Marching Band

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool :] Maybe my school will offer it. It's funny, because band and orchestra always rival each other, so I'll be the nuteral one xD
[SIZE=14pt]Maybe, but If not, it doesn't hurt just to play it for fun. n_n[/SIZE]

I want to play the Cello or the Harp. =3

I always want to play the large instruments,. :|

[SIZE=14pt]I want to play Alto Flute in Highschool. [/SIZE]We can play advanced winds in HS. Like...Alto Flute,Tuba,Sousa(Marching only xD),Alto Clarinet....And others.

If I want a alto flute, I'll have to buy a entirely different flute.... (I hope I can buy it on my own... Or my dad will let me buy a new instrument...Or rent.)

Alto Flute is a Advanced Flute, You need to learn Flute first, like any other instrument.. Ex: Oboe to Eng. Horn, Clarinet to Alto or Bass Clarinet, Alto sax to Bari/Bass sax.

I good at Flute, so I want a challenge, I want to buy a headjoint/ complete model so I can get used to it in HS.(In case if the embrochure is different like Flute from Piccolo) =3

I hated it too... Wanna know why? The case.. I am SO STUPID. Now, I love it. =D

PS: If I can play Alto Flute for Marching, I'll just play Tuba for fun. =3 Or I hope theres Jazz band, then I could play Alto flute...
Alto flute? Isn't that the flute with a curved head joint for people with shorter arms?

If so don't most little kids start out with that? I could be wrong though....

Anyways I've never seen anybody play alto flute. Well, on youtube yeah...

Alto flute? Isn't that the flute with a curved head joint for people with shorter arms?
If so don't most little kids start out with that? I could be wrong though....

Anyways I've never seen anybody play alto flute. Well, on youtube yeah...
No. Its a advanced wind. It isn't for short arms... xDD It does have a curved headjoint.

Most people would probably use a straight headjoint. I'm not sure if they do use them for kids...You can't learn alto flute if you don't know how to play Soprano flute... xD And theres no such thing as a Soprano flute with a curved headjoint. If you go onto "Jupiterwinds.com" you can see what they look like. You need to learn Soprano before learning Alto,Bass,Contrabass or Double Contra. ;3

I believe they only make Contrabassoons and Bassoons for people with small hands... o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back