Is this JUST a phase?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doggiedreams

Reaction score
I'm being weird. But it's a weird weird. Like, I'm listening to different kinds of music. I used to listen to pop...but now I listen to...Paramore, more Fall Out Boy, more like...well, that stuff. But I still dress the same. Kinda preppy. Nobody notices, though. But I keep thinking something is wrong with ME!!! I just moved. I've gone from being my hyper crazy self, to a total downer. I have a couple friends. But they're just not the same as the ones in CA. My friends back there were like me. And the friends I have here are like... different. I can't explain it. But I'm mostly worried about my preppy on the outside/ whatever-you-call-it on the inside. I'm going to high school next year. What do I do? Is this just a phase? Or something else?

It sounds harsh to explain it away by saying "It's just a phase", but lots of ppl go through the same thing - you may not know it because they don't confide their thoughts, that's all :hitodetchi:

New friends will not be the same as old friends - you don't know them as well, you have no history of growing up with them or going through the same grades / classes as them, so it's going to take time and patience :wacko:

What do you do? Wait and see. Maybe your music tastes are changing. There's nothing wrong with that. Listen to stuff you enjoy, not to music that "matches / compliments" your clothes ;)

Dress the way that makes you feel comfortable and confident in yourself. If people don't like you for your clothes, they're probably not going to be very good, life long buddies are they?

Hey, it's all the kind of advice stuff you've heard (or given) before ;)

Sometimes it just takes a little while to think things through.

No decisions on your music taste, your clothes and your friends are final. Everyone is allowed to change their minds (at least once ... lol)

Seriously, it's a sign you're growing up, that's all :(

Thanks, but it just feels so weird to text my friend in Cali 'Hey, have u heard Misery Business by Paramore?' and to get a text back saying 'Uh...yea...I didn't know u were into that kind of stuff...' But then...I don't know. It's mainly what's going to happen next year in high school. When everybody has their own little groups...cliques. Ugh. I just wanna be myself again.

A new house, new friends....it's confusing and complicated.

You might feel down in the dumps for awhile, but doon you'll get used to your ''new'' life and be back to your normal self.

''Just a phase'' isn't the right word for it.

And the change in your music taste is just normal. =] You can't expect to like the same music forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, don't worry. After a few months or so you will be used to your new house. ;)

Well, about the whole music thing it really isn't that weird. I used to like Rock, but now I enjoy Pop. :) Things change, and so does your dislikes and likes ;)

Good Luck :)

//T*L

yeah, it's super normal. Just be careful what music you get stuck into. You don't want anything too trashy.

I went through that phase and I found that I like rock the best. like a mid hard mid soft type.

yeah, it's super normal. Just be careful what music you get stuck into. You don't want anything too trashy. I went through that phase and I found that I like rock the best. like a mid hard mid soft type.
I think that's all on how you interpret certain genres, and if they get into harder genres like metal or punk, there's nothing wrong with it. All up to opinion on what's trashy or isn't. I say keep an open mind to ALL music instead, that way you can find out more. Always good to learn!

Like tamamum said, it IS harsh to say its just a phase, and thats why I like to think of it as a change of interests.

I liked my change in music taste. I havn't listened to pop since middle school. I'm into Paramore too, and Aiden, My Chemical Romance, and other bands like that, but I'm also into Iron Maiden and Bullet For My Valentine.

Well changing your music taste is just like...sort of puberty. I used to like all pop and stuff now I enjoy Emo rock music like My Chemical Romance. It usually happens when you move to a new place, I moved in July and I really miss all my old friends *sniff* but my new friends are alright...they're just...girly though.

I'm being weird. But it's a weird weird. Like, I'm listening to different kinds of music. I used to listen to pop...but now I listen to...Paramore, more Fall Out Boy, more like...well, that stuff. But I still dress the same. Kinda preppy. Nobody notices, though. But I keep thinking something is wrong with ME!!! I just moved. I've gone from being my hyper crazy self, to a total downer. I have a couple friends. But they're just not the same as the ones in CA. My friends back there were like me. And the friends I have here are like... different. I can't explain it. But I'm mostly worried about my preppy on the outside/ whatever-you-call-it on the inside. I'm going to high school next year. What do I do? Is this just a phase? Or something else?
You're probably just bummed out because you moved. I dont blame you- leaving your friends, house, school, all that behind. It's probably really stressful.

I'm that way too, doggiedreams. I used to be hyper and now I'm kinda emo/goth. I think I'm all tough, when I know I am not as strong as I thought I was. I used to talk a lot too, but I'm really quiet in school now. I listen to heavy metal too.... It's something you'll grow out of eventually.

I went through a phase where i felt like I was depressed, but I'm coming out of it right now.

I'm sure your going through a phase, your probably just not very happy with having to move and feel like when you moved you left your old happy self there. You'll come out of it.

OMG!!! I'm not kidding when I say I have the same EXACT problem!

I moved and had to leave all of my GOOD friends behind meet some new not-so-good ones and now my outside looks as preppy as can be but my inside is the total opposite. I am also starting high school next year. Whoaa...that is SO weird, but I'm relieved that I'm not the only person in the world with this personality "problem" or "phase".

^ Really? That is kinda weird. Well, I'm kinda happy with the way I am now. I mean...I'm still the way I described myself, in a way. But I'm happier, which is good. So thanks, guys. :ph34r:

Psha. Just because you don't listen to the latest pop or Disney, and because you don't wear American Eagle, etc, doesn't mean your a downer. I mean, about 26 months ago I was wearing pink and listening to Hannah Montana, and now I'm in black blouses and listening to Nightwish. Don't worry, its normal for teenagers/preteens to go from their five to ten year old customs of Disney, etc, into more matured music tastes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back