Lefty or Righty?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Left handed or Right handed?

• I am a Lefty, and I am proud.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a Righty, and I am proud.

• I am a both hander, which I am very proud of.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There sure happens to be alot of Leftys on TT. :eek:

I'm a Righty!

If I try writing with my left hand, I look like a kindergartener who's learnin how to spell their name!

-Rachel♥

I'm a righty! In kindergarden Ibroke my right arm and had to use my left hand Kindergarden thrue 3rd grade I could use both. Though no longer, it is truelly sad!

I think it is a good idea to teach yourself how to write with both hands - in case of a broken arm. That happened to one of my friends in middle school. She was originally right handed and she broke her right arm. She was forced to write with her left hand.

After that coincidence, she was ambidextrous. Good for her xDD

I an write a little with both hands, but my handwriting is neater with my right hand.

>>Off topic<< My handwritting has got better recently! :D

It appears that I can write with both hands now, but I can write with my left hand better xDD

I'm a Righty.

My aunty can write with both hands... she was originally left handed but teachers at her school wouldnt let people write with their left hand, so they forced her to use her right hand.

Well sometimes when a Righty teaches me how to do something in sports it's sorta difficult, like throwing a Basketball in a certain way. :\

You don't have to put 'righty' and 'lefty' you can just put right and left.

I am a right handed... Woo

I dont have a underneath thing cos i dunno how 2 get 1 lol

I'm a Righty.
My aunty can write with both hands... she was originally left handed but teachers at her school wouldnt let people write with their left hand, so they forced her to use her right hand.
Ok.. Why would they? :)

I'm both, except my handwriting is MUCH better with my right. I'm practicing with my left hand! :(

both and ur right i am proud of it i originally wrote with me left but i saw everyone else in my class write with their right so i started that and now i am both talk about peer presure!

I am a right hander! :D

I am totally not a left handy, I stink so bad with my left hand. I can not write at all with it! lol!! :(

-NINJA

Ps. I heard that 80% people around the world are right handed, I'm not sure if it's true though. Who knows!

I'm a Righty.
Aww, that is so cruel! If I was forced, I would sue xDD

I'm left-handed, and proud of it, but I can do a lot of things with right hand because this is a cold, hard world to us poor southpaws. Ever try to use a regular pair of scissors with your left hand? *shudders* Or try to use a manual can opener by attempting to turn it with your left hand? Impossible! Or, *gasp* use a serrated knife on a tender tomato with your left hand? It's the stuff of nightmares, I tell you! So, yes, in my many, many moons of walking this earth, I have learned to use my right hand to accomplish certain tasks. I can even write passably well with my right if I slow down enough.

Incidentally, I'm also left-foot and left-eye dominant. Want to test yourself on this? Take a couple of running steps towards a soccer ball and give it a kick without really thinking about it. Which feels more natural, using your left or right foot? As for the eyes, with both open, look straight ahead and fixate on a particular object. Then close each eye, one at a time. If the object you're staring at shifts a little in position, then that is NOT your dominant eye.

Locky, you asked why Bubba's aunt was forced to write with her right hand when she was in school, and so became a right hander. Well, as wacky as it sounds to us today, that was very much a Christian belief, that the left hand was somehow "evil", because Lucifer was said to have stood at the left hand of God before he was cast out of Heaven. Therefore, a child who exhibited signs of being left handed was very quickly, and usually very painfully, taught to control those "evil" impulses and use the right hand like good, honest, God-fearing people are supposed to do! After awhile, people didn't really believe that any more, but kids were still rapped on the knuckles when they used their left hands because, after all, why not just stick with tradition? It wasn't until the 1950s in the United States when public schools stopped forcing children to be right handers, but many parochial schools (schools run by a religious group, like Catholic schools) kept up the practice until well into the 1980s.

Weird!

I was wondering what the majority of the forum is on leftys or rightys handers. Now, if you ask me, I personally say I am a left handed person.
I am probably guessing that most members here are righties - the world may never know.

(Please no flame wars about, 'Righty is better!' or, 'Lefty is better!'. Also, please make this a mature conversation.)

//Tama*Lover
do you know that polar bears are left handed? hahaha im a smarty pantsss

I'm a righty. My mom is a lefty and so was my grampa. My friend is a lefty and the hottest boy in school (Connor) is a lefty. Barely anybody I know is a lefty. Everyone is a righty. :lol:

-C.M.

i am a lefty, and some people call me names, "weird", "crazy" and that sort of stuff, it is mean! but i am proud! :blink:

so lie i said, I AM A LEFTY! AND PROUD TO BE ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back