I aM tHe WaLrUs

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, okay! I believe you! xD

Merry Christmas, Becca! :3

"Okay. Well, I'll make sure to be very prepared for it!" Asher chuckled. He then smiled slightly as she started hiccupping and he said, "You see, that's what you get for wolfing it all down like you did."

Well, new character has a name and a general description. She's coming, I promise :)

If we do something together, I want it to be something that not many people do, you know?

=) What did you ask for for Christmas?

Between hiccups, Lucy managed to stammer, "I was... hungry!" She laughed and hiccuped all at once, her face turning pink from the lack of air. When she finally caught her breath, she smiled up at Asher and kissed his cheek. "Now don't *hic* tease me about it! You should be glad I ate as much as I did, you know! *hic!*" Her hiccups were catching the attention of the other customers, but she didn't really mind, After all, they were just hiccups, it wasn't like she was choking or burping or anything.

Yeah, sure :)

Well, I've pretty much already got what I wanted with my guitar so I'm not really sure, I haven't asked for anything else, I'm happy with anything. What about you?

Asher laughed softly as he hiccups continued. "I know you were, I could tell by how much you ate," he chuckled, "But you really wolfed it down, is all I'm saying." He looked around to see a few eyes on them, accompanied with amused smiles as Lucy's noises. He asked the waitress for a glass of water and said, "But I am glad that you ate a lot of food, you know that." The waitress returned with water and gave it to Lucy, which would hopefully help suppress them a bit.

I mean, we don't have to do anything if you don't want to!

I didn't ask for anything. In fact, I kind of told my parents not to get me anything. But since I have three other siblings, they said it wouldn't be right to get everyone something but me. =S

Lucy laughed out loud, then snorted when she inhaled. Blushing wildly, she covered her mouth with her hands, the laughing still going on. Her face turned red as a beet, and she had to take a gulp of water to try and suppress the hiccups and laughter which were threatening to explode in the restaurant. "S-sorry," she choked, before taking another swig of water. "I guess all that food made me jittery and energized or something." She sighed, the fit over as soon as it had begun.

Oh, no, I want to. We should :)

Aw, but you deserve something really nice! <3

Asher was nearly in a fit of laughter himself at the sound of her snorting, using his hand to stifle the sound of his laughing. Eventually the hiccups subsided and he chuckled a little bit more at the whole moment before it all fell calm again, and he gave her a quick kiss."Clearly so. That means you'll have enough energy to swim back across the lake!" he joked.

Reagan was caught in the rush of the march in the streets. No she wasn't taking part in it-- just not today, anyway--, but she'd sort of been swept up in them as she'd been making her way back home after going out to get some groceries. It wasn't violent, so she didn't mind, and eventually she found a way out of it and onto the pavement, her deep red, auburny, perhaps, curly hair looking slightly dishevelled, and her looking a bit taken aback by the size of the crowd. Honestly, she wasn't one to join big crowds like that, bad things happened.

Reagan!!!! I LOVE that name! I also like the name Kennedy!

Yay! Okay, so what style would you be interested in doing? I sing a bit of everything, really. =)

Well, I almost would rather people give the money for presents to a charity.

"Oh no! I am NOT going in the water again! It's too cold, and the breeze is chilly! Maybe you can swim across the lake if you want!" She couldn't help laughing again, finishing her glass of water slowly, so she wouldn't start hiccuping again. "Thanks for buying lunch, Asher. I really appreciate it, you know." She took his hand and squeezed it, before planting a kiss on his hand gently.

Jesse got out a megaphone, and started speaking into it. He gave a long speech about the injustices of the draft, how the war was unnecessary, how nobody was winning on either side. It was obvious that he was impassioned about the subject. He couldn't stand the fact that young men-- practically still boys-- were being matched off to their deaths in a land they didn't know at all. His eyes held some sort of a flame behind them, his face conveying multiple emotions.

I actually stole it off of Diva. As soon as she suggested it, I thought it was beautiful.

Well, I really don't mind, either, since I listen to and play pretty much anything. Like, I've done rock, pop, alternative, and the latest is soul/r'n'b, so I can do anything you like. I mean, it's more important that you're comfortable with it, because you're singing, and that's what people are really listening to.

This is really exciting. I've suggested a collaboration with Beth, as well =D If it helps there, I imagine we'll do something Classic Rock, so perhaps not that for the one we're doing?

That's really sweet of you. I don't know many people who would do that.

Oh, man, Vietnam. I had to write an essay about it in my History exam. I actually loved studying it, though :3

"Haha, no, thanks. I don't think either of us will be doing any swimming today. Or, at least any more swimming, in your case," Asher chuckled. "Besides, we're both needed on ship." In regards to his buying lunch, he said, "Oh, that's quite alright. It was the least I could do to make you feel a little better."

Reagan was about to cross the street, but she stopped for a moment, just to observe the crowd from afar. Despite her dislike for being mish-mashed between hundreds of other passionate people, she was glad that people were doing this. Everything that was going on to do with the war was wrong, and she felt like the government needed to realise that the war could not be won, that people in Vietnam as well as their own troops were dying for a lost cause. And, frankly, she believed that America-- and the Western world in general-- was far too proud for its own good. She was quite content to listen from afar to the words being said from the man speaking through the megaphone, at least she was taking part in that sense.

Well, that's it for me, I think! Merry Christmas, Becca. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Eat loads, have fun, God bless you. I love you <3

Niiice!

Okay! Let's see... I was thinking something possibly more folksy or ballad-ish.

History is one of my favorite subjects, actually. :3

Oh, how was your Christmas? :^D

Lucy smiled and said, "Well, besides being a little bit scraped and very wet and chilly, I wasn't too bad. But now I'm feeling much, much better. You definitely did a good job!" She giggled and pushed her plate away, before starting to doodle on a few different napkins with one of the pens that was placed on the table. She drew little pictures of stick figures getting married, little wedding dresses, and flowers. Entranced by her work, she seemed to zone out for a relatively good amount of time. Imagining the future always distracted her from other things, really. There were so many possibilities to look at, so many things to speculate, that it took much of her concentration. She didn't know whether or not it was the same for Asher; she had never asked him.

When Jesse had finished his speech, he took out his draft card, and then grabbed a lighter. He didn't care about adhering to the law. Something had to be done, and he felt a burning hatred for the draft. After all, it had practically ruined Lucy's life and future. It had taken his other friends, and many of them hadn't returned. He had never felt true loss until then, he had never known how much the war would tear people apart. Militaristic zealots were still praising the cause, but it should have been over; it shouldn't have happened at all. With a quick flick of his thumb, he lit his lighter, then held it to the draft card. The edges burned and curled up, creating a bright flare as the fire spread. Then, the police rushed forward, and the crowd went wild, like a frenzied herd of animals. There was screaming, yelling, crying, and even fighting. Jesse tried to move and blend in with the crowd, but the policemen got to him first, roughly dragging him to the police car.

Mmkay, sounds good, to an extent, it depends on how far folk you're thinking. Any ballad is fine, though.

Mine, too. I love it <3

Christmas was wonderful, thank you! And yours?

"Well, I'm certainly very glad to hear that," Asher replied with a gentle smile. For a while, he sat watching her, intrigued by what she was drawing. He hadn't thought of her as the kind of person who did that kind of thing, and it was interesting just to watch all the things that she was clearly thinking about and dreaming of, and also how focussed she was on it. There was nothing worse than being disturbed when doing something like that, he knew better than most, and so he kept completely silent until she was done.

Reagan watched as the crowd became angry, and the police piled in, taking hold of demonstrators. She cowered away from it all. She didn't like the Police, for personal reasons; when she'd needed their help, they didn't take a blind bit of notice, and she imagined them laughing at her when they got back into their cars and at the station. She also hated it when people started fighting and became violent, because that was the reason she'd called the Police in the first place, and it still made her shy as a doormouse when even verbal conflict took place. But she couldn't tear herself away, because it was all wrong and she wanted to do something, but was too afraid at the same time.

Christmas was pretty good, actually. Got a few things I wanted, spent time with the family. I can't complain =)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!! =D

Not necessarily folk, just more.... contemporary? I dunno, lol.

Lucy finally put aside her drawings, wadding up the napkins and stuffing them in her pockets self consciously. She looked up at Asher and smiled awkwardly. "Sorry," she said, her tone apologetic. "I guess I zoned out there for a little bit. Thinking about the wedding and stuff." Upon mention of the wedding, her smile grew wider, the sheepish look gone from her face and replaced by one of total joy. "It still makes my heart skip a beat when I think about the wedding, you know. It's crazy, because we're so young, but we know who we want to spend the rest of our lives with. I couldn't be happy with anyone else, that's a fact!"

Jesse ended up going to the car willingly, throwing one of his hands in the air and making a peace sign with his fingers. At that, the lobbyists began to cheer and clap their hands, delighted by this man's dedication to the cause; he would go to jail for it, which was much more than other people could say. Jesse scanned the crowd as he got into the back of the car, and noticed Reagan standing there, an innocent among the madness, and he simply nodded once in her direction. It wasn't unkind; in fact, it was more reassuring than anything. He remembered being that person, but he had shed his old skin and taken on a new role. The fear faded away into passion, insecurity gave way to confidence.

Sounds pretty nice to me :)

And Happy New Year to you, too!!!! =D

Nope, that's cool to me. Folk just has a lot of different meanings, and my friend who uses it the most likes pretty much some of the only music I don't like, and so I can be fearful of the term xD But, on the other hand, Jeff Buckley is considered folky, and I love him <3

"That's okay, I don't mind," Asher replied softly, with a gentle smile, wanting to reassure her that he didn't mind it in the least. "I know what you mean and I understand completely, it is really exciting and I can't wait for it." He took her hand in his and squeezed it gently. "I mean, to me you already feel like my wife. It's not as though when we're joined by the law that I suddenly love you more or feel closer to you, it's just going t be wonderful to have the day, and know its really official that I'm your husband."

Reagan wondered for a moment if the guy who'd just been taken into a Police car had really aimed his gesture at her, or perhaps the person next to her. By the time she'd figured it out, she could still return it with a shy smile, since the crowd was blocking the road and slowing the car's pace. She didn't know the guy at all, but she felt a small sense of appreciation for what he'd done, because he didn't know her either, but he could still tell her things would be okay. She waited until things cleared a little bit before she finished her journey back to her apartment to drop off her grocery bags, and decide what she would do from there.

Yaaay! Thank you!

Lucy said, "Well, that makes me glad. I mean... it's been really strange, not having you around for so long. But I think that made me love you even more. Knowing that you were doing what you had to do, to ensure that we could have a future. This wedding is just a ceremony, but I think it's more about showing our families that we really do love each other, and that this-- us-- is a real thing." She glanced at her ring, then back up to him, a smile on her face. "I mean, let's face it, I don't think either of our families expected us to settle down, much less fall in love and have it work out, you know?"

Jesse sighed as the car pulled away, taking him to the police station. He'd probably just get in trouble for soliciting or whatever, then he'd have to pay a fine, but he'd be let loose in the end. Somehow he always got himself out of trouble. Honestly, he'd never been involved with anything violent or something that would constitute a felony, so this really wasn't a big deal to him. Besides, he was fighting for a just and noble cause: the preservation of human lives. Wasn't that enough? And he wasn't the only one fighting, nor was it just NYC. It was everywhere in the USA, and even in Europe. It was a battle they couldn't win, and they needed to get out of the war ASAP.

You're welcome (;

"Well, you know what they say; 'absence makes the heart grow fonder.' That much I know is true. I suppose that's why things are cliches after all," Asher replied, "Besides, really you were never too far from me, between your letters, phone calls and just the mere memory of you, were always there for me." He nodded in absolute agreement with her comment about them getting married. "Most definitely. I mean, it was a shock for my parents to hear that I was even dating somebody. Getting married was something not even I expected that I would do."

Reagan dropped off her bags at home and for a while just watched the crowd dispersing outside, until it was a little quieter. She hadn't always been this way- as in, afraid of big, noisy groups, or a punch up erupting around her-, but things were different now; a lot had happened int he last year that was difficult for her to recall, simply because of the emotional pain that she experienced whenever she did so. She stepped outside again after the streets quietened down, albeit reluctantly- she needed to get better at this, this was her reason for forcing herself to do so-, and headed for a coffee shop, because she could get a tea there that someone else had made for her and calm her nerves.

Lucy said, "The letters weren't enough for me, honestly. It just wasn't the same without your voice talking to me and everything. I just missed you so much. But having you home with me is completely worth it, I promise. Besides, now you don't have to go and do it again." She gave a sigh of relief, her whole being seeming to relax. "Everything that's happened to us has made our bond even stronger. And I'm grateful for that." She smiled, then pushed aside her food and wiped her mouth with a napkin.

Jesse was sitting in his cell, not really minding the darkness or the weird smell. Honestly, he was getting used to it. He knew a lot of the cops by name, which made things easier to deal with. He figured Eric would swing by soon to bail him out, and then they would go on and act like nothing had happened at all. That was the best solution he could think of. Sure enough, Eric walked in about an hour later, shaking his head. "You've got to stop breaking the law," he said grumpily as the guard let Jesse out of his cell. "Soon you won't have any money left in your bank account, and there is no way I'm bailing you out with my own money. I'm too poor for that!"

"Of course it wasn't the same but, given the circumstances, I was happy just to have anything of the sort. Believe me, out there, holding a piece of paper with a loved one's writing on it is a luxury. You just have nothing at all," Asher said with a small shrug and a sort of brooding smile as he finished off the last of his drink, having already finished his meal before Lucy. He agreed with her that what they'd been through had affected their relationship in a way, but he said, "While it has done that, in hindsight, and given the opportunity, if I'd been able to not go at all that first time, I wouldn't have. You and I would have reached this point in our relationship anyway, I know it- perhaps not quite so quickly, but we would have- and with less scars, no pun intended, to show for it."

Reagan sat at the farthest table from any other occupiers in the cafe, right in the corner, as it were. She took a while to just sit with a magazine before actually ordering anything. She was now more indecisive, less self confident, warier than she ever had been and this had its quite obvious effects on her. Eventually she got around to asking for a latte and sipped it quietly as she continued reading her copy of Rolling Stone, the August issue sporting Janis Joplin on its front cover.

Lucy nodded slightly and said, "It was definitely a different experience for you than it was for me. I mean, you were in a completely different country, and in danger's way pretty much all the time. Plus, I had Eric and Jesse to keep me company. You were with total strangers. I honestly would not want to ever go through this again. Once is enough for a whole lifetime." She reached over and took his hand in hers, giving it a squeeze. "By the way, have I told you that I love you? Because, I do. Very much."

Jesse and Eric happened to walk into the cafe a few minutes after Reagan had, which surprised Jesse. "That's one of the people who was at the gathering today. I mean, she wasn't involved, but she did stop and listen for a bit," he whispered to Eric, keeping himself inconspicuous.

"You should talk to her," Eric muttered, looking up at the menu and not even glancing at his friend. "You seem interested."

"I'm not interested. I'm just surprised to see her!"

"It's funny, though, the absolute worst time was when I was sat in that hospital, not doing anything at all to do with that war. I found out about a day after my operations that they'd made a mistake but that nobody could contact anybody to rectify it. I'm pretty sure my restlessness slowed my recovery in the end but I'd never been more worried or angry before," Asher said. He smiled at her and said, "Of course you've told me. All the time. But I can't possibly complain at you for telling me again. I love you, too, Lucy."

It was a few minutes before Reagan had looked up from her magazine, having been reading a particularly good article. When she did, she didn't seem to notice anything at first, but then did a double take. Wasn't that the guy who'd waved to her earlier, as in, the one getting pushed into a Police car? Most probably. She guessed the guy next to him had helped him out of his situation. It was funny how you could see the same people so often in such a big place. She went back to taking a sip of her coffee.

Lucy said, "Honestly, I can't even imagine what that must have been like for you. Frustrating... well, I think that might be an understatement. Maybe... agonizing? That sounds like a better term for it." She sighed softly, then got to her feet so they could pay the bill. "So, after we take the boat back to your parents' house, what should we do? There's so much about you and your home that I want to know about! I want to learn everything!" She smiled at him, then put her hands in her pockets, rocking on her heels.

Jesse stole another glance at Reagan, then sat down at a table with Eric after they had gotten their coffee. They started discussing the affairs overseas, and Eric told Jesse about all the stuff that had gone on with Lucy and Asher. Jesse nodded slightly then said, "See? I knew this war was a bad idea from the start. Especially with the draft and all that. It's unfair! The people have no say in whether or not they want to go into battle! It's ridiculous!" He gave a sigh and shook his head somberly.

Asher went up to pay for the food. The manager, Matthew, whom Asher clearly knew very well from his frequent trips here, said to him in a thick Southern accent, "Hey, don't worry about that. It's on me. It's just great to see you, considering everything that's happened."

"Humbled as I am by your kindness, I know times are tough for everybody right now financially, and I couldn't possibly accept that with a clear conscience. Thanks for the offer, but I really insist," replied Asher, who was not taking no for an answer, that much was clear, his tone friendly- accompanied by a small smile, something that was becoming more frequent again for him at long last- but firm.

"Well, thanks very much, Asher. For you, it really is no big deal, but it's real nice of you to do that for me," Matthew said, taking the money offered out to him by his friend. "Anyways, have a great day with your lady friend."

They said their goodbyes and Asher turned back to the aforementioned 'lady friend' and put an arm around her shoulders. "That's a very good question," he replied as he lead her outside, "I can't say I really thought that far ahead. I mean, lots of what there is to do here is just seeing the scenery and things. I don't want to wear you out with all of that too soon. Helena's a bit of a drive away, perhaps I'll take you there tomorrow. I don't know, what would you like to do?"

Reagan finished off her coffee and the magazine article she was reading shortly after that. Of course, Rolling Stone wasn't all about music. It dealt with politics, too, and for the most part it really wasn't supportive of the war in Vietnam. The article that she'd been reading had provoked a lot of thought in her. Of course she condoned the fact that all of these young men were being sent to fight someone else's -losing- battle, but somehow inside she knew that, for incredibly personal and selfish reasons, the process had left her with a feeling of more security than for a long time, if only for a minimum of a year. At least because they took him away, he couldn't lay a hand on her for a year, couldn't do anything to hurt her. She pushed that away, worried she might start thinking too much about the past if she continued, and got up from her table to go.. somewhere. Most likely home, she didn't really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back