is it safe?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=13pt]Hmm...It's kind of funny how everyone always hears about the stories of People who always get hurt or raped by online dating. But you never seem to hear about the good stories that happened from it. >.o[/SIZE]Just because their are predators out there...Doesn't mean that everyone is out to get you. :eek:

Well...I say give it a try. Otherwise what would be the point of this relationship right? ^^

If your a little bit to nervous to give him a call. Just start with ex-changing emails!...

Or maybe you should start by giving him a simple call. ;]

Besides...After 3 years of knowing this guy, I think if he was a predator he'd try and get more "Inside" Information about you by now right? ^^!
^ My mom and step-dad met on the Internet. I really wish people would show there's a good and a bad side to things. I mean, my mom and step got married and had 3 kids @_@ What's so bad about that?

I wouldn't even bother.

Wait until you get older.

If that's not enough.. then I can't help you.

v highlight

I have online dated. Once.

and he is extremely sweet, and I know what he looks like, and I know how he sounds.

He knows how I look, but he doesn't know how I sound x_o

I'm 12.. but I'd never call him. He lives to far away.

Do what you want, I guess, but if you decide to take the active route, with the calling and such, take the necessary precautions.

Other than that, I have nothing to say.

Hmm I would never do that
He could get your phone number and google it. It comes up with your name and address. I would not. Thats my opinion
It doesn't come up with home addresses and names. o.o

I searched mine, and a friend's.. nothing.

-annoyed look-

if you are under 13 i wouldnt go. but if you really really want to go, go with your mum or dad. i know it might sound like your a little kid but they could help you if anything did go bad. at school we watched a vidoe about internet blogs and things like that. a 11 year old boy met a 11 year old boy on a football game on the net. the boy that he met said do you want to come over he said yes he went over and the boys "dad" said he went out and he said come in and wait.... and you can guess the rest. so if you realllllly want to go, bring someone maybe your not mum or dad but a close friend or brother/sister. whatever you decide to do be safe and careful, you cant trust anyone you do really know!!

hope i help ~M~N

So... you've been "dating" for a year but you've never talked on the phone or even gotten each others emails? Does anyone else find that to be really weird? Well I don't think a phone call would hurt and honestly you should meet him but in a very public place and you shouldn't go alone (bring a few friends with you) because you can't know for sure until you actually meet him. Plus I mean a year and you haven't even met? That's very strange. But I'm assuming you're also pretty young and frankly you really don't need to date online when there's people close to you. I mean wouldn't you like to hug your boyfriend? Long distance relatioships are seriously hard (believe me I'm in one). And it's not like you're in love with him and he's not close enough for you to hang out with so.... what's the point here? Don't get me wrong I'm definintey a believer in long distance relatioships but I just think this entire thing is very weird and somewhat pointless.

So... you've been "dating" for a year but you've never talked on the phone or even gotten each others emails? Does anyone else find that to be really weird? Well I don't think a phone call would hurt and honestly you should meet him but in a very public place and you shouldn't go alone (bring a few friends with you) because you can't know for sure until you actually meet him. Plus I mean a year and you haven't even met? That's very strange. But I'm assuming you're also pretty young and frankly you really don't need to date online when there's people close to you. I mean wouldn't you like to hug your boyfriend? Long distance relatioships are seriously hard (believe me I'm in one). And it's not like you're in love with him and he's not close enough for you to hang out with so.... what's the point here? Don't get me wrong I'm definintey a believer in long distance relatioships but I just think this entire thing is very weird and somewhat pointless.
o.o"... I agree with you in some cases, but well...Disagree with you in others. Just because she hasn't met him in real life "Within a year" Doesn't make the relationship pointless. >.>"

And it's a little bit offensive to say wether someone is in love or not. For all we know, she could be. Or maybe she isn't. Only she knows. Doesn't matter how old you are, you can still be in love. Even though love at a younger age is very unlikely. But you can't really speak for her like that. Dx But yet...It is your own opinion. :3♥

;o But still...How can you be a believer in long distance relationships if you think that what there doing is pointless?

o_O" When your in a long distance relationship...You don't exactly get to see each other or, "hang out" really. Thats kind of why it's called that. ;o

I don't exactly see why you think it's weird...But whatever.

You seem young to be online dating...lol were the same age 12 right? Well you need to tell your parents everything he says and everything you said to him but always be very cautions cause you dont really know the person whos typing those messages..I wouldnt if i were you but its your choice but let your parents know everything he says just so you stay safe =]

You are way too young. Tell your parent's about this situation. You can never know who it really is talking to you. It's very important to stay safe.

All I want to know is, do you parents know about this?

They should definitely know before you go call him or do anything else.

o.o"... I agree with you in some cases, but well...Disagree with you in others. Just because she hasn't met him in real life "Within a year" Doesn't make the relationship pointless. >.>"And it's a little bit offensive to say wether someone is in love or not. For all we know, she could be. Or maybe she isn't. Only she knows. Doesn't matter how old you are, you can still be in love. Even though love at a younger age is very unlikely. But you can't really speak for her like that. Dx But yet...It is your own opinion. :3♥

;o But still...How can you be a believer in long distance relationships if you think that what there doing is pointless?

o_O" When your in a long distance relationship...You don't exactly get to see each other or, "hang out" really. Thats kind of why it's called that. ;o

No, a lot of people are too young. I don't think you should call him, I think if you do end up calling him, *69 him. Plus just cause you've known him for 3 years doesnt mean he's not a predator. Predators work that way they get to know you and then eventually you call him and then he'll want to meet then you'll end up on the news. Well, in most cases. Just tell him that right now you just want to keep your relationship for cyberspace, then maybe when you're older, and if he's still with you talk to him then :angry:

Do your parents know that you have a so called "boyfriend" that you met on the internet? I personally think that you're being quite stupid. You don't know who this guy is, do you know how old he is? Have you seen what he looks like? You can't have a boyfriend on the internet. I don't care what internet dating sites say, you just can't. You have to know them in person in order to make a realization that they could actually be your boyfriend/girlfriend. I would diss this guy if I were you.
But, if you're really into it, ask your parents what they think.
I totally agree! You took the words straight off my keyboard! :(

Look, you're 12, right? And you've been dating for 3 years? What I want to know is why any 9 year old would go looking for an Internet boyfriend!!! In my opinion, that is wrong. So 3 years later, you're still "going out" with this guy you've never met, seen, or spoken to in person. Do your parents even know about this?

This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous, in my opinion. And wrong too. You're 12, for goodness sake!!! Yeah, he could just be a normal guy, but there's a 50% chance he's not! You've NEVER EVEN MET HIM! At the age of 12, kids should be having crushes at school, and if they really do want a boyfriend, then it should be one that they know. You're still a child, and this is not right for you to be dating a stranger.

And I know tons of people are saying, "Look, he could just be normal. There are good sides to people too! My mum and step-dad met on the Internet, so there's nothing wrong with it!" But think about this - were your mum and step-dad NINE when they started "Internet-dating"??

I do have a very strong opinion about this. Please don't flame me, everyone. She can do what she wants, but if I was her, I'd stop and think why I was "dating" a random guy on the Internet that I'd never met.

*bratztroxg walks off muttering, "online boyfriend at nine, for goodness sake, what is the world coming to???"*

I totally agree! You took the words straight off my keyboard! :furawatchi:
Look, you're 12, right? And you've been dating for 3 years? What I want to know is why any 9 year old would go looking for an Internet boyfriend!!! In my opinion, that is wrong. So 3 years later, you're still "going out" with this guy you've never met, seen, or spoken to in person. Do your parents even know about this?

This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous, in my opinion. And wrong too. You're 12, for goodness sake!!! Yeah, he could just be a normal guy, but there's a 50% chance he's not! You've NEVER EVEN MET HIM! At the age of 12, kids should be having crushes at school, and if they really do want a boyfriend, then it should be one that they know. You're still a child, and this is not right for you to be dating a stranger.

And I know tons of people are saying, "Look, he could just be normal. There are good sides to people too! My mum and step-dad met on the Internet, so there's nothing wrong with it!" But think about this - were your mum and step-dad NINE when they started "Internet-dating"??

I do have a very strong opinion about this. Please don't flame me, everyone. She can do what she wants, but if I was her, I'd stop and think why I was "dating" a random guy on the Internet that I'd never met.

*bratztroxg walks off muttering, "online boyfriend at nine, for goodness sake, what is the world coming to???"*
I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I totally agree. No 9-year-old should be online dating. It is totally rediculous for even a twelve-year-old to be online dating. Your parents should really know about this, for I HIGHLY doubt they would approve of this "boyfriend."

If you have no clue who the heck this guy is, why bother finding out if that could be potentially dangerous. You should stick to dating people that you know what they look like, not someone who you met online through some dating site you snuck into.

Yeah, he could just be a normal guy, but there's a 50% chance he's not!
^ Exactly. Again, I totally agree. You don't know whether this guy is totally insane just waiting for someone to "Internet date" them. Even if you did end up calling him, you should make sure it is safe and take many precautions - and for goodness sake dial *69! :p

If you already knew what we were going to say, wouldn't you have enough common sense in this situation in the first place? D=?

I totally agree! You took the words straight off my keyboard! :rolleyes:

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you want to date on the internet, please be old enough ;) I mean honestly you don't know this guy and dating at 9 I think is just stupid. Date when you're 16 at least, don't internet date until you're about 18, and I'm not gonna ask if your parents know because they obviously don't or they would be saying the same thing and you wouldn't have posted this. Having a crush on someone you know is much safer. And how do you know he isn't a predator? He might be a regular guy, BUT he may not be. That's why I don't internet date, cause it's too risky. Having him as a friend to talk to is fine but dating is different.

o.o"... I agree with you in some cases, but well...Disagree with you in others. Just because she hasn't met him in real life "Within a year" Doesn't make the relationship pointless. >.>"And it's a little bit offensive to say wether someone is in love or not. For all we know, she could be. Or maybe she isn't. Only she knows. Doesn't matter how old you are, you can still be in love. Even though love at a younger age is very unlikely. But you can't really speak for her like that. Dx But yet...It is your own opinion. :3♥

also animegirl, No one said she's too young to "Be In Love" we're saying she's too young to internet date with a guy she knows nothing about, plus predators work that way. reguardless if she's known him for 2 years or 5 months, soon the calling might end up in the famous last words " Let's Meet In Real Life" then things will get really out of hand.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I totally agree. No 9-year-old should be online dating. It is totally rediculous for even a twelve-year-old to be online dating. Your parents should really know about this, for I HIGHLY doubt they would approve of this "boyfriend."
If you have no clue who the heck this guy is, why bother finding out if that could be potentially dangerous. You should stick to dating people that you know what they look like, not someone who you met online through some dating site you snuck into.

^ Exactly. Again, I totally agree. You don't know whether this guy is totally insane just waiting for someone to "Internet date" them. Even if you did end up calling him, you should make sure it is safe and take many precautions - and for goodness sake dial *69! -_-
Well said ;] No 12 year old should be even dating, nevermind online dating. This "boyfriend" of yours could be playing you and like others have said he could also be a 60 year old pervert trying to lere children. I would never really really "trust anyone on any website (im not saying any of you are online perverts!) But still i wouldnt give out any of my personal info out..

I'm assuming this topic is already done and taken care of by the starter, but I'd like to add something.

I agree with what most people have said that might seem negative, so I wont continue the repetition.

Although, I'd like to correct something.

*69 is what you dial when you want to know the last number that called your phone.

You want *67, which blocks the number you're calling from.

Also, with the youtube video.

It's still risky, because honestly this guy can go pick a random video and say it's him.

For that, I'd do a webcam. It's still risky, but not as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back