HPV Vaccine

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to get the vaccine. I've already had the first 2,tho. They don't really hurt. they feel like they put warm water.in your arm. (If they could even do that! :D )so,they don't hurt that bad! so don't worry!

I got it last year in grade 7. It wasn't too bad, but you could feel the vaccine going down your arm for the first few seconds. Overall, it wasn't too bad.

Ok, all of you people that think shots hurt....

You're wrong.

Just keep your arm relaxed, think nothing of it, and your arm will feel less sore. If you're all tense 'cause you're thinking, "Oh, a needle! Ohmigosh *spazattack*" then just don't. It's all in your head. Shots don't hurt. Not even the sore arm you get afterwards.

Anyway, on-topic...

I've gotten the whole shibang already, and I'm 12. I actually got two on the first day (on each arm!) then I forgot when I got the other shot. Idk when, but I didn't feel anything. At all. Hey, as long as it prevents me from getting cervical cancer, then sign me up!

Ok, all of you people that think shots hurt....
You're wrong.

Just keep your arm relaxed, think nothing of it, and your arm will feel less sore. If you're all tense 'cause you're thinking, "Oh, a needle! Ohmigosh *spazattack*" then just don't. It's all in your head. Shots don't hurt. Not even the sore arm you get afterwards.

Anyway, on-topic...

I've gotten the whole shibang already, and I'm 12. I actually got two on the first day (on each arm!) then I forgot when I got the other shot. Idk when, but I didn't feel anything. At all. Hey, as long as it prevents me from getting cervical cancer, then sign me up!
*Claps* You stole my words... ;O

Ps: Off topic... BUT I love your sig.. ;D

shots make my arm numb and i have an excuse to be felt sorry for. xD

my mom didn't believe i should get the needle because she believed it was more aimed at kids who are more sexually active, and i should get it when i'm much older with a partner. only 2 girls got it this year, which is kinda funny. xD

Ok, this Friday at our school the Grade 8 girls have the option of getting the HPV vaccine. I guess it consists of 3 shots, and they are extremely painful. So far, I'm the only girl in my grade who is getting it.
Apparently, it doesn't even work, I tried telling my parents that, and they said I still have to get it, and I have to go through pain and agony alone for nothing. :(

Are any of you getting it???
I've had it. It's as painful as any jab.

Also they do work however they only protect against to viruses. Apparently in a group of three women 2 will have gotten the virus and had it develop into cancer had they not been vacinated. The last will still get cancer however dude to how early the cancer is usually caught women rarely die form it. In my country (England) my mum says according to the data that a documentry she watched provided only around 1000 people would have died. That's not much and the vaccine is very expensive. Though it's still good to have it. Most people fear though that the girls now think it's OK to go and have sex. Of course the thing a girl is more likely to worried about in that situation is getting pregnant.

Apparently, there's a show about the bad side effects you can get fromthis shot.

My mom said it hasn't been around long enough, so I was the only grade 8 girl who didn't get it.

OMG I had the first two injections of it this year! All Year 8 girls who didn't already have it must get it. Apparently some people have to get the Hepatitis B injection AS WELL as this at the same time (on both arms)! Luckily I was not one of them, but lots of my friends are (my poor friends :) ). They all said that the Hep. B one hurts more.

My next injection will be in October I think. And yes, the vaccine DOES work ;) Just not in the effect you think it should.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]i have to get the shot for that in 2 months. i do not want them no, but i have to take them yes.[/SIZE]

I've had all three.

It doesn't hurt a bit. :p

I would definatley get it. Would you rather have three small shots or get cancer?

I'd take the shots any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back