How to decorate your Tama ^_^

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use rhine stones.I put them sometimes to cover the scratches. :)

sweet.angel

Yes, there was. it was called the Tama-Decoratchi kit...A Mametchi, Memetchi, and Kutchipatchi character themes... :angry: I had the Mametchi one. HOW do you safely remove the paint of your tam? with clear nail polish..?? :s

[SIZE=14pt]OMG! I totaly want to try these ideas! i have a v4.5, v5, and a v6. these will totaly help me and my sis! :p ;) :( ;) ;) :rolleyes: :mimitchi: -_- :mimitchi: :furawatchi: B) :lol: :mimitchi: [/SIZE]

Another tip, is to attactch a Tamagotchi figurine to your beaded key chain, then attatch it to the key ring on your Tamagotchi.

Wow, these are great tips! I'm a huge fan of sparkly glittery things, so my v6 has pink and white rhinestones around the screen. And my v6 is the pink one with black and white stars, so it looks really nice.

Can I add my own Ideas?

TAMAGO/V7

What you need:

Stiff paper

scissors

1. Pop off the lens and take out the paper faceplate

2. trace the faceplate onto the stiff paper

3. Cut out the new faceplate

4. Decorate it however you want it! Use markers, colored pencils, whatever! Or you could glue on those rhinestones you can buy at the craft store; just make sure it fits back inside!

I know! that's why I don't want to use nail polish; I'm afraid I'll screw up!
Alot of us are scared to use nail polish.

Especially when its hard, and almost impossible to get it back off again. I think im going to stick to just buying the Tamas with cute designs.

Hehe, because I live in America, yesterday I made a red, white, and blue keychain for my tamas.

I put a black and red bead keyring on my tama and i'm making a tama case right now :angry:

Ooh! Ooh! I have an idea!! You could make a bracelet out of string and beads to fit your wrist, then tie it to your Tamagotchi! That would be so cool!

I've never decorated any of my tamagotchis, but it sounds like a fun idea!

Is anybody considering decorating theirs for halloween? I was thinking of making a keychain with some spooky charms on, and maybe re-painting the case. Somebody told me that if you protect the buttons and screen with blu-tack, then spray matt white foundation paint over it, you end up with a clean white shell, and you can use modelling paints to create your own design.

When I get paid next I think I'll buy a new tama and try it out :) Sounds fun!

As for the nail polish, it sometimes does mess up the shell. especially nail polish remover. I personally don't like using the nail polish though because it's hard to deal with and it gets all sticky. Plus it usually leaves streaky lines and stuff.

But what I actually ended up doing once is I took the tamagotchi apart so that I could just work on the shell pieces, and lightly sanded it until it wasn't glossy anymore. I kind of forgot about that project actually, but I was planning on painting it next since the paint would probably work better on that surface.

I also wanted to change the background of the screen, but I noticed that it's easiest to see when the background piece has that shininess to it (like how it is normally). I did try making a background that was mostly white with something printed on it, but I just wasn't satisfied with it.

I'm still trying to come up with a way to make a nice background.

I'm also considering molding a new shell for one of my tamagotchi, but I still have to get around to that.

I've already posted this picture on my intro thread, but I've been custom painting one of my Tamas. I used blu-tack to protect the screen/ buttons/ screws etc, like this and then spray-painted a white undercoat (except this time I used a pink Tama, but the white paint still covered it perfectly :) ). The white undercoat gives you a better surface to paint on than the bare plastic.

Here's what it looks like so far- I haven't done the front yet, and it's far from finished, but I like it so far ^-^ Of course I had to choose a bug theme :D <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back