Interesting Facts!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KareliaTheTama

Reaction score
The other day on TamaCHAT, we were randomly discussing some interesting and funny facts we all pulled off the internet. It was a ton of fun, so i decided to post some of the facts here so everyone can see!

Facts like:

*Nondairy creamer is flammable

*Polar bears are left handed

*A catfish has over 27000 tastebuds

*No piece of paper can be folded more than seven times (proven wrong, someone folded it 8 times!)

*The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma

*Donkeys kill more people than plane crashes :eek:

*Apples can wake you up in the morning better than coffee! (one apple please!)

*The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets(lol!) :D

*Pearls melt in vinegar

*You can't lick your elbow

*'Go', is the shortest complete sentence in the English language

*Almost everyone who reads this will try to lick their elbow!(hahahahahahahah!!! :lol: :D )

Does anyone know anymore interesting facts? :furawatchi:

*Nondairy creamer is flammable
Does it matter what flavor? <.< You just gave me a pretty fun idea.

Random Facts:

* Penguins can jump six feet in the air!

* The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

* The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m).

* Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards.

* The bagpipe was originally made from the whole skin of a dead sheep. (Mine has a sheep skin bag xP)

* Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

* A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.

* The average person falls asleep in seven minutes. (Takes me about an hour)

* In Chinese, the KFC slogan "finger lickin' good" comes out as "eat your fingers off".

* A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a Carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After Weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe Leaving her mentally retarded

* The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every Letter in the English language.

* Wearing headphones for an hour increases the bacteria in your ear 700 times.

* On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.

* The electric chair was invented by a dentist. (I knew they were sadists!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know some!!

*Rats can't vomit.

*The Possum was introduced to Neww Zealand because of the skin trade

*If you cut off a cockroach's head, it can livenfor several weeks, only dying due to starvation

*The Monarch butterfly's feethave approximately 2000 times more sensitive than the human toungue

*Rice is a Fruit

*Nutmeg is Poisonous

*If you drop a tarantula it will shatter

*Talcum powder is mined from the earth

*Strawberries have more vitamin C than oranges

*Video games are illegal in Greece

*It is illegal to not flush the toilet in Singapore

*the German Slang word sitzpinkler means 'wimp' and 'man who sits to pee'

*The Pepsi slogan, Come alive with the Pepsi generation! Translated to Chinese as Pepsi brings back your dead ancestors!

... Fascinating ! :eek:

- Slugs have four noses.

- Most suicides occur on Mondays.

- The beetle Volkswagen was Hitler's idea.

- The feminine version of "Dude" is "Dudine," not "Dudette."

- People with the first initial "D" have the shortest life expectancy.

- In the original version of the fairy tale, Sleeping Beauty was raped. ( D: )

- When you rearrange the letters in "Mother-in-law" you get Woman Hitler.

- You would need to live for around 1,000 years to watch all the videos currently on YouTube.

- Fast food ice can be dirtier than toilet water, depending on how often the ice machine is cleaned.

- Tan-Roberts, a 2-year-old girl scored a 156 on the IQ test, just four points lower than Albert Einstein’s. ( Holy crap ! :eek: )

- The Seven dwarfs in Snow White are based after the seven symptoms of cocaine ( sleepy, grumpy, dopey, happy, sneezy, etc. ).

OK Cool so i have some more facts to show you guys like:

*A company in Taiwan makes dinnerware out of wheat, so you can eat your plate (yum) :lol:

*A fully loaded supertanker travelling at normal speed takes a least twenty minutes to stop

*A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds

*A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 6 years

*According to a British law passed in 1845, attempting to commit suicide was a capital offense. Offenders could be hanged for trying. (oh the irony!!) :eek:

*Blueberry Jelly Bellies were created especially for Ronald Reagan. (that makes me hungry for jellybeans)

*Bubble gum contains rubber

*Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt. (oh woow)

*Hypnotism is banned by public schools in San Diego.

*In the great fire of London in 1666 half of London was burnt down but only 6 people were injured.

*Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category. (NERD FACT ALERT!! :D )

*Ivory bar soap floating was a mistake. They had been overmixing the soap formula causing excess air bubbles that made it float. Customers wrote and told how much they loved that it floated, and it has floated ever since.

*Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its original size: "L.A." (knew that!)

*The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. The only other word with the same amount of letters is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses, its plural.

Enjoy the facts!! :furawatchi:

"Turn It Loose!" in spanish means "Suffer from Diarhhea!" :D

Clairol introduced the "Mist Stick," a curling iron, into German only to find out that "mist" is slang for manure. Not too many people had use for the "manure stick".

In Italy, a campaign for Schweppes Tonic Water translated the name into "Schweppes Toilet Water."

When Gerber started selling baby food in Africa, they used the same packaging as in the US, with the beautiful baby on the label. Later they learned that in Africa, companies routinely put pictures on the label of what's inside, since most people can't read English.

An American T-shirt maker in Miami printed shirts for the Spanish market which promoted the Pope's visit. Instead of "I saw the Pope" (el Papa), the shirts read "I saw the potato" (la papa).

Lol major fail!!!! hahahahaha :D :furawatchi:

its not IMPOSSIBLE to lick ur elbow, but if i ever did i would probably break some bones in the process XD

*Research shows that most answers on tests and exams are on option 'B'

*Women that live in Russia live a few years longer than men

*'A nut for a jar of tuna' is the same written backwards

*So is 'Too hot to hoot.'

*And 'I prefer pi'

*AND 'Rats live on no evil star'

*And also 'A dog! A panic in Pagoda!'

Last edited by a moderator:
These are taken from old NG Kids magazines.

*A 3000 year-old mummy can still have fingerprints.

*Your eyes move about 80 times a second.

*All the people on Earth can crowd into the state of Connecticut.

*Horses run on their toes.

*Slugs have 3000 teeth and 4 noses.

*A camel's eyes have 3 eyelids.

*"Happy Birthday" is the first song transmitted from space to Earth.

*Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.

- Seth McFarlane, the creator of Family Guy, was supposed to be on one of the planes on 9 / 11 but missed his flight.

- Dolphins don't breathe automatically... They breathe when they tell themselves to breathe.

- The pre-recorded laugh tracks you hear on TV shows were recorded in the 1950's.

- In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child.

- In New York it was once against the law to flirt. The penalty was a $25 fine.

- Vending machines kill four times more people each year than sharks do.

- The cucumber is technically a fruit. So are squash and peppers.

- 10 000 years ago, beavers used to be the size of black bears.

- A kiss is strong enough to rupture your ear drum ( D: ).

Wow ! >:0

• If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

( Easy for me ;3 )

• The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

• Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.

• Polar bears are left handed.

:)

* Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.

*The pupil of the eye expands up to 45% when a person looks at something pleasing. :eek:

*Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day. :D

*Dalmatians are born without spots.(aww! it makes me think of baby dalmations!! ^_^ )

*The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee. (um ew)

*Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die. :eek:

*When you blush, the lining of your stomach always turns red.

*When hippos get mad, their sweat turns red.

*The lion that roars in the MGM logo is named Volney.

*It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it.

*In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and make it look like it is smiling). :)

*Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.” :eek:

*Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair. (not to brag, but i have enough copper in MY hair to make pennies!!! :D )

*A whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound. :eek:

*People might eat oats when they are hungry, but people from Hungary don't eat oats! :D

*Betsy Ross was born with a fully formed set of teeth.

*Cranberries are sorted for ripeness by bouncing them; a fully ripened cranberry can be dribbled like a basketball. (whoa cool!)

Also, can you guys post some funny translations too? I like those. :)

Enjoy the facts!!

*Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die. :eek:

Also, can you guys post some funny translations too? I like those. :)

Enjoy the facts!!
No wonder I was so so stupid that day I had a cold...

As for the translations, I think you need another topic for that. But yeah, they're hilarious.

Sreeched is the longest 1 syllable word in the english launguge! Is that how you spell it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back