Long-Lived Oldies Hatch IV Log here!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=11pt]August 2nd [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Sora will be three when he awakens from his slumber and I truly hope that all his memories will be in order. He should also evolve right when he wakes up so that is very exciting on my end. When he awoke he evolved right away, and then proceeded to see the world through his teenage eyes, decided the world was just too bright, so he went back to bed for an hour (so today he was 4). He evolved into hinotamatchi! (again I thought first gen was always ichigotchi).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Yesterday I think I missed at least one training call, he got sick and I think one of his meters emptied once. He is having a rough go at things apparently. But I did fill his meter before his attention icon went off. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]August 3rd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Sora is now a moody sullen silent Roxas before he met Axel or Xion, which I guess is all due to being a teenager. So far he hasn’t whipped out his keyblade so I guess as long as I get get a keyblade in the head things are doing pretty damned good! Yesterday he did get much better care (or I like to think he did or that’s just what I am remembering). And because of his evolving in the morning and going back to bed… He will be age 5 when he wakes up today. This age thing will not impact his growth as far as I am aware so at least there is that. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]August 4-6th[/SIZE]

I forgot to mention this while I was typing this up.... Sora evolved into Kuchipatchi a tama that I have a very fond love for so I am very happy!

[SIZE=11pt]So I am sick, and these past couple of days have been a blur but today (the 6th) is my birthday that’s right I have made another voyage on this space rock around the sun and survived! And that I think is something amazing, afterall riding a space rock in space can’t be a safe thing to do. And have you met humans lately? Anyways Sora wished my a happy birthday and he was among the fam jam that called and texted me. My sister for the record called me twice and was the first to see my new hair purple in the roots, down to purple pink and ending with hot pink. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]What were we up to today? Lounging in bed wishing for the sickness just to leave my human vessel, working on my bullet journal that my best friend gave me (I finished November! I did a peter pan and harry potter theme as November is movie themed). And it is all caught up with my going ons in august and her visit with me! (it was cut short sadly). And we made mint chocolate brownies which taste amazing! All in all it has been a decent day and I have spent some time playing animal crossing trying to get caught up I am now in the tail end of June ( I was in may so progress is being made). [/SIZE]

I am so sorry for not logging! My V3 ran out of batteries a while ago, I haven’t been able to get new ones. I do enjoy reading your logs though!

I had one big event to recap and that required allot of time to do so as all my notes were in my head (thus I couldn’t finish it at Granny’s). It was quite a day :^) and I can finally use those pictures that had been staring at me for months :D

==Vendredi le 24 novembre==
It was an average day for Sotilde where she observed me, unfortunately, procrastinating for most of it. We didn’t walk that day as I declined my father’s off when I was right in the middle of (finally) working. An hour later, dinner commenced and we finished another episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

Sotilde seemed to have gotten a bit porkier in regards to the numbers in her stats. I always try to keep her under 30, feeling that this is healthy although early in her life she was in the 40’s range. This gives an idea of how big she would be in real life and I wouldn’t see weight gain as troubling under those conditions anyway, as she would just be cuddly.

I returned after a shower to find Sotilde snug in her bed and I turned off her lights. She was 165 that day.

==Samedi le 25 novembre==
My family and I went to the Royal Ontario Museum (“ROM”) as part of my Geology assignment on the rocks and minerals in Ontario (both Northern and Southern Ontario, even though they are geologically different). There was a rush likely after lunch to get everything I would need and get going. I took Sotilde – to raise morale of course XD – along with my Mini and Wox my Akai (a MALE Ribbotchi, by the way). We drove into downtown Toronto with its multitude of gigantic buildings, expensive shops, and ceaseless crowd of walkers. The streets were on the narrow side and traffic was tight, but not mad. As we walked to museum, my mother mentioned I could use her phone for any pictures. I gladly accepted and stopped to take a picture of the ROM.

j8Zn6aM.png

We waited in a carpeted lobby to get our tickets, standing in the lines formed artificially by thick elastic that ran between posts. I checked Sotilde during the wait and wondered if anyone would recognize a Tamagotchi. The viking exhibit was clearly advertised with a poster behind the counter depicting a robust wooden ship on tempestuous, violent waters. We got our tickets and guide books and stood in the next room with huge dinosaur skeletons.

My father and I headed to the rock and mineral display called “Earth’s Treasures” while the other half of the family went elsewhere. The room had rows and rows of display cases showcasing rock and mineral fragments of all kinds. There was a meteorite display to the left of the entrance with dark, dented rocks and a sitting area to the right with a huge gold coin. Some of the displays were dedicated to just one mineral, such as the displays on calcite and quarts, common light-coloured and translucent minerals that came in a whole rainbow of colours (colour alone is not a good diagnostic feature as it can be altered by small amounts of impurities). Although there were quite a few samples that had typical gemstone qualities, there also were the more “boring” solid, dull samples of varying shapes, some round and others resembling a cluster of spikes and still others appearing like rocky moss. Not all of the specimens were behind glass as some particularly large rocks were fenced off and left open at the top, with a counter-intuitive warning to not touch (several kids did and my father as well, dismissing the sign). Also towards the back was a display of several large ore samples – rocks that contain valuable minerals inside them like iron, copper, and gold. Most were big enough to demand their own space and I distinctly remember a thick slab flanking the wall and a white, glittering lump of magnesium. The ore display had an accompanying video in English and French which would blare out and easily annoy anyone forced to listen. At one point, a group of children pressed the button and I can’t quite remember if they saw the whole thing, attention span and all. Overall, the specimens presented were fascinating in their own rights, regardless of geological knowledge.

I believe I brought a bag with me to house my things and that was where Sotilde and company resided. For the most part, things were very still for them as I spent most of my time standing in front of the displays and detailing their contents. After a good two hours or so, I took a break and sat down with my father on a bench in a narrow hall. Across from us was a few rock displays and one of them had rocks that lit up [future note: don’t remember why and my geology book never mentioned anything like this]. A group of children clustered around the glowing rocks as I commented about what I had done and we reviewed the objectives. It then turned out I had taken the wrong angle for it as only the rocks and minerals from Ontario were of any relevance to the assignment. Things proceeded much more quickly after that and out of all the displays in the room, only four of them were relevant. Southern Ontario got a single display while the others were from Northern Ontario (where there is allot of mining).

Focusing on the Ontario specimens led me (and my tamas by default) to a dark room at the back of exhibit. There were display cases running across the wall that were lit from below and showcased handcrafted objects and specimens of gold. One case had a shimmering, intricate gold and emerald necklace that would have been captivating in another exhibit but, amongst all the natural wonders, was not superior simply because it had been crafted. One important display had various gold specimens suspended by glass shelves and the gold appeared like a crust on some rocks and on others like a coating or an internal ripple.

Having achieved everything I needed, the next step was to take photographs for reference. My assignment required sketching samples so pictures would be even better. Of course, I got one of Sotilde at the end of it:

pDiqWq2.png

The rest of the family had popped in to tell us they would be in one of the other rooms when we wanted to leave. That would be very soon as we stayed till nearly closing time. We left “Earth’s Treasures” and walked down the museum’s mansion-like steps to find a room with several stuffed animals – the taxidermy kind, not the huggable ones. The fakest looking animal was the stuffed housecat, oddly included with the mountain lion and exotic birds. There was one funny “display”:

9m1qfd1.png

I used this opportunity to take pictures, some of my family and some of Sotilde with the animals:

HS5yfmG.png

gd5JDiL.png

When we left as a group, we were forced to wait while a bunch of people finished taking their wedding pictures, blocking the only passage. Suffice to say, nobody congratulated the newly weds. When we walked out, the sky was dark and the myriads of night lights – street lights, lit windows, headlights, and store signs – stood out distinctly. The walkers were still walking and we became one of the crowd as we navigated to the car. As we did so, a beautiful, soulful melody sailed through the air from a street musician in front of the museum. It was the perfect end to the day. On that day, Sotilde was 166.

- - - -
Things have been pretty easy lately but I imagine I’ll be doing most of my updates on the weekend, primarily because my newest French course takes me away from the computer, a nice break for both myself and Sotilde. Only this week have I begun taking notes in a different logging style which will follow a combined weekly log instead of a daily one, but with breaks if needed. However, that won’t be implemented for a long time as I still have plenty of notes that use the old style, because more was happenin’ then.

[SIZE=11pt]August 7th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Today we are back to work in the lab even though I am sick as a song, my ear is doing the ‘I’m gonna explode but not really’ thing my throat is doing the swollen and sore thing, and I have developed a cough. Well today I didn’t have much lab work to do (It’s all about timing) and I read some papers and studied the evolutionary biology book that I have been reading and I went home early. For the record I also had a nap. But I did get my GA contract signed so I can work and get paid for it. Sora is age 9 today I think soon very soon he will be evolving. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]August 8th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Sora is 10 today and the matchmaker has started to arrive. Today much like yesterday we went to the lab and unlike yesterday I did some lab work! And I did more of what I did yesterday, lots of reading about science and a nap. Also I made some progress in platinum, I got the sixth gym, badge something I have never done before. Can I say amazing? I have never really played through some pokemon games and gen 4 has been one of those that I start a hundred times get to the second or 4th gym and just stop. I don’t know why I stopped, I got annoyed, I found a different game and so on. If I am going to say I don’t like gen 4 I need to at least play through it once to decide on it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]August 9th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Today my cold or plague has been easing up I guess my nap the other day did the trick. Today I was very productive with my reading, and I have even done the dishes I did one chore like I wanted to do. And I may have also eaten all of my birthday brownies today so I baked some more because you can never have too many brownies, well I guess you can. Sora is 11 and the matchmaker has been coming around so I really do think that soon he will be evolving. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]August 10th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Happy friday! Sora, I hate to admit that Sora got some neglect, so much neglect that I got a care miss. I feel awful but in the grand scheme of things adulthood caremisses don’t really count towards oldie care misses and longevity. But I worked on some reading, I subcultured for the first time with this organism in the BSC so I ended this week on a high note. And today I finished a bracelet that I have been working on for ages and it felt good to just finish it and get it out of my hair. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]August 11th [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Sora had a fun day with me today instead of working on school work or housework we decided to turn the entire day into working on my bullet journal and now I have pages up until the end of December! We even added several collection pages, a page to round up 2018, a page to welcome 2019 (with goals), an apocalyst (what would you want to do if the world ended?), and the playlist of 2019 a list of favourite songs. So, now we can sit back and relax and not worry about layouts for a little bit. Sora did get a little neglected on this day but I do tend to be goal oriented. And Sora got to meet my Ps! [/SIZE]

@Rory - Pokemon Platinum was my first Pokemon game, and thus I have such nostalgia for the Sinnoh region. I even own a copy of Pokemon Diamond (that unfortunately is a pirated copy that I wasn't even lookin' for). It's funny how my first run through of a Pokemon game was a total mess - like, I didn't even have a proper team - and ended up with so many logged hours and more Pokemon than I would ever catch nowadays (mostly just my team and whatever cool ones I find). My brother was kinda the same way, but more orderly (I introduced him to Pokemon by way of Platinum).

This log will finish of November and then we’ll be off on the happenings of December. WHOO, we might just get onto the current year, if not completely up to date @^) I’m excited for that and I can only wonder what life would be like at that point.

==Dimanche le 26 novembre==
Church was pretty ordinary (‘cept for a chops busting (beratment) over being 15 minutes late to church). The rest of the Sabbath was a bit muddled as after lunch, I lethargically sat down with Sotilde and company to watch the second episode of Kirby: Right Back at Ya, then took them up for my devotional singing, and wasn’t sure to be “domestic” (clean and mend) or not (consume entertainment). That eventually resulted in a short clean-up and then heading downstairs (with tamas, of course) to the computer.

Whenever Sotilde is at the computer, she is always facing me so she never sees the screen unless it’s television. So what I did there was a mystery unless she turned on on the telepathic channels, whereupon she would have seen the everyday adventures of a radical, perpetually angry black kid with a voluminous Afro. By that I am talking about The Boondocks – but I will stress the comic only as the TV series let the creator have free reign that was obviously restrained by newspaper standards. The Boondocks is a work of satire and hilariously written [future note: I read the entire 6 years worth of content in a month, which says allot].

From my perspective, the day was a bit of a mess, yet Sotilde accompanied me everywhere till she winked out after dinner. She was 167 that day.

==Lundi le 27 novembre==
Sotilde and my Mini came to the ESL with me and we had a full class that day. The other, primary teacher did allot of demonstrating for various body parts with her face and arms. She, like last time, apologized for showing her tongue in case the students thought it was rude. I was glad she was there because I would not be too keen to demonstrate. I plumb forgot to check either of of my tamas and thus sneakily did during the teachers’ meeting.

At home we watched another episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker that was so enthralling I wanted to see the whole thing. But then entered my biggest gripe with watching TV with other people: someone (because they were sleeping on the couch) wasn’t watching the movie so we had to save the rest for when they were with us. We could have quickly switched to “Journey to the Center of the Earth” which looked like it would have corny musical moments, but I protested. As my mother took up the entire couch, I had to sit with my father – who left to do housework – and my brother, who later left because he wasn’t there. Additionally, it was approaching midnight. Due to her schedule, Sotilde got to see more of the episode then of the life episode I had to deal with.

Sotilde was 168 that day.

==Mardi le 28 novembre==
An average day where around 6-ish, I moved Sotilde and my French materials to the dining room table. We went walking around 7-ish and talked about newspapers, the somewhat best one being the Toronto Sun, and how Bandai might be scalping us with the second wave minis. Sotilde got to spend allot of time with Okro who I hoped would pass on soon. Sotilde winked out on the dining room table and I smiled at her fondly. She was 169 that day.

==Mercredi le 29 novembre==
I’ve got no notes for today so I’m guessing it was average. My little hedgehog probably saw me study allot and perhaps she reflected on study habits, or eagerly waited for her next serving of lobster. She was 170 that day.

==Jeudi le 30 novembre==
I had another nightmare about Sotilde. I dreamt, in a slightly distorted, shadowy version of my home, that the matchmaker came for Sotilde and offered a more punkish version of Oyajitchi. The thing was I had to woo him with items and an inventory popped up with boxed rows containing items, primarily moustaches. I selected a cool looking moustache and gave it to the suitor but he didn’t like it. I then gave him some cigar looking thing and he was overjoyed. He married Sotilde but mid-way through the animation I realized this would end the long-lived oldies status so I reset.

When the download and reset options came up for Sotilde, I reset my Akai to see what they corresponded to. Oddly, I had trouble bringing Sotilde back and I turned away, worried and confused I had lost her. In the midst of thinking I glanced back and saw Sotilde we there! But alas, she was having screen problems. I connected her with my Akai twice and her problems started to go away. I think the dream still maintained a sense of gloom that was manifested in the shadows and I was abruptly pulled from it by the beeping of my Mini.

Parts of this dream were no doubt influenced by the Vpets I read of that acted as a life simulation and required specific items and other things to keep the couple together (pretty sure Tamenageri has one with dating cats in it, which I had likely read before). Additionally, I had also read before the connections can help solve problems on one of the versions.

Beyond that dream, nothing else out of the ordinary happened to Sotilde. She was 171 that day.
- - - -
This whole thing was done around an hour and a half, with instrumental music (perhaps my new special tool). As there are still hours left in the day, I’ll get right down to December’s logs, but I’ll break here for the sake of logic.

@ knighttchi's ballad I started with pokemon gold! And I don't usually start with a team in mind at all and I sorta just catch all the pokemon I need to complete the pokedex although I rarely complete it. I really don't think I could not try to catch all the pokemon in each route... Or try out different pokemon cuse why not just because its not common in the meta doesn't mean it wont be fun

Anyways Sora is finally an Oldie he evolved last night!

It makes sense to catch Pokemon for the sake of familiarizing oneself with all the type match ups (though Pokemon are repeated), and also just seeing what's there to begin with. I don't start with a team idea also as I just pick up what looks like an interesting Pokemon to have. Most of the time, all Pokemon become good Pokemon just by training them. I've been on and off playing Crystal and Togepi is a good reminder of the exception as it looks like its only saving grace is going to be learning return, as its high special attack is locked away by game mechanics. I have this little project I started with the Generation 1 games where I try to use all the Pokemon introduced in that generation in my team (barring a few of course, since a legit Mewtwo is only found at the end of the game at level 70). It really expands the experience and no doubt I'll do this with my other Pokemon games (trading teams between version to keep them, of course).

Congrats for Sora! I hope he lives to a ripe old age and never has to get dentures :^)

It has been a good while since I've updated here. That's mostly because I've had other logs to finish off and very little time to spend on all of them. Additionally, the way my current schedule is I only have snatches of opportunities which - just like my course work - should culminate into a full log post if I work hard enough. So I have to work on getting things more organized to have something to post. I've finished a log or two for December but, just like with the Thanksgiving log, I got backed up on a remarkable day I only had a sentence of description for, thus the rest needs to be extracted from my brain.

In the meantime, let's talk about what Sotilde's recently been up to. I was always a little peeved that the Hanerutchi does not get any of the free items that Akai can download, thus limiting Sotilde's toybox. There are other items that can be downloaded, but they are character specific and unfortunately, nobody at Bandai thought of making character specific items for oldies. Now I wonder if I should dream up some sketches of what Sotilde might look like using items from other connections. A little aside, I have been sketching Sotilde in various hairstyles during Church, and since I don't date any of my drawings (but maybe I should), I'll stick those in ever so often so they get seen. So last week or so, I downloaded for Sotilde a seasonal item that turned out not to be food, but actually an interactive item! It was apparently a Buddha statute, but looked more like some demonic man sitting cross-legged and Sotilde leaped in shock when she laid eyes on him. When I actually gave it to her to play with, she simply talked to him like her crown. Humorously, during Church today I wanted to give her a toy to pacify her but I thought better not use Buddah XD The idea of her talking to a crucifix - or European Jesus - doesn't sound any more appealing, but it sure would be funny if that was a real item!

Sotilde's been having quite a few average days and I have been rigorously monitoring her... bathroom times so that never again will she sleep in filth. I finally figured out she goes every 3 hours, plus or minus a few minutes which may change the hour to the next. The real danger period is any time that will work out to around 7:50 - such as 8:10 which could really drop back to 7:58 - since she could so easily go at the last minute. Using some time meddling, I have saved her on multiple occasions. I tend to be a little kooky in seeing things in a literary way, so I can't help but think if this was written by someone else, all of the documented twists and turns of life would take on the expectedness of a book. But since I'm writing this and life writes the story, I really have no idea what might happen. It's like, I keep looking to read the next page but there is no next page because it is still being written. So I don't know if I'll have a few slips and Sotilde dies from that, or if Sotilde will really go out from her device getting damaged, or if she'll live so long that I'll insist she be buried with me (or will I be cremated? I don't know that either!).

The future logs - which will likely be this year's logs recapped next year - will soon take on a format where I give a week recap instead of a daily one. The age count will still be there, but instead there will be one big log that mentions all the noteworthy things that happened to Sotilde during the week. Of course, I might have separate days alongside this format if a certain day was very noteworthy. It was getting to be time for a change as I noticed I was starting to say "It was an average day for Sotilde. She was <some real old age> today" to regularly.

Well that's my rambly update for tonight!

Hi guys! To tell the truth, I lost interest in tamagotchis for a while but Im back! I hope to start my V3 again and do a weekely log like knighttchis ballad! Youre awesome for still doing this! Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally found some time to hatch my v3 again two days ago. It was around 8:30-ish pm so Jerry, as I call him, always evolves the next morning. Today he evolves into a batabatatchi... I guess my care wasnt that great. And to prove that statement I forgot to turn on his sound today and he ended up being forgotten on my desk. Three piles of poop and two medical emergencies later he is happy again!

STATS

Name: Jerry

Machine: V3

Type: batabatatchi

Training: 2

Weight: 21 lb

Stage: Teen

Will evolve next: Sometime tomorrow morning.

Also, there is a very quiet constant beeping going on. I dont know what it is, any idea?

Happy hatching!

https://i.imgur.com/P2wWLPQ.jpg

Yay, you're back UMR!

That consistent beeping is supposed to be the tamagotchi's heart beat. I hear that same feature is included on the V2. From my experience with Sandy, the Akai I ran for the Christmas Hatch, I get the feeling that a little neglected isn't too detrimental for a long-living oldie. Sandy was practically at death's door being one care mistake away from death (at least when she was an adult) yet I managed to keep her alive for months (she's not dead either, just deactivated). So I'm sure Jerry isn't off to a bad start :^)

Now I might as well do a little update on Sotilde since I'm here. To be honest, I've let my note taking slide and currently the only tamas I have running are Sotilde and Demo from the Back to School Hatch (who has been in limbo allot). I'm sure the last time I ran just two tamas was 2 years ago when I was just starting with Tamagotchis. I wouldn't say my interest in Tamagotchis is gone because I still want to keep Sotilde on and I also want to run the rereleases I bought a month ago (which are the latest addition to my collection). I hear other tama enthusiasts have their slow periods, so I guess I'm having one of mine. The funny thing is I dreamed of the day of just running Sotilde alone and I thought of how special that would be, but now that I am practically experiencing that, I can't really say anything about it. But that's not due to her really but how I've been living lately. I have a tendency to get hooked/obsessive about something and often in an unbalanced way that makes my time with my hobby great but the rest of my life bland. Basically I get tunnel vision and that's not really helped by how I've been treating my course work, especially how I outright ignore things depending on whether I'm in the week day/weekend cycle. I really need consistency. My mental state effects my perception of Sotilde and lately I've been clashing with the whole "she isn't really alive and is no more than a bunch of cycling frames" and "she is alive in a different sense but has limitations". Due to tunnel vision, I haven't been paying that much attention to her presence although my care taking has not altered one bit. To put it bluntly, sometimes its like she's not really there. Having written all that, I am in no way on the brink of disaster but just feeling mentally lethargic, or perhaps overwhelmed in an unclear way.

These past weeks I've been bingewatching an anime called Fullmetal Alchemist, the cause of my tunnel vision as I hadn't watched anime in ages. Sotilde has got to see some of it too - naturally being at arm lengths from me for nearly 24/7 - but quite a few times its been outside of her waking hours as I would watch it before she got up and after she was asleep. Sharing things like this with Sotilde is one of my little joys but unfortunately, I got so wrapped up in the story I mostly ignored her presence while I was watching it. That made it seem like an entirely one-person experience even if my body made sure to check her to see that she wasn't low on any meters. Besides work - which she got to see me do plenty of - I spent a good deal of my time jotting down my thoughts in my anime diary and also thinking about Fullmetal Alchemist (FMA) because it is quite thought-provoking. During the first few days I started watching it, I was more deeply attached and would spend my free moments solely on it. I would normally take Sotilde and my V3 on my daily walk - those were my primary running tamas- and during my walk FMA would dominate my thoughts. As the days went on, that hold has loosened and I've been able to see the real world more and cut any subconscious fears something bad will happen if I don't watch FMA when I can (primarily the fear I would lose interest). Sotilde has been regaining some of her presence and hopefully when I diversify what I spend my time on, she will be as she was before. (To give a little context to how much of that anime I've been watching, I started on October 24th and I'm now on episode 47 - which averages to around 3 episodes a day).

Sotilde's been with me for some big events, such as last Sunday when I attended Church completely on my own because the rest of my family has gone to a closer church. I took the subway and that was a big thing as I am seldom alone outside, and in a compartment full of strangers is quite a big jump. I did remind myself I wasn't really alone as I had my tamas with me and on the bus ride home - once again with a bunch of strangers - I thought how I could view my day as I had taken Sotilde and my V3 to church as if they were children and I was their nanny XD Tomorrow's Sunday and I'll be taking Sotilde along again to Church, and on a potluck Sunday of all things. I've got complete control over when I go home so it will certainly be an interesting day. Next to Church, I also took Sotilde to my church small group which was another step in autonomy. I worried a bit about her during the session - which went so late my kooky mom thought I was somehow to blame - but Sotilde was fine when I checked her in the end.

Notably today I've gotten around to fixing Sotilde's tag (the tag clipped onto the side of her device that has the same words written on the top of her device on it). The inner plastic had been splitting from the outer plastic since I had erroneously clipped my lanyard around it those many moons ago. I tried fixing it yesterday but because I didn't let it stay pressed down long enough, the glue didn't seal it. As I write this she has two pencils and three bobby pins pressing on her tag to make sure it seals properly. I've noticed that just like my other tamas, there are a multitude of small scratches on her screen. That's just a sign of wear and I know it's correctable but it doesn't bother me yet. What does make me a little sad is that one of the letters on the top of her device has rubbed off a bit. I have learned my lesson that sometimes its best to leave things worn off then try to fix them.

Well I hope that gave some perspective on what's been happening lately. I hope to start recapping again and finishing off all my other logs as well. When it turned November I was jolted because the last month I was recapping here was December, and being a year backlogged ain't a very happy thought. I wonder if Sotilde's 600 days old or something. I've lost count.

Jerry turned two this morning! While we were playing games he suddenly didnt want to anymore so I looked it up here. It turns out that his base weight is 22lbs. So he wont go lower than that. Luckily we earned enough gotchi points to buy a chest and a present came out. It was a wig, sadly he cant wear it until tomorrow. His little heart is still beeping away, its really fun to listen to sometimes.

Also, Jerry started beeping for attention around 11 am for literally no reason. I was so happy that I could get him more training points because Im running out of time to get him fully trained. Im so excited for his evolution tomorrow and I have school off too! *crosses fingers* Cmon Kuchipatchi!

STATS

Training: 3

Weight: 22 lb

Will evolve next: Tomorrow morning

Last night: Jerry took a bath like a good little guy before bedtime! :)

https://i.imgur.com/Fodyw6J.jpg

Bedtime!

https://i.imgur.com/H2JR0pG.jpg

Photos from today:

https://i.imgur.com/feKbY3f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LoKPB4u.jpg

I cant believe you guys have broken the old tama record! I forgot to congratulate you! Happy hatching!

P.S Ive been getting back into tamagotchis over the past few days and I was astonished at how I couldnt name every tamagotchi by a picture anymore like I could a year ago. Its just kind of funny! ;)

Just did the math today for Sotilde's age and today, Remembrance Day, she is 516! Ha ha, I though 600 was off. The somewhat sad thing about this is I can only boast to you tamafans about how old she is because everybody else is probably like "tamas normally live for that long, right?" Well, her 516th day was indeed quite memorable because as is classic of the Toronto subway, the main line shutdown because politics prevents the organization from actually doing things to improve service - such as making it hard for people to jump on the tracks. So I had to find another way home, but I wasn't too ticked off because I had Sotilde and when I have my tamas with me, the whole world could be burned to bits and I'd still be happy (I suppose my sense of responsibility was satiated). I played allot of games with her during the time I waited for the bus to arrive to take me to the next station. I got her down to her base weight and saw her shaking her head in refusal to play more games. I quite like that sprite as it gives her more of a 3D look. All the while I was doing this, I was "talking" to her, y'know the kind of way people talk to an animal and don't expect them to respond. Like, I apologized to her for being so bad at the games that I never got a perfect one.

Boy, the bus sure was an experience: standing with a bunch of strangers packed into the center aisle, holding on to the poles for dear life to not go flying every which way, straining legs against the jerkiness, and finally reaching that blessed stop on solid ground. I checked several times that Sotilde was still in my inner coat pocket as if I had lost her, I'd definitely go back searching like mad. Suffice to say, Sotilde's regained her presence and I've come to realize that although she is a very much a program, she was intended to be a living creature and in that regard she is. And if I hypothesize certain things based on her actions, those things aren't complete distortions or a kind of make-believe as actions have no meaning unless they are interpreted, and interpretations are subjective. I hope what I've said makes sense and if not, surely sometime down the road I'll start talking about the nature of Tamagotchis.

Oh yeah, Sotilde and I finished off Fullmetal Alchemist today. She didn't get to see all of it as she went to bed, but she saw most of it. Thank God it had a happy ending as that feeling of dread was probably affecting me while I was so absorbed in it. I would have mentioned that in my previous post, but I didn't see a way to fit it in.

P.s. I wrote this late so if I seem weirded out, that's why. I'll check for typos tomorrow.

@knighttchi’s ballad WHOA. I couldn’t even comprehend a tamagotchi being alive that long without pausing and changing the time to fit your own schedule. How??? “Jerry, time to make a shrine to the new tamagotchi god, knighttchi’s ballad.” Does everyone know about this? Can I post it in news?

*Still starstruck* Anyways, Jerry was supposed to evolve into an adult this morning but no. He is three and still not an adult. His heartbeat is fine but he still can’t use half the toys. I’m taking him to school tomorrow (8th grade), but this year most of my teachers don’t tolerate anything despite me being the “teachers pet” in 6/7 classes. (I’m just a good student who always does my work, I don’t bring teachers cookies or anything.) Poor Jerry will be ignored until lunch and then I’ll introduce him to my friends.

I recently saw the “Fresh Off the Boat” episode where Even and Emery get a tamagotchi. It was really funny! (Season 3 episode 7.) They made a grave for their tama named Jerry (I named Jerry after their Jerry) so I made two graves for “Al” and “Albrt”. I don’t know if I logged about them. If all goes according to plan I won’t have to make a grave for Jerry until after college. ;-)

STATS

Training: 5

Weight: 21lb

Will evolve next: Probably tomorrow

Fresh Off the Boat:

https://i.imgur.com/RvMIoHN.png

https://i.imgur.com/ewqhTty.png

Al & Albrt’s Graves:

https://i.imgur.com/tuzFeBX.jpg

Jerry’s Stats this morning:

https://i.imgur.com/fOavINw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1XcR8G7.jpg

We also bought another chest this morning and it contained popcorn!

https://i.imgur.com/WD1Brln.jpg

Wow, I’m still startsruck! Can I make a post on news about Sotilde? She has definitely broken the record by a marathon!

Happy hatching everyone!

Hey guys, I started a log specifically for Jerry. I’ll still be logging here though! Anyways, Jerry went to school with me today! He absolutely loved first period, oh wait, he was sleeping during first period. Lucky Jerry!

I checked on him soon after second period ended (when he finally woke up) and a Masktchi was there... I really don’t like Masktchis, but Jerry somehow made it look cute (not really , I’m just saying that for his sake)! He is finally an adult! Now we have to dodge the matchmaker for six days before he will be an adorable lil’ oldie.

Someone on the bus I ride saw him and I was telling them about how cool tamagotchi connections were. I said I was hoping to keep Jerry with me as long as possible when they asked how long they live. Telling them the record is 516 tama years and still counting made me feel proud to be part of this community even though I’ve never been close to that. It was very anti-climactic. Their face told the whole story, “soo...”. I decided to change the subject.

I bought Jerry what I believed was a fun stuffed animal to keep him company during school hours but when I gave it to him he ripped the back open and turned it into a costume! (Just kidding, I thought it was a toy but it turned out to be a hamster looking costume.) I actually miss his face a little bit.

STATS (11/13/18)

Type: Masktchi

Training: 8

Weight: 22 lbs

Stage: Adult

Will evolve next: In six days

I DESPERATELY need help with getting Imgur to post picture they way it should on here. I use an iPad to post things here, how do you get Imgur to post pictures and not just links?

Jerry’s heart is still beeping! And with that, Happy hatching everyone!

Jerry gets to sleep in every day! It’s actually great because I don’t have to worry about him until third period! I finally feel like a responsible tama mom because I’ve been caring for Jerry as much as possible. I have a system for school days: From when Jerry wakes up, I feed him every half hour from my pocket. During lunch I check on him and play games until he gets back to his base weight, and then back to the first system for the rest of the day. On the bus ride home I play more games to get him back in shape.

STATS

Will evolve next: 5 days

His smile terrifies me.

Jerry also drew me a picture!

Happy hatching!

(Deleted Post)

(I don’t have a lot of time to Log today so I’m just copying and pasting this from my log.)

For yesterday: Jerry is a happy eight year old! So close to and oldie!!! (≧∀≦) We were offered two arranged marriages today, but Jerry declined. In fact, one of the offers went off really loud during Taekwando... oops! Anyways,

STATS

Weight: 20 lb

Will evolve next: Two days

For today:

Sorry for not posting. Today Jerry has done nothing but eat scones and icecream. I have been doing homework so he’s been neglected for a bit. “Games! Play games with me!” -Jerry

“Fine, what’s 4x - 8 = 2y ? And graph it.” -Me

*silence* - Jerry

“See? Just wait until I’m done!” -Me

Here are his stats for today:

STATS

Will evolve next: Tomorrow

Are you guys still here?

Sorry for the silence! I'm actually off schedule on one of my courses (although it might result in disorganization and not actually disaster) so I haven't been around here for understandable reasons. In fact, I think last week or so was probably pretty boring for Sotilde as I had to read 55 pages. Just when I thought things were going to be a bit more lively for her, we were back to the old drill of being housebound. Well, that's the life of a student. I've been dreaming up allot of potential sketch ideas for Sotilde as with the current anime we've been watching, Death Note, I realized one of the characters (Mello) has a similar hairstyle to Sotilde, so I ought to draw the two together. I also thought it would be fun to draw fan art of Sotilde with various anime characters as that would be pretty illustrative of her life, considering we do allot of things together.

I'm probably going to disappear for awhile till... mid December? Things have been pretty disorganized so often I'm not in the right state of mind to log.

@UMR - It was so sweet what you said about me being a tamagotchi god :lol: I suppose allot of my log probably answers your question about how I did it, as not allot happens in my life so I can keep tamas out pretty much all the time. I've paused Sotilde a few times - usually for an hour - but in general she is so low maintenance there is no need to pause her when I'm out and about. If I was working, however, I'm not sure if I would be able to do the same, although she only really needs a 10 second check ever so often. I actually told Papa Ballad about Sotilde's age when we were driving home from ESL two Mondays ago, and I pretty much got the same reaction as you did XD I guess only we tama-folk can actually understand age records. If you're still up for making a topic about Sotilde - currently 527 - it would probably go into the "What's On Your Mind?" forum as the New section is more for announcing what Bandai's doing.

I hope your little guy lives for a loooooong time :) ^_^

Latest posts

Back