If you're a kid aged 8-12...do you get annoyed when adults say you're a little kid?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 26 and honestly I don't think people have stopped calling me cute, granted I apparently look like I am 15... And that number comes from all of my friends. As a kid I remember being called cute and I took it in stride. Being called cute honestly shouldn't be a bad thing, cute is supposed to be a compliment. I do agree that some adults don't take you seriously, and that can be very frustrating. When I was 5 and up till about 13 I wanted to be a veterinarian, that changed when I was 14 and then changed again when I moved out at 19. So you may want to be a writer now and I think you should keep doing what interests you, in a few years you may still love writing but want to only do it as a hobby. You never know, you are still a kid and you will continue to change but don't let the little things bug you so much. Just shrug off those adults who don't believe in you, the only ones who should really matter are the ones your closet to, like parents, older siblings, grandparents ect. I won't say anyone is superior then anyone else, superior is the wrong word, immature might be also but I think older people have more experience then kids, but some kids have alot of life experience too especially if they have been through alot of tough things.

I wanted to be a veterinarian too. Then I realized that you cut dead animals on practices. Then I decided to be a taxidermist instead. Oh the irony.

Yeah... I wish I was ever called cute though. I wasn't ever treated all that fluffy alike. So I envy you that.

I dunno about you, but I loved to be called a cute kid. I still do! Actually, I'm often treated this way by eight - twelve year olds who like to pat my head and hug me. Ahhh, it's so cute ~ x3

I also don't mind being called honey / sweetie / peanut / sweetheart ( my favorite term of endearment hehe ^u^ ).

I can't explain it, I just love to be the center of attention like that, especially when I younger and I did things so that I could get this response from adults.

At home, my brother and I are still being babied, even though he's twenty five and I'm seventeen. Our parents just love to take care of us! :p

I'd give anything to be a kid again, because I'll have to go to university pretty soon and maybe start to live on my own? ;A; And it's just really freaking me out because I don't want to grow up that fast.

I'm 13 and people still call me a kid. One of my mums friends has nicknamed me 'Booboo Baby'. Yeah Booboo Baby, whenever she makes me stuff or in cards she always writes it on it and it's so annoying. She calls me it in public around my friends and people that used to bully me, I've had that name since I was 9. My mum's husband even said I couldn't have friends sleep over because we're 'kids'.

Also last year in year 8 one of my friends said that my eyes are really sparkly, cute and baby like so now my friends call me baby eyes and other stupid names when I'm around my crush :mellow: . I hate my stupid nicknames that my friends give me because they know I find them embarrassing and annoying.

What...my silly topic is really this active?! Anyway, I take back what I said in previous posts here, it was probably either completely immature or offensive. :p

I would not say it was immature or offensive. Even as an adult i find it frustrateing when people her what I believe in or what I want to do with my life and they roll their eyes. Sometimes needing someone to hear you out is all you need to see your really not the only one feeling that way. And no matter what never stop dreaming.

What everyone should remember is that age does not always equate experience. The reason that adults treat kids and teens like babies is a. Because they think they are or b. Because they're afraid that the kids are actually smarter than them. I'm over 8-12 but still get called a little kid because I'm really short. People think I'm in elementary school, which is actually kind of funny. I get major leverage, child fares, and candy. I don't mind people calling me a kid, because I am a kid, and hope I am forever, but I don't like when my opinions are discounted because I'm under 18. :)

I'm 17 & i'm still treated like i'm in middle schoool. It won't stop. trust me. ._. It does bug, especially when I drive places, i'm only 5'0 so people think it's a 13 or 14 year old driving. But it still annoys me. even at 17. ._.

I'll be getting my drivers license within the next year, and I'm worried that will happen
imageproxy.php
And I'm under 5 feet.

I'm 17 & i'm still treated like i'm in middle schoool. It won't stop. trust me. ._. It does bug, especially when I drive places, i'm only 5'0 so people think it's a 13 or 14 year old driving. But it still annoys me. even at 17. ._.

Well, I prefer secondary school to primary, mainly because I don't get called cute or anything. I actually get useful levels or grades on my work, get relevant homework, and don't get told off for everything. In primary school my teacher got really annoyed because I always asked questions. In secondary school, my Religious Studies, Science and Geography teachers say I'm good at those subjects because I question stuff. That must mean something, like that they take my questions seriously instead of always thinking I'm being cheeky or whatever.

But that doesn't mean to say there aren't bad things. Once we had a cover-lesson (we get some work to do when the teacher is absent) in the library, and the Year 10s were doing independent study in there. When the bell rang for lunch, they could go straight away, but we had to stand in front of the chairs for about 30 seconds before we were allowed to go. And also, I have been told off twice for wearing really discreet nail stuff. It was this pinkish colour near the same as the natural colour of my nails. The very same day, I saw three teachers with the same thing...except in bright red! And the Year 12 and 13s are allowed to not wear uniform, push in front of the lunch queue...it would take forever to list all the age discrimination at my school. :(

Well, I prefer secondary school to primary, mainly because I don't get called cute or anything. I actually get useful levels or grades on my work, get relevant homework, and don't get told off for everything. In primary school my teacher got really annoyed because I always asked questions. In secondary school, my Religious Studies, Science and Geography teachers say I'm good at those subjects because I question stuff. That must mean something, like that they take my questions seriously instead of always thinking I'm being cheeky or whatever.

But that doesn't mean to say there aren't bad things. Once we had a cover-lesson (we get some work to do when the teacher is absent) in the library, and the Year 10s were doing independent study in there. When the bell rang for lunch, they could go straight away, but we had to stand in front of the chairs for about 30 seconds before we were allowed to go. And also, I have been told off twice for wearing really discreet nail stuff. It was this pinkish colour near the same as the natural colour of my nails. The very same day, I saw three teachers with the same thing...except in bright red! And the Year 12 and 13s are allowed to not wear uniform, push in front of the lunch queue...it would take forever to list all the age discrimination at my school. :(
Oh, btw what do you do in Religious Studies? I went to a Catholic middle school and had to learn every single rule and regulation of the Catholic Church (almost not kidding) in that class, but my cousin, who went to a Catholic school in Europe at the same time, just had to learn about the different religions of the world.

I remember the no nail polish rule in sixth grade...our teacher was an ex-military, middle-aged guy who made us do pushups for punishment and didn't allow makeup, colorful socks, or bracelets. Our uniform was super-strict back then and you could get a demerit (a step toward a detention) if you didn't do things like tuck in your shirt.

But then when I got older in that school, we were allowed to wear different colored shirts, jewelry, etc. Kind of unfair, but I guess I can kind of see where they were coming from now. Some adults forget that students are not that much different age-wise, as do most teens/kids. Example: high school people talk to middle school people like they are complete imbeciles. And really, by that age, they do seem little, but think: is a 24 year old really that much different from a 28 year old? (because that's basically the age relationship)

Oh, btw what do you do in Religious Studies? I went to a Catholic middle school and had to learn every single rule and regulation of the Catholic Church (almost not kidding) in that class, but my cousin, who went to a Catholic school in Europe at the same time, just had to learn about the different religions of the world.

I remember the no nail polish rule in sixth grade...our teacher was an ex-military, middle-aged guy who made us do pushups for punishment and didn't allow makeup, colorful socks, or bracelets. Our uniform was super-strict back then and you could get a demerit (a step toward a detention) if you didn't do things like tuck in your shirt.

But then when I got older in that school, we were allowed to wear different colored shirts, jewelry, etc. Kind of unfair, but I guess I can kind of see where they were coming from now. Some adults forget that students are not that much different age-wise, as do most teens/kids. Example: high school people talk to middle school people like they are complete imbeciles. And really, by that age, they do seem little, but think: is a 24 year old really that much different from a 28 year old? (because that's basically the age relationship)
I don't go to a very religious school, so we just learn about the 6 major world religions. We sing hymns and stuff though, which we're not all happy about because of our wide range of religions.

At our school, we have to wear skirts all year round (tights are allowed), and shirts and blazers. Just as the skirts get really cold in winter, I will probably be complaining about the blazers when it's summer. We're just allowed a simple watch, small earrings, and a plain necklace with our school uniform. But the Year 12 and 13s apparently have a dress code as well...although it just seems to be something like "wear proper clothes, not your swimming costume or something" judging by all the weird clothes that they wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back