dip into it. He took a minute in order to remember his courses, and snapped his fingers once he'd remembered them. "I'm taking Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy, History of Magic..." he paused, holding up seven fingers, trying to recall what he'd chosen for his electives, "Oh right, Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies." He said the last one with a bit of a grimace, like he'd really rather not be taking it. "How 'bout you? What classes are you taking?" he asked, before taking a bite of his food.

Oh how Christophe had missed that accent. He grinned, "I've got all the same courses, but I'm taking Ancient Runes instead of Muggle Studies," He explained, "I know all about muggles. I thought I was a muggle until I was six!" He exclaimed, then became embarrassed. "But yeah. Sounds like a good schedule. I hope I don't fail potions... Again..." He mumbled. Christophe took a gulp of pumpkin juice and looked around the great hall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ewan chuckled. "You thought you were a muggle? Really?" He couldn't imagine living in a situation where he could ever be convinced he was a muggle. Muggles were kind of a foreign concept to him, despite being half one. "But yeah, I don't really know anything about muggles, so it seemed like a good choice... I can't imagine it'll be very fun though." He ate a little more of the stew, which was likely to disappear soon to make way for dessert. "Maybe you should pick a better partner for potions this year... Y'know, someone who'll keep you from failing."

Ooc- I get so tempted to write out his accent, but no one would know what he was saying.

Ooc- You should write it out. It would make reading it so much more fun.

Christophe thought about it for a second, "Well it's not like I ever knew there was such thing as magic. My parents kept it from me just in case I didn't inherit it, you know? But yeah, well, the potions master doesn't seem to fond of me, so I didn't want him to think I was cheating... Maybe you and I could sit together? Are you any good at potions?"

Ooc- It would make reading it impossible is what it would do.

Ewan thought about it, before nodding slowly. "Yeah, I'm, uh, I'm not bad at potions," he responded. He wasn't entirely sure if he would be able to help Christophe through it, but it couldn't hurt to try, could it? And hey, at least if they failed they'd have to retake the class together, which wouldn't be too bad. "Yeah, let's sit together then." He went to have a bit more of the stew, but it was at that point that the dinner disappeared and was replaced with dessert. Ewan sighed, not really in the mood for dessert, but picked up a little tart thing anyway.

Christophe smiled excitedly as the food was replaced with dessert. It was worth the wait. Dessert at Hogwarts was the best you could get anywhere. He shoveled a slice of cake, two scoops of ice cream, and a slice of some kind of magic-berry pie onto his plate and began eating it.

Twenty-two minutes later, Christophe sat there with a very full stomach and his jeans were feeling uncomfortably tight. The headmaster dismissed them all to their beds and he got up slowly, rubbing his eyes, "That was... great," He said.

Jake, who had gone through the sorting process four times before, was delighted when they finished up and began piling dessert on to his plate. Jake noticed either side of him was occupied with first years. Normally this wouldn't bother him but these two were rather cocky and self centered, so he got up to move.

Ooc: Acegirl, could you compile a list of who's in what house? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back