Limewire

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suggest you get rid of it.Yeah, its 100% illegal.

Oh, and inSANE, people do get caught.

Usually, they Disable your internet for a month, then if it happens again, your internet is terminated.

After that, its a Court case.
It's actually not illegal >.>

It's just illegal to actually download the songs, it tells you when you click the song "Your city doesn't have the copyright laws to download this blah blah, Do you still wan to Downlaod" or something like that.

They don't disable your internet >.>

They send you a letter telling you to stop. trust me, it happened to my brother. They tell you if you don't stop you will be fined. That's all. They only catch you if you downlaod like thousands of songs a day ;]

And, you don't just use LimeWire to get songs, You can get files, videos, and other things from there.

I'm guessing that they wouldn't make it easily downloadable (sp)

if there wasn't a practical purpose.

I have it, and I've only gotten a virus once, but it was quartentined (sp). I try not to get too many songs though, so they don't catch me

Wen i use LimeWire a lot of Viruses go in my pc but we can get music But THE BAD THING THAT IS ILLEGAL :( :angry: :angry: :angry: :huh: :( Nvm wat we can do to make it legal and to have no virus

It's actually not illegal >.>
It's just illegal to actually download the songs, it tells you when you click the song "Your city doesn't have the copyright laws to download this blah blah, Do you still wan to Downlaod" or something like that.

They don't disable your internet >.>

They send you a letter telling you to stop. trust me, it happened to my brother. They tell you if you don't stop you will be fined. That's all. They only catch you if you downlaod like thousands of songs a day ;]

And, you don't just use LimeWire to get songs, You can get files, videos, and other things from there.

I'm guessing that they wouldn't make it easily downloadable (sp)

if there wasn't a practical purpose.

I have it, and I've only gotten a virus once, but it was quartentined (sp). I try not to get too many songs though, so they don't catch me
Dude. I know 100% that they can disable your internet.

It happened to me.

Dude. I know 100% that they can disable your internet.It happened to me.
Yes. Roar The Tiger is right. It's illegal, they can track you down i believe, so it's not impossible to get caught. I just use iTunes i don't see the big deal each song is only 99 cents, so i'd rather pay 99 cents then risk getting arrested :eek:

Yeah, its illegal. If you use it for yourself personally, though,

there's really no way anybody could find out. I believe that's OK.

I used to use LimeWire, but I use Rhapsody now. There were so many viruses

and spyware from Limewire. Thanks to ZoneAlarm, our computer hasn't died

yet. :unsure:

I would recomend Rhapsody seriously. Only $14.99 a month for

an unlimited amount of songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for double post, but what you are downloading is stolen from the creator. lets just say you downloaded a hannah montana song (eew) from limewire, you could i think even be sued by miley (she would too shes evil) because you took her song/album without paying. so thats how :(
That's probably a lot of people she would have to sue. lol

Anyway, my computer doesn't have limewire anymore. It gave my computer viruses. My sister's computer still has limewire but she doesn't use it anymore. Yes, Limewire is illegal, but nobody ever got caught...I think.

On Limewire it said that if you clicked something you could sign up to get sent a free t-shirt or hat, and I was like, "If it's illegal, why would they be selling MERCHANDISE?"

Yes, it IS illegal, but everyone knows about it, so if anyone really cared about it, LimeWire would be destroyed or something. I've heard from a lot of people that LimeWire can give you viruses, but it hasn't done anything to my computer. If it has gave you viruses, I suggest getting McAfee. Also, the only think you should only get arrested if you download songs from it then sell them for a profit.

-Mew

I used Limewire once, never used it again. :\

It gave me a heap of viruses and litterally destroyed my computer. Now I use Mp3 Rocket. (Just to download some Japanese songs.)

Very safe, haven't got a virus once. But, I only download songs if I extremely need it for something. Mp3 Rocket is the best compared to dumb Limewire. It may be illegal, but as long as you use it safely, buy the program, and use for emergencies, it's alright.

Mp3 Rocket is God. You can actually disable the connection to download the songs anytime. =D

~SG~

BTW = You don't have to buy the program, but only download a couple of songs if you have to.

I think these viruses everyone is getting is from clicking an infected song while downloading.

Generally go for the song with a lot of hits, and to be safe, the 2nd from the top. Usually it's good if the title is properly capitalized, thats good.

I never had a virus yet, I've been using it over 2 years now.

Latest posts

Back