Is Reseting wrong?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not wrong. If they chose to do it then they chose to do it. I don't reset my Tamagotchi because it's ugly. I love my Tamagotchi no matter what. But it's not wrong if someone else does it.
That's what I was going to say. Resetting a Tamagotchi just because you don't like the character you wanted or you got a character that you don't like is not the right thing to do.

In the future, if you start raiasing a child when you're an adult, you should not just send your child away just you got a girl but wanted a boy or you got a girl who you wanted to be pretty but she grew up to be what think is ugly or you wanted your child to be a big success but instead he/she became a complete failure.

Many people think it is convenient to reset their Tamagotchis.There are a few useful uses to resetting a Tamagotchi-for example,when it is on low battery,you can still play.All you need to do is reset it,but it won't be long before the low battery image flashes up on the screen again.It's not wrong to reset your Tamagotchi,many people just want a perfect one for themselves.However,it is a waste of time.I doubt anyone would reset it after a long set of history and parents/grandparents etc. once they get a Tamagotchi that does not appeal to them.Nobody should be there to judge you,however.You decide!

Nothing is wrong with reseting your tamagotchi. The only time I have reset my tamagotchi is when it died, but my little brother reset his because he knew he was going to get an ugly character. I think that it totally depends on the reason the person chose to reset their tama. I never reset my tama because I am trying to get a really huge generation started. I am also planning on getting all the characters. I have some advice though: don't reset your tamagotchi out of pure frustration over something. You'll be sorry.
:lol: greenalmonds :blink:
[SIZE=8pt]110% agree! once, I didn't like the fact that i got a baby boy, so I reset it, which was a huge mistake cuz i was on the 5 generation![/SIZE]

I have a couple of friends who have tamagotchis. Sometimes if they wanted a specific gender or if they don't like the character their tamagotchi is, they reset their tamagotchi.Sometimes they do it if they want a special character, but sometimes they do it just because they think their tamagotchi is "ugly". What do you think? Is reseting your tamagotchi cruel or explainable???
It is wrong sort of. You get what you get. Thats the charrie you get depending on the care you give it

But anyway, not really. Tamagotchis arent living or breathin creatures. Just fun virtual games

I don't reset my Connections. Occasionally, when I put the batteries back in one of them, I'll choose RESET instead of DOWNLOAD, just to start over, you know? But that's rare. I never reset my Connections while they're still active.

Now, my P1s, P2s, and Angels, are a little different. Sometimes, I want to take a break from P1 or P2, so I take the batteries out. Unfortunately, there is now DOWNLOAD function on ancestors, so it's sorta like reseting... But, I usually wait 'till they die before I take the batteries out.

I've only raised three Angels and I've reset/taken the batteries out of them all at some point. Why? Because they were all very old Futagotenshis and became frustratingly needy. Some of them were about 40+ years old, and I just couldn't keep fixing them every five minutes. I didn't want to take their batteries out, but sometimes, I didn't have a choice. For example, my last Angelgotch was a Futagotenshi, and I was doing school, constantly checking and fixing it because it was so needy. My mom told me that it couldn't be interferring with my education, so I had to take out the batteries.

But, those are just the Angels. As for all of my other Tamas, I rarely or never reset them. :)

-DDDTrooper

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with a previous post saying it's all how you see your virtual pet. It really depends on your preferences. If you feel more comfortable not resetting one and letting it go through it's life undisturbed, go for it. I know sometimes resetting is needed for reactivation from a glitch or problem with the unit itself. I try not to reset either, unless I just got the virtual pet and want it to be mateable with another of mine.

resetting is a sin and if you believe in God and you reset than he will smite you and send you to the fiery depths of Hell! So yeah I would suggest not resetting! It's just my opinion though!

resetting is a sin and if you believe in God and you reset than he will smite you and send you to the fiery depths of Hell! So yeah I would suggest not resetting! It's just my opinion though!
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion...however your wording is a bit harsh and could offend someone's beliefs or religion. I suggest either rewording it by editing the post, or think before you post next time :)

well it isnt really wrong to reset. Its only means that it will take longer to transform into a older tamagotchi. personally, i really never reset mine because i like to make its generations go up. pm me if u have anymore questions. i am the tamagotchi expert! lol! :)

I really don't reset unless I get a character that I really really dislike. And I mean, really dislike. I really rarely reset my tamagotchi. Resetting your tamagotchi means losing your parents/grandparents (only if you have them), all your items, and more! Also, just because you don't like it's gender doesn't mean you have to reset it. It is real cruel to the tamagotchi and yeah.

I think personally it's cruel to reset a tama. it gives you lack of battery level and just because its ugly doesn't mean anything. it just means you earned the character it doesnt say your tama looks like you. :D

Wow, my gosh, No its not wrong, even though you are supposed to take care of a tama like its a real pet, doesnt mean you cant mess around with it a lil, i mean its only a tamagotchi and believe or not it will never be reality like, tama says:Hi! Im hungry! Give me food play a game with me whats your fav thing to do blah. unless you have a V4.5 system but still, my oppinion is that its not wrong

No, thats your oppinion but the whole if you beleive in god and then reset is just a bit over the egde.no. you will not get sent to hell for reseting a tama. nothing like reseting a life, well sorta, idk

Anyways i migh tbe getting on yall peoples nerves cuz im being a bit smart mouth sorry, :( but yea

i dont like resetting. i believe it is wrong. if you really hate the character, just put on the costume or wait for the matchmaker and aim for another character next generation. to me it's like murder. but thats my opinion, dont be offended, i love my tamas like people. i treat them like breathing creatures in my heart even though i know in my head they arent.

That's stupid... plus the tamagotchis aren't real. They don't really have a 'life'.
C~M
She's right. Oh, and its rude to use CAPITALS IN THIS WAY ON THE INTERNET. It's like as if you're shouting. Please don't. I learnt my CAPITAL lesson when someone told me in this, exactly in this way, so hopefully you will too. Cheers, 333Hinotamatchi.

cc

It says in the manual the only times you should reset are:

The first time you activate your Tamagotchi

When the image/screen freezes

When you change the battery

And they should have also said "If you want to start over."

It doesn't say anything about resetting if the gender, family and whatnot isn't to your liking.

I always used to reset my tama and then next day.......Why oh Why did i reset it, i was soo far! :D ....thats how it went, i dont think its wrong, its ya choice wot ya do :(

hope i helped, and have a great tama day! :(

Reseting isn't really wrong, it isn't really killing your tama and i think not careing for it and letting it die is wrong!!!

Hope i helped and have a great tama day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back