I aM tHe WaLrUs

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we're not used to anything different, I suppose. The first musical ever at our school was five years ago, which was my first year there. Then we've had two more since, so, really, three is better than none, and we don't know any different. Shows aren't as important to schools here as they are in the US, you see.

"Well, you're welcome to," Asher chuckled. "I see you making a face at me. Some of us haven't just been steering the boat, you know. Besides, I'll work out later to get it all off again." He smiled and took a sip of his glass of water in the meantime. "We'll be fine. You did great today. It'll be a great trip, because you'll be even better as we go along. We have nothing to worry about initially. And I'm glad you liked it and you're also not feeling rough, so you'll manage to put up with it for as long a we're away for."

That makes sense. My high school had been doing shows for over 30 years.

Lucy scrunched her face at him, laughing lightly at his comments. "Okay, okay, no need to make fun of your frail fiance, Asher!" She downed her cola quickly, and the waitress came back with a refill. Turning her attention to Asher, Lucy said, "I really can't wait to get out on the open ocean, and just spend all my time with you. Blue skies, blue water, sea breezes! It's going to be so much fun!" She couldn't help letting out a small squeal of delight, clapping her hands together.

Ah, I see. Well, they used to do plays and such. But really Mr. Carey has been vital for our school, he's the creative mastermind.

"Well, then, don't point out my occasional unhealthy bad eating habits. Let me tell you, when you've been cooking for hundreds of soldiers every day out of what you can get, a burger is as welcome a relief that exists," Asher chuckled. He smiled then, at her thinking ahead to their trip. "I know, it's going to be wonderful. But also, don't forget what comes before it.."

Oh wow! It's kind of cool to have a person who's just like, amazingly creative. They bring life into the picture, you know?

Lucy rolled her eyes then sipped her soda before saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, baby." There was humor in her voice mixed with seriousness. She thanked the waitress once their food had arrived, and quickly started eating her sandwich, voraciously hungry. "Oh my gosh, this is awesome!" She exclaimed, her mouth half full of food, a grin on her face.

Yeah. Honestly, we're so lucky to have him. He spends every single lunch time and free period that he has either at band or orchestra or helping people who are doing A Levels and GCSE like me. And then he spends countless hours working on stuff at home. He even conducted the concert despite having an awful throat infection. Really, we couldn't do it without him.

Asher chuckled and said, "That's okay, my love, I forgive you." He was glad for the food arriving, apparently equally as starving as she was. He went straight for his burger. He loved coming here-- the people were so friendly, and the food was great. "So you see why I brought you here. So I could patch you up and then we could get lunch at the best place in town," he laughed.

Oh my gosh! He sounds super dedicated, which is what music programs in school really need. People who love it and their students.

Lucy liked the food a lot, even though it was much different from the meals they cooked back home in Oklahoma. Still, it was nice to try something different, and to see how good it actually was. She scarfed down her sandwich in minutes, before starting to nibble at her fries. She put two straws in the milkshake, then took a sip from it, giving a soft noise of delight as the creamy dessert hit her tongue. "Oh my gosh," she breathed, closing her eyes. "That is the best milkshake I've ever had in my life. Sooooooo good!"

He is. I mean, some people don't like him, he's a bit of an odd character at times, but he's so supportive of us musicians :)

This wasn't exactly the food Asher ate very often when he was back home. He and his parents really liked foreign food, as a matter of of fact. But every now and then it was really nice just to go for something so unhealthy, and he justified it because he had to sail to get there. He asked her, "Did you really want some of my burger, by the way?" and looked as if he was about to break off a bit for her.

That's so awesome! And oddity sometimes equates to genius, so there xD

At least, that's what I'd like to think, anyway. I'll have to make a post about it on tumblr lol

Lucy had already cleared her plate, and was chugging her next glass of cola when he asked her that. She looked at the burger, obviously very tempted by his offer. However, if he was still really hungry, she didn't want to take any of his food. That would have made her feel very guilty. "Well... only if you think you won't be able to eat it all," she finally admitted sheepishly, before taking another sip from the milkshake. She hadn't eaten this ravenously in a long time, and it embarrassed her to be like that in front of Asher. Honestly, she felt like a pig at that point.

Well, I agree, really :)

You have Tumblr? Follow me! I'm tarrynwilliams.tumblr.com :)

Asher smiled and broke off a piece of his burger for her and set it on her plate. He then took a sip of the milkshake, which was really rather good indeed, and went to eating some of his fries. "Honestly, it's fine. This is plenty for me, and, well, you look starving so you may as well. Besides, it's good to see you eat so much after all the time when you couldn't eat much at all," he said softly.

I'm following you! :D

Lucy scarfed down the portion of the burger Asher had given her, reveling in it's deliciousness. "Thank you," she said delightedly through a mouthful of food. "This is the best burger I've ever had! I'm glad you don't mind sharing with me." After swallowing that morsel, she took a sip from the milkshake, then took Asher's hand in hers, looking at the ring that was on her finger. "I'm glad we'll get to share meals like this for the rest of our lives. I won't starve myself anymore, just to let you know. You worried about me, and I don't like to make you worry. So I'm going to eat as much as I want when I want!"

Yup, I know :) And I am stalking following you.

"You are most welcome, my love," Asher said to her, finishing off his fries and eating the last of his burger, pushing his plate aside and taking another sip of the milkshake. He squeezed her hand in his own when she took it and smiled at her adoringly. "Neither can I. I can't wait for every moment of our lives together, it's going to be wonderful, not matter what's thrown at us," he agreed. "And, I know. I'm glad for it, though. You worried me a lot when you came back.. Just the thought that if I'd been much later.. I could have lost you."

Muahahahaha!!!!

Thanks for stalking following me! <3

Lucy beamed at Asher and squeezed his hand, returning the adoring look he gave to her. "Asher, I swear, you're too good to me sometimes." She leaned over the table and kissed him briefly on the lips. Before she moved back she rubbed her nose against his fondly. "I'm so glad I held on long enough for you to come back to me. And i hope you never have to leave me again." She brushed her fingers along his palm and beamed at him.

Oh, you're welcome ;]

"Nothing can ever possibly be too good for you, baby. Not possible," Asher replied, returning the kiss while it lasted very happily indeed. He then murmured, "I've done my time. And now they'll never take me away from you again, I can promise you that. I'll never leave you like that again." The very thought of it made him feel sick to his stomach. Being away from hr was the hardest thing he'd ever been through. He might have lived through it, perhaps stayed on, even enjoyed his time there if he had never met her, as it would have been an escape for him. But they'd taken him away from the one thing that made his life truly worth living, and in the time that he'd known her she'd allowed him to open up, and so the things he saw did affect him much more than they would have done if she hadn't been in his life and changed him. But now he was just more grateful for every second of his time with her, and the things she had done for him, and the things she was willing to put up with just to be with him-- the scars that covered his body that shocked and disgusted anyone else but her, and the sleepless nights where the memories came back to him as real as the day they'd been formed before his eyes and sent him into sheer panic; she didn't mind those things, and he couldn't express his happiness at that fact.

Last night, I had the weirdest dream. Me and you were in this Hawaii summer camp. xD We learned hula, ran away from bears in the forest (wth?), and did yoga stretching exercises

Lucy got up and moved to sit next to Asher in the booth, cuddling up under his arm so she was securely close to his side. The scars didn't matter to her, as long as he was alive, and safe at home. She could have cared less whether or not he had them. And the screaming attacks-- again, they were worth having him home with her. All she wanted was him, no matter how he looked or what he had seen. When he had left, he had occupied every thought she had. He had been all she could dream about, all she wished for. And then she thought she had lost him. Nothing could describe the grief she had felt, believing that she would have to go every day of her life without him, that he had suffered in his last moments.

Weird is an understatement, Becca! xD Sounds.. Interesting.

Asher wrapped his arm tightly around her, very happy with the closeness at that point in time. Sighing with content, he leaned the side of his head against the top of hers very gently. "I love you," he murmured to her, idly playing with a few strands of her hair. He loved the colour of her hair, and her eyes, and he thought that it was cute that she was pretty small in comparison to him; he loved everything about the way she looked. And he loved every little habit she had and thing she did without knowing it. And he loved everything about the way she was inside, too. She was just as beautiful on the inside; smart, kind, generous, funny, understanding, every other good quality. He wondered what he had done to be so fortunate as to meet such a perfect girl, and for her to fall as much in love with him as he was with her.

It was soooooooooooo strange. xD

I think we need to do some music together

Lucy just smiled up at him, then said, "I know," as softly as she could manage. She looked up and kissed his jaw a couple times before resting her head on his shoulder once more, a look of tranquility crossing her face. Her mind began to wander to their wedding, which wouldn't be too far off, and the honeymoon after that. It also crossed her mind that soon, Asher would be meeting her parents, and she truly hoped that they liked him, and that their visit would go over smoothly. Giving a soft sigh, she remembered how stubborn her father was, and knew it would take some time before he would trust Asher with his little girl.

You need to make a girl for this! Soooooooooo~

Jesse, of course, with his messy hair and messy clothes, sat on the street corner, playing guitar, a protest sign hooked on the front of his chest and on his back. Other hippies were there with him, marching, singing, chanting, and waving their signs furiously. The cops stood by, grim looks on their faces, poised in case anything should go wrong. Flag burning? The kids would go to jail. Draft card burning? Same thing. Jesse couldn't help but glance at them from behind his pair of rose tinted glasses, which he was wearing instead of his normal, round glasses. They gave more of a psychedelic vibe, anyways, and they stood out from the glasses everyone else appeared to be wearing. He scanned the crowds on people walking by, some shaking their heads, others nodding along. In a city as diverse as New York, opinions were bound to differ.

It seems like it, really xD

Oh, you do, do you? Well, considering my latest exciting music business connection, I should think a lot of people would. But, of course, since it's you, I'm happy to oblige :) What did you have in mind?

Asher was quite peaceful, and not really thinking of much at all except for how completely happy he was at that moment in time, until he heard Lucy sigh from beside him. He was't quite sure what kind of sigh it was-- normally, he could tell, but it wasn't so easy because he hadn't seen her expression-- so he asked her, "Everything okay, baby?"

I'm sorry, I'm going to be a real bummer and say can I wait until tomorrow or something? I'm at my mental limit because I'm also multitasking with a ton of other things xD It'll also give me time to think of a character, since I only really have Angie right now. I don't usually write for girls. I'm not sure why.

Anything really! You're a genius with instruments, whereas I kind of suck xD

And yes, the girl character can wait :) No rush. I just wanted to use Jesse again =P

Lucy looked up at Asher and said, "I'm sort of anxious, I guess. I mean, you still have to meet my family, and... well, you're not exactly the man they had hoped I would fall for. They wanted me to marry a doctor or a farmer-- basically someone who makes a lot of money and is "clean cut." My mother will probably warm up to you faster than my father. He's not really as open minded as me or Eric. He's already somewhat irked that we're engaged without his approval-- although, I think he would have given it anyway, he just wants to be a part of the whole thing."

N'aww, I doubt that. And I'm not a genius, that is a very large overstatement, though I am flattered :)

That's cool. I will get to it eventually, it's just that right now I think my mind is going through an overload xD

"Ah, I see. Well, I hope that they believe that I'm still worthy of you despite my career choice and income," Asher said. "And, as for his consent to marry you.. I suppose I should have asked first. But I wanted it to be romantic, and considering the circumstances I couldn't ask him beforehand or anything of the sort, I just asked you in the hope that it would all work out in the end. And really it was the last thing on my mind after everything that had happened. But I hope they can grow to like me."

You definitely are!!!!! Don't argue with me, woman! :3

Merry Christmas Tazzy bear!

"I think my mother will grow to like you with some times-- oh, and she'll probably force feed you when you come for dinner and such. She loves cooking, it's her favorite pastime. My parents are extremely conservative, which is far from what we are, I think." She laughed and added, "We're far from a conventional couple, you know. But they'll have to get over it, because we love each other completely. Hopefully, they'll see how happy you make and accept you as part of our family." She grinned at him, then took one last sip from the milkshake. After that, she started hiccuping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back