I have a big problem

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should wear what your parents tell you to.

Even though times have changed, your parents probuly believe that

god would want your family to wear that.

Being different isn't bad, it's great!

I only wear skirts and dresses aswell, but by choice.

I think you should be a religon you like.

Well theres more than one reason I want to wear pants, not because of just trends, but because I feel more mature and confident in pants. I know its sounds odd, but thats my point of view. Also, I tried the looser pants thing but she still won't let me. It's so stupid!!!

Well theres more than one reason I want to wear pants, not because of just trends, but because I feel more mature and confident in pants. I know its sounds odd, but thats my point of view. Also, I tried the looser pants thing but she still won't let me. It's so stupid!!!
Don't worry. I understand! When I was younger, I always wore skirts, and now I threw all of mine out.

I don't wear skirts or dresses anymore because I think I look fat in them. And I usually sit nearby guys in Jazz/ Sym. Band. x3

Well, tell her that you'd be more confident in pants. :3

Tell her in a mature way about it. If she says no, try to compromise.

Ask her if you can wear Gauchos. They look like a skirt, but they're not. Plus they're comfy..

If she still says no, I can't think of anything else you could say.

Don't try to argue with her. That won't help at all.

I think you should wear what your parents tell you to.Even though times have changed, your parents probuly believe that

god would want your family to wear that.

Being different isn't bad, it's great!

I only wear skirts and dresses aswell, but by choice.
I understand sorta if its a religon but dare I say it, How on earth could 'god' ever tell anyone what he prefers on them 'I are god, You can't wear pants because I says so'

And maybe you could ask to wear pants and start off wearing skirts over top of them then ditch the skirts. Skirts and jeans can be a trend.

Tell her in a mature way about it. If she says no, try to compromise.Ask her if you can wear Gauchos. They look like a skirt, but they're not. Plus they're comfy..

If she still says no, I can't think of anything else you could say.

Don't try to argue with her. That won't help at all.
That's the problem. I would wear them but she doesn't let me wear ANY type of pants.

I understand sorta if its a religon but dare I say it, How on earth could 'god' ever tell anyone what he prefers on them 'I are god, You can't wear pants because I says so'
It's for modesty reasons.

I know God tells us we should be modest and while most of us don't [even other Jews and Christians] her mom finds pants immodest. God didn't say "You can't wear pants" but he said to cover our bodies. That being said, her mom finds that the pants "squeeze the butt" making them immodest.

God didn't say "don't wear boob tubes" but I wouldn't wear one because I find those immodest and I don't wear immodest clothing because He told us not to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be religion, and I dont find it strange at all. Some people aren't allowed to wear anything apart from black and other stuff that people might find ridiculous. But still, going back on-topic, I think you should ask to wear some slightly baggier pants. I dont have much of a solution, sorry. Also, don't skirts squeeze butts aswell?? Strange...
I truly agree. Skirts and pants don't really have a difference through the religious way, right? I'm not Jewish though, I don't really know about it.

I forget who said it, but I agree with thee who said.. that thing.. I agree with.

Crap. I forgot that too!

I think you should tell her that there are types of pants that are a bit baggier, and they don't ALL fit tightly. I also stand by my first post. Go through with that as well.

You should also tell her that some have lots of pockets so you can keep track of your things.

You could always try to talk her into letting you wear pants with a short skirt on top, and if she doesn't have a problem with that after a month, you might be able to talk her into getting you some pants and just let you wear them alone. Like, with a shirt of course.

EDIT: Okay so this post was basically combining two different people's posts o_O.

P.S. Yeah. Tell her you're more confident when you wear pants instead of skirts. And you should also try telling her:

- They're more comfortable

- They aren't always tight

- It's a lot easier to move in them

Last edited by a moderator:
Well everyone has basically said what I was going to say.

If she's worried about pants showing your butt, compromise. Say that you'll wear shirts that cover up that area more, so you'll both be happy.

If she's still not for it, explain that wearing pants doesn't alter you beliefs in the Jewish religion in anyway. They just make you feel more confident.

But in the end it's her call. :/

Good luck. :]

Well everyone has basically said what I was going to say.
If she's worried about pants showing your butt, compromise. Say that you'll wear shirts that cover up that area more, so you'll both be happy.

If she's still not for it, explain that wearing pants doesn't alter you beliefs in the Jewish religion in anyway. They just make you feel more confident.

But in the end it's her call. :/

Good luck. :]
THATS SUCH A GREAT IDEA!!!!! :^D

I'll try that, it seems quite convincing. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back