I just bought a Nano Dino!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is a bummer.

It was the only one on ebay with the pretty background too, the rest are plain. which isnt the hugest deal, but thats part of why i picked it. and the good feedback they had.

but like i said, ive already been looking around for other ones. didnt tell the seller that but i have.

maybe it will suprise me and show up on monday or tuesday or something.... i dont know if ill be able to buy the story if the seller tells me it got delivered back to their house again. at that point ill demand a refund and tell them if it does arrive i will re-pay them for it.

Ive never had a problem before though, and supposedly neither have they, this is so unusual... and for such a close distance.

still nothing.... pretty much convinced i wont be getting it

Rage mode activated then? That really stinks...

Its not being mailed to a P.O. Box or something like that is it? Or the seller does have the right address? (some sellers only ship to confirmed paypal addresses, not the ebay address, pain in the toosh if it goes to an old address...)

I wish that could have been the case... but my address has been the same on there for a really long time.

about to message them saying ill give it til friday but if i still dont get it ill need a refund. i dont think ill buy their story if they try to say that it got misdelivered to their house again...

Just sent them a message now... asking for refund if i dont get it by friday. I think ive been more than patient, right? overall its had 5 weeks to get here (come Friday).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Being close... It'd be nice if they would hand deliver it to you.

Giving them until Friday is very kind of you. Keep your ground if they said they mailed it or whatever. It could take a few days or much longer getting money back depending on how they do it. If they don't refund, make a separate report about the user not shipping/ following ebay rule. Those Terms of Service are in stone and if they change them, they send out an email.

Also, not everybody does yet... But I do believe its a requirement to have a tracking number or confirmation number on pricey items. (or a very strong recommendation anyway) I could be crazy but I could have sworn I read it somewhere.

It made perfect sense though at the time to opt not to get a tracking number. Actually the option wasnt technically given to me, but since i had never had problems, i never thought twice about it... figured i would have it at least 3 weeks ago. especially being local I didnt see any issues coming up.

Might think twice about asking for it next time though, thats for sure.

Maybe if they do give me a story like that again ill ask them to get me a tracking number when they 'remail' it should that story come up again... it would be bad business i would think to charge me extra for it at this point right?

Still nothing from the seller, no reply yet, hmmm.....

That is a serious bummer. It sucks that it didn't show up or the seller even offer to add a tracking number after it was returned home to them. Its really shameful if they really tried to scam you or just plain not ship the item you payed for weeks ago.

im an honest person. if it happens to randomly show up 3 weeks from now, ill let them know. But, really dont see or feel that that is going to happen.

unless i get it tomorrow... still one more day...

then i guess if i dont hear back from the seller even still, i have till thursday to either cancel it or make it a full paypal claim. maybe they want paypal to pay me back instead of them themselves?? Hard to say.

Full 2 weeks since the "re-ship" and still nothing... i think its official that i wont be getting it.

Now im kind of frusterated. The seller has been on to change their ebay username... but did not respond to my message, even just to say "thanks i got it" or anything.

Will probably further it to a claim tomorrow if i dont hear from them. just messaged them to say that ill be making it a claim by wednesday night at the latest (i have until thursday night but i want to be safe).

now i dont know if a claim means they are forced to pay me back ,or if paypal directly pays me back (aka the seller walks away with extra money).

ugh... i just wanted my dino that ive been wishing for for so long!!

Since they live not too far away, can't you just discuss it in court?

I believe paypal pays you first. Then paypal tells user to the pay them back. Not sure as I haven't ever needed to.

Court might be overkill. Even small claims court.

Is it an option for you to meet them half way somewhere? There is always that chance they don't show up...

What ill probably do is when I get my money back (not counting on getting it) ill put that aside and offer some of it on another dino, with tracking! lol. If i come out in the end with an extra $10 or so to my name, then great!

I just dont know what ill do if like i said, like even a month down the road it ends up somehow, finally making its way. you know? do i be honest and tell the seller it came, even though ive used the money on other things already? not sure how i would handle it at that point.

I would be the first negative, or neutral feedback on their profile!

i got a package today, and at a glance it said "nano" on it, so i thought "could it be????". Nope, it was something else i had ordered that also contained a broken/for parts nano.

probably wouldnt take the chance on meeting them half way, cuz like you said, they likely wouldnt show up. havent escalated it to a case yet. figured give it a weekday in case the seller is one of those weekday only ebayers to see my message and give the chance for them to just opt to refund me on their own. probably will tomorrow night tho. still havent heard. Rage mode commencing.

went ahead and made it a claim today, about 2 hours ago. still nothing from the seller though. hmm...

Lots of sellers I have dealt with are night sellers. Only check on new sales at night or prepare shipments and send them off. Its strange because the USPS has a nice pick up system at the mailbox/ ring the doorbell and they will scan and get it on its way.

I can understand that part, as i am a night buyer as well lol.

what happens if the seller doesnt respond to paypal?? the status says this on it "The seller has been asked to respond by Dec 6, 2013. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case."

But the seller has yet to respond to me, so what if they dont respond to them?? last i heard from them was Nov 8th

I have officially made an offer on another nano dino... so cue the original to show up at my door tomorrow! lol

I have now accepted the offer! Hope i dont end up with 2! lol. The bummer is that this one doesnt have the nice background, its just plain. thats why i picked the seller i did originally, because it was nicer looking with the outdoorsey background.

still havent heard anything from the seller. they have until Dec 6 to act on the paypal claim.... what happens if they just dont respond at all?

Since i got my vacation pay as well as regular, i was able to pay for the 2nd nano dino before waiting for the refund for this one.

at this point id rather just get the refund instead of end up with 2, and out $50 for no reason.

sure enough it will be in the mailbox tomorrow, and ill have to do the right thing and cancel the claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back