Homework

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't started school yet, but I went back into my homework book from last year and opened up a random page :>

it has

~ Read chapters 9-12 in the book we were reading..

~ Fill out science fair forms

~ Math page # 3-49 odd numbers

~ Memorize 2 paragraphs of choice from this poem thingy

~ List pros and cons of Offshore mining.

.. that was from seventh grade. I don't really know if that's a lot compared to some other ppl. Then again my school is advanced, so it's supposed to give out more homework.

**edit- oh yeah- and I join the group of canadian school kids here C:**

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm anti homework. Whenever I get homework it's rare that I actually do it.

Right now i'm supposed to have handed in a C.A.F.S assignment that was due a week ago (havn't started it)

An ancient history one is due in 2 weeks, and i dont know what else I have because I don't really care.

I know that i SHOULD care.... but I honestly don't. Meh.

@ lara - I wish I could do that, but my teachers have a spazz on me if I don't do the smallest thing for homework ):

English assigment great it's due next week

Sose assigment

Maths home work- question 1-3 every second Q (a,c,e ect)

study for

maths exam

scince exam

I think that's it wait

English sheet that was due on friday

Blah. I start on Tuesday.

Since my school is a boarding school, we have study hall hours at night. No talking, no computer (for the first half), no anything but homework. So all my teachers give out a lot of homework (we have almost three hours of study hall, so we need a lot to fill that time). If we are sitting in study hall without homework, the dorm parents get mad (unless they're your teacher, lol ), and complain to the teachers to give more homework.

I usually get a lot. Mostly I can't finish it in study hall (that's might just be because I'm bad at math, but in the honors class.), so I have to do it before/stay up late after/do it during my freetime at school. I don't have any specifics, but last year math would generally take me an hour or so, depending on how hard I was trying, English would be a half hour (unless I had an essay), history would be forty minutes to an hour, science we only got three times a week (book work was about twenty minutes, lab reports about forty), French was only like ten, and public speaking varied depending on if I had a speech coming up.

But this year my classes are harder, so more homework. It will not be fun.

I never do homework. I finish it in class.

School started a few weeks ago, and I haven't had too much homework to complain. Maybe for like..one class..

Blah. I start on Tuesday.
Since my school is a boarding school, we have study hall hours at night. No talking, no computer (for the first half), no anything but homework. So all my teachers give out a lot of homework (we have almost three hours of study hall, so we need a lot to fill that time). If we are sitting in study hall without homework, the dorm parents get mad (unless they're your teacher, lol ), and complain to the teachers to give more homework.

I usually get a lot. Mostly I can't finish it in study hall (that's might just be because I'm bad at math, but in the honors class.), so I have to do it before/stay up late after/do it during my freetime at school. I don't have any specifics, but last year math would generally take me an hour or so, depending on how hard I was trying, English would be a half hour (unless I had an essay), history would be forty minutes to an hour, science we only got three times a week (book work was about twenty minutes, lab reports about forty), French was only like ten, and public speaking varied depending on if I had a speech coming up.

But this year my classes are harder, so more homework. It will not be fun.
Oh, a boarding school! I immediately thought of Zoey101. -brick'd-

xD

So you get 3 hours a night to complete your homework?

-English. I have to use descriptive words to describe things ;P

-Geometry. It's finding patterns in a group of numbers/symbols

Blahh.

- Honors Chemistry - Take home test. Elements test tomorrow. (It's supposed to be a, "pop quiz," but I know it's coming. I talked to my friend who had class today rather than lab and she said we have it D; )

- Honors Algebra II - pg. 21, #3-63, every third number. #66 optional.

- Japanese II - First section in Katakana review book.

- Honors English 10 - Read Archetype packet, take notes.

First day of school, and only one assignment. Woo!

History - Two page essay on British life in 1750.

I've been working on my homework for about an hour now,

And I'm still not done. D:

And I forgot to mention that I have history homework too. >_>

I had to come home and do my pre-calculus homework on inverse functions and my chapter three U.S history worksheet, scarf down my dinner, go to practice and now I'm working on my physics homework that isn't due for a few days, and I have to memorize the definitions for eight or nine terms from my computer graphics and animation class for our quiz tomorrow. So yeah, a lot to do. And I have 7:00 A.M. practice tomorrow too. Who needs sleep right? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Honors Chemistry - finish take home quiz, read pages 10-15, section two concept map, general chem review sheet.

Honors Algebra II - Test tomorrow. (And man do I need to study. D: )

Honors World Cultures - Read, questions 1-3 (I think?). (I'm copying Diana's tomorrow. xD)

Honors English 10 - Read pages 4-10 and take notes, pages 14-15 and outline, and page 16 notes. (Diana and I split this in half so it isn't as bad.

And I'm going to be super busy tonight as it is. One of my closest friend's birthday is tomorrow. And she's turning sixteen. She's totally not excited about her birthday; it's one big non-event. Some I'm making her cupcakes and a hemp necklace. xD

our first day was today >.<

- 30 four-digit multiplication questions

- 1 page explaining how to apply your favorite quote to the schoolyear

- sign a bunch of forms

- answer 7 questions about your personality ;o

- Math problem (due friday)

- test on poetry tomorrow

the other grade 8 class got the ex-grde 1 teacher. they made nametags all day x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back