Marching Band

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naaah. Trumpets don't have removable bells. o_O That would be kinda freaky, though.

And that cleaning method wouldn't work... too much water can damage the instrument. Using plain soap won't help it's condition, either. :mimitchi:

Actually, trumpets have a water key, just off the tuning slide. You open the key and blow in and all the... "water" comes out of the trumpet. I don't tell the kiddies what that water really is. :mimitchi:

Is anyone here in Marching Band? I am! Next year I'll be a sohpmore (10th grade) and I'll be in my second year of Marching Band! Last year I played the flute in it but this coming year I'm play piccolo! Yay! I'm so happy I'm pretty good at the piccolo too =)
So...are you in Marching Band?
I'm only in 7th, so there is no Marching Band, but as soon as I can I want to join.

That's really cool that you play flute and piccolo, because I do too! I looove the piccolo. It's soo fun to play. I have to say I like it more that the flute. =]

But, I might actually play trumpet, because my mom knows someone who will give me one, I might just play it for Jazz Band though instead, 'cause I don't wanna give up piccolo.

Naaah. Trumpets don't have removable bells. o_O That would be kinda freaky, though.
And that cleaning method wouldn't work... too much water can damage the instrument. Using plain soap won't help it's condition, either. :p

Actually, trumpets have a water key, just off the tuning slide. You open the key and blow in and all the... "water" comes out of the trumpet. I don't tell the kiddies what that water really is. :eek:
Aww. =( I'm sorry *Smacks self* I guess that only works for trombones... I'll delete that post by editting it. :D No soap will help. XD

That was funny when you said "I don't tell the kiddies what the water really is." xDD I wouldn't tell a kid either..O_O

That would be weird for a trumpet to have a removeable bell like the Trombone O_O.

I don't own slide oil, yes I know I need it, but my parents would never buy it for me... Now, i'm not saying that Slide oil is like 100$ O_O.. They would Never bring me to Music and Arts Center... T_T I also need key oil and new pads for my Flute, but that would never be done..

Your so smart w/ instruments! :D My bd says i'm quite smart, I don't know a lot about maintence though... :eek: I'll edit that post, it'll be for Trombones only :D I don't wanna ruin any ones instrument...

Lets say this; Your smart w/ Maintence, I'm (Quite)Smart with instruments. :D

Thanks,

RT

[SIZE=8pt]Cool! I'm in Band and I play the Snare drum for marching![/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Cool! I'm in Band and I play the Snare drum for marching![/SIZE]
Coolio. :3 Percussion sounds like fun. :furawatchi: But I love my Trombone and Flute. <3

And that cleaning method wouldn't work... too much water can damage the instrument. Using plain soap won't help it's condition, either.  :D

Actually, trumpets have a water key, just off the tuning slide. You open the key and blow in and all the... "water" comes out of the trumpet. I don't tell the kiddies what that water really is.  ^_^
[SIZE=14pt]The "water/spit valve" is at the end of my slide... It always gets on my leg or my shoe. xP You have to lock the slide, put your hand on the brace,stand up,hold key and blow... [/SIZE] :D Pretty easy huh?

And I had this FREAKY dream about Trumpets yesterday!! o_O

Believe it or not: I thought the water valve for trombone was....A Bb Key... xDDDD Becuase its called "Key of Bb Tenor Trombone"... So I was wondering: How can Trombonists reach the key for Bb??? xDDD I'm so stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Band Camp starts in less than a month D= I'm not really looking forward to it. Turns out they WON'T let me play piccolo!!!! >=(

Well Band Camp starts in less than a month D= I'm not really looking forward to it. Turns out they WON'T let me play piccolo!!!! >=(
[SIZE=14pt]:^O Thats soooooooooo sad! =( I can't play trombone for summer band.[/SIZE]

Why can't you play trombone for summer band? There are trombone players in my marching band.

Why can't you play trombone for summer band? There are trombone players in my marching band.
[SIZE=14pt]Because I am still learning. Summer band for me is like...Concert band...xD But less annoying. In some schools, you accepted by your playing(Ex: A piccolo player who played thier instrument for 2 years may not get into band)! I think thats silly! ;O So... You can only play Flute for M. Band? After a few months(Excuse me, a few years)i'm gonna ask my dad for a Cello or a Piccolo... or a BASSOON!!!=0[/SIZE]

I really want to play Sousaphone for marching band...! *_*

[SIZE=14pt]Because I am still learning. Summer band for me is like...Concert band...xD But less annoying. In some schools, you accepted by your playing(Ex: A piccolo player who played thier instrument for 2 years may not get into band)! I think thats silly! ;O So... You can only play Flute for M. Band? After a few months(Excuse me, a few years)i'm gonna ask my dad for a Cello or a Piccolo... or a BASSOON!!!=0[/SIZE] 

I really want to play Sousaphone for marching band...! *_*
Well this year I can only play it, but in concert season the band director said there was a possibility that I CAN play piccolo! Plus I know I can play it next marching season! Counting this one I have 3 marching seasons left so there's plenty of time!

N, I play violin.
But someday I think I want to play flute. I think I can do both o_O

I'm too young right now, (6th grade) but maybe when I am older.
You're not too young. I started playing the flute 4 years ago when I was in 6th grade.

Speaking of 4 years ago... someone put the BEST show EVER on youtube. My school's 2004 field production. Scenes of Trepidation and Tranquility. 2002's show, Niagra Falls, is also there, but... I don't really like that one..

Here's the 2004 show --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIbV6oO4beg

You're not too young. I started playing the flute 4 years ago when I was in 6th grade.
Speaking of 4 years ago... someone put the BEST show EVER on youtube. My school's 2004 field production. Scenes of Trepidation and Tranquility. 2002's show, Niagra Falls, is also there, but... I don't really like that one..

Here's the 2004 show --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIbV6oO4beg
I meant to young to play 2 instruments. xP

Ooooh ok. But you're never 2 young to be able to play 2 different instruments. But for some people that'd be alot of work memorizing fingerings and embrochure for each octave. D=

[SIZE=14pt]your not too young. I play two instruments. Plus Violin and Flute use the same clef, so it will be easy. [/SIZE]

Plus flute is a very fun intrument to play. I remember I hated it when I got to 8th grade because I wasn't very good. My parents forced me to take marching band in high school and now I became awesome at the flut and have moved up to piccolo ^^

Plus flute is a very fun intrument to play. I remember I hated it when I got to 8th grade because I wasn't very good. My parents forced me to take marching band in high school and now I became awesome at the flut and have moved up to piccolo ^^
[SIZE=14pt]I want to play Alto Flute in Highschool. [/SIZE]

We can play advanced winds in HS. Like...Alto Flute,Tuba,Sousa(Marching only xD),Alto Clarinet....And others.

If I want a alto flute, I'll have to buy a entirely different flute.... (I hope I can buy it on my own... Or my dad will let me buy a new instrument...Or rent.)

Alto Flute is a Advanced Flute, You need to learn Flute first, like any other instrument.. Ex: Oboe to Eng. Horn, Clarinet to Alto or Bass Clarinet, Alto sax to Bari/Bass sax.

I good at Flute, so I want a challenge, I want to buy a headjoint/ complete model so I can get used to it in HS.(In case if the embrochure is different like Flute from Piccolo) =3

I hated it too... Wanna know why? The case.. I am SO STUPID. Now, I love it. =D

PS: If I can play Alto Flute for Marching, I'll just play Tuba for fun. =3 Or I hope theres Jazz band, then I could play Alto flute...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back