Hypochondriacs

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~*Starfire*~

Reaction score
My English teacher was talking about them for some reason and as soon as she said that word Nicole, Jayne, and I looked at each other and said at the same time "Miranda!" Just so people know, a hypochondriac is a person who takes a minor body function and intensifies it to something WAY beyond what it really is. (Ex: a stomach ache suddenly turns into stomach cancer). So anyway everyone is getting really annoyed with her and her "asthma attacks" (she only gets them when she's faced with something she doesn't want to do or she wants attention). She intensifies EVERYTHING slightly wrong with her and everyone's getting sick of it, even the teachers! The teachers have to let her go to the office though if she says she's feeling bad because of school policy. I was wondering if anyone else knows someone like this? :lol:

Yes, actually. He's sick everyday, it annoys me so much. He comes in saying he's hurt his back, or he's hurt his foot, or he's feels sick, or he has a temperature. This is a basic conversation between us:

"I feel sickkk," he says to me."Then go and be sick and go home, stop whining for attention," I say.

"My leg hurts, I can't even walk!" he says... while walking...

"Then go break it, and tell someone who actually cares," is my basic response.
It really gets on my nerves, so I just usually tell him to go away and tell someone who gives a pineapple. Only... I don't say pineapple, but yeah. I really can't stand attention seekers, especially hypochondriacs. I know it's probably not their fault, but it's still really annoying.

Yess. My friend is always like... "OHMAGAWSH. PHOEBE. I'M HAVING A MIGRAINE. LETS GO TELL MY MOM." I mean, WTF? "OHMYGAWSH. I SEE A WASP. LET'S GO INSIDE." And I wouldn't mind it as much if she actually had migraines and was actually allergic to cheetos like she says. She also used to be "allergic" to Doritos, until she tried one, and all the sudden decided she wasn't allergic.

Actually, I've been questioning my friend's sanity lately.

In the fall, she went to the hospital because she thought she had appendicitis. I was terribly worried for her, and prayed and made her a get well card and everything. Turned out she was fine, and I was happy that there was nothing serious going on.

But lately, it's been constant. A few weeks ago she, came up to me and looked really aweful. I asked her what was up. "I think I just pulled every muscle in my body." I asked her how, and she said she was doing the breast stroke in swimming class. O: I honestly cracked up, xD

About a week ago, she comes up to me in holding room, limping and hyperventalating. She said that she was having an asthma attack, and that she pulled all the muscles around her knee. She said she had to run the whole way to her bus stop that morning. (Meanwhile, her bus comes right up to her house. >_>;; ) She said that she couldn't breath. I asked her if she had an inhaler, and she said no, because her parents would not believe that she actually had asthma. (I wonder why.) She said that they day previously, she was running to catch her bus after school, and tripped and landed on her knee in a puddle of water, causing it to be pulled.

Today she comes up to me and my friend after school. She's all, "I have something pretty serious to tell you. I think I have diabetes." I wanted to pull a facepalm, but that would have been extremely rude. She said she's always tired and thirsty. After she left, my friend was like, "What the crap?! Everyone is tired, it's the day after spring break. And sometimes you're just thirsty." They're very not-set-in-stone symptoms, so I'm not really believeing her.

My friend also said that she was freaking out because she lent the copy of the book she is writing to her friend, and she hasn't gotten it back yet. Apparently she said, "If I don't get that book back, I'm going to start cutting again!" She never cut. She's just being over dramatic. >_>;;

It's getting really annoying, quite honestly.

It's weird you say that because today we were running and I have a swollen knee (trust me, I actually do, I was on crutches last month) and it was hurting a little so I said "*Friend* I can't go on... my knee hurts.. it's cancer" but I didn't take it any further than that. I hate exaggerations.

Gladly nobody is like that that I know of, only if they're just lightly joking around.

Well one time when I had a cut on my finger I started saying "I can't do anything BLOOD LOSS GRAB THE STICHES" But that was a joke -nods-

Yes I do know a hypo and his name is Scott. But one time he tripped and his arm really hurt. The teacher ignored him. Turned out it was fractured. xD. Silly Scott D: Then the next day he started going on about how he is really thirsty we told him he should probably get a blood test (diabetes). The net day he says he has diabetes and was sitting there eating a chocolate bar in class because of his 'low blood sugar' WTF is wrong with him. We had an argument because usually here diabetics have to go to hospital for 3 days to learn about it 'n stuff (My cousin and aunt and grandma has it) Then the day after that it was Asthma... Then he said he would rather have diabetes because he wants to see how they feel :s He's a strange strange child. Yes.

And theres a girl but I think she just makes her mum write her notes so she dosnt have to do PE. Every wednesday and friday shes all "Aww miss I can't do PE pulled a muscle in my back I have a note"

Last edited by a moderator:
Er.

Me. -dies-

I'll admit it.

Today I thought I sprained my ankle during Gym.

Yesterday, I thought I sprained my arm playing Wii Music. >.>

Yes.

No but my aunty does. :/ But my friend thought she had breast cancer once because her chest was hurting after we ran a mile in PE I told her "Are there any spots on your chest or tummy?" she said "No" I said "Then don't worry your just tired." I put my arm over her shoulder after that lol.

One of my friends, Tahlee is. Definitely. Like.. Wow.

"Alice... Can you tell Mr Futcher [PE teacher] that I think I've sprained to ankle? I need to sit down."

"Katieeeee, can you come to the office with me? I need to give them an illness I think I may have."

She's a regular Erica Yurken D:

And because she's got the HUGEST crush on Luke, she only does it in front of of him, or tells him later to get attention.

Like at break, she takes a bite of her sandwich and starts like, hyperventilating, pretending she's choking, so Luke, being an idiot, slaps her REALLY hard on the back, and she starts laughing. Ugggggh.

Then, we always, always share our food, so I offered Tahlee one of my cookies [Yuuuuuum <33] and she goes "Do they have chocolate in them?" And I go "Yeah, they're chocolate chip, Tal." and she says "Oh, well, no thanks, I'm allergic. I go into anaphylactic shock and I could die." And starts giving us this talk about what could happen if she eats chocolate, meanwhile, Daniel is sitting there drooling over a chocolate bar in her lunchbox -_____-

I always seem to exaggerate D:

Like today, my nose was feeling numb and getting blocked and I was like running around screaming cuz I literally thought I wouldn't be able to breathe.

I also once went to the hospital because of that too. I could hardly breathe (I could breathe through my mouth, not my nose) and I asked mum to call the ambulance and they were like ''Omg what happened??'' and took me to the hospital. Only then I realised I have a mouth that I can breathe through... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back