Moonlight War

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medina... I like that name!

"Yes. My sister's hair is fairer than mine though. She's a beautiful young woman, so I feel awful about her condition. She can't go outside very often, she gets easily exhausted. She has a hard time doing normal things, and her life is very dull. I often wish I could take her place, just to see her smile like she did before." He sighed sadly, pushing his tea away, not even noticing Scott's flirtations. He always felt sad when he thought of his sister, locked away in their fancy townhouse.

Marie grinned and took Gale's face so he was looking at her. She started kissing him again, before tackling him into their seats. She giggled wildly, then kissed his neck. "Well, I can tell this is making you... uncomfortable to say the least," she hissed, glad that the place was less occupied than before.

It has a bad ring though with Samantha, I think. Thats just me though xD

Scott frowned and set his tea cup down on the table and pushed a string of hair behind his ear. He reached a hand out and placed it on Will's own hand, his eyebrows furrowing. "Don't be saddened, deary. You look as if you are about to break. Drink some more tea- this is a place of joy, Wilheim. Don't be so sad- she can at least proudly say her brother is like a knight in shining arm. You care for her a lot and I doubt she'd want to see you fussing at a time like this." He sat up a bit and patted Will on the cheek before picking up his and sipped from the tea cup again, his own expression slightly worried looking.

Gale's jaw dropped and he didn't return the kisses. "My, Marie. Eat your food so we can hurry on back to your dorm. This is... Surprising." He grinned dumbly before pushing her off of him with little force and sat back up. "Let us calm down now, love." He was red up to the tips of his ears but far from unhappy.

I think it sounds good! Samantha Medina.

Will tried to smile, but it was pained. "Well... she was engaged for a while, before she got sick. Once her illness really kicked in, he dumped her for a more... scandalous woman. I suppose it's hard to find joy when the person I love most can't feel anything anymore besides sadness." He chewed his lip anxiously before going back to sipping his tea. "I... I think you should know... I want a friendship from our encounters. I'm not interested in men, but I feel that you and I could be very good friends."

Marie grinned with satisfaction, pleased that he reacted the way that he did. "Whatever you say, my darling." She kissed his cheek, then turned to eat her food. However, she was far from finished with him. She let one of her hands rest on his leg, rubbing it gently. Now she knew she had him at her mercy. She usually wasn't the dominant one in their relationship, but it was actually fun.

Not with my middle name xD

Samantha Marie Medina. It sounds stupid to me.

Scott's eyes widened at the mention of the engagement and betrayal and rolled his eyes. "Men can be such pigs. I'm sure your sister is a lovely woman and will meet someone who excepts her body's challenges. True love does conquer all, I think. The man just wasn't worthy of your sister's affection. And don't worry, I can tell you are straight. I am bisexual but I rarely act upon feelings for anyone- I am not one of romance even if I have such high strung ideas of it. How about you- you've got to have some pretty girls you find interesting. I'd advise you to not like any women here- most are men as well. They like cross dressing though- for me this is just to hold me over for now. This place is a lovely atmosphere but some of these men are total perverts. I'm sorry being flirtatious before- I will not lie, you are handsome. But a friendship would be lovely."

Gale glanced at her hand and puffed his cheeks out once more. "Don't make fun of me for being a bit of a prude. Please don't break me down right now." He looked at her shyly before looking back at his food. "You have too much power over me sometimes, you know? And this is coming from a man who never listens to anybody but himself. Not Azazel, Not my parents, not the government. No one. Yet here you are, molding me like clay. This sucks."

It sounds so exotic! I love it!

Will said, "Well, I honestly am not very experienced with women. I'm a very old fashioned gentleman, to be perfectly frank. I believe it is always good to be chivalrous and to respect women, and to be polite. I'm usually very shy when it comes to courtship. I don't have the time for romance right now, though." He chuckled slightly, then sat his cup of tea aside with a smile. "What about yourself?"

Marie giggled and said, "Exactly. You're usually the dominant one of our courtship. But I must admit, I do like knowing I can make you desire me." And believe me, you are far from a prude. I just wanted to make you squirm." She giggled again, then continued working on her meal, wanting to go back to her dorm as soon as she could. She really did love Gale. "Gale... I just wanted to remind you that I love you so much."

I feel like Marie is what throws the rhythm off probably.

Scott flushed a bit and averted his eyes once more in that girly manner of his. He began to trace the rim of his tea cup as he sat in silence for a few moments and thought to himself. "Honestly, I've never had much of chance with love and courtship and things such as that. I sort of keep to my own, honestly. I don't have many friends and don't talk much to people, really. I'm kind of nervous at times around people. Man or woman, I get intimidated. I'm pathetic but performing on stage gives me a surge of confidence like none other. I love the thrill- its the only time to be someone different. Not be the real me, well not including the dressing as girl part. I don't know if I'm old fashioned myself- I'd be a hypocrite since my orientation isn't really old world. But I do value some of the principles in a gentlemen courtship. Yes, I am a romantic. But I don't know how to show it so I stick to reading stories of chivalry and the like." He took another sip from his tea before slowly looking up at Will.

Gale smiled fondly at Marie and put an arm around her. "I love you very much, Marie. I always have and always will. You're much more playful than I would have ever expected you to be, but I know you mean well. I'd be d*mned if I let this war ever get in between us. I could never succumb to something like that. I can't stay away from you. Never will be able to, I'd say."

If only slightly. I still think your full name sounds pretty.

Will said, "Well, I am sure that a kind soul such as yours will easily attract someone. Besides, you are an attractive person, I will say that, and I'm sure other people see it as well. Someday, I could see you being in some of the professional theater companies in this city. They are the best on the world, so I've been told. You should audition for some of their shows. It would mean you don't have to hide who you are anymore."

Marie sighed adoringly, then gave him a brief kiss before finishing her food. Normally she wasn't a fast eater, but his request that they hurry to get to the dorm had made her very impatient. She wanted some private time with Gale, where they could just be who they wanted to, without having to worry about what everyone else would say. "Gale... I never want to be away from your side."

Thank you ♥

"I'm honestly not much of an actor though. That's the only issue." Scott sighed and then cocked his head back, his long wavy brown hair cascading down. "Thank you for the compliment but not many people try and approach me. I'm still flattered you were so persistent to meet me." Scott giggled before sitting normally again, his hands folded in his lap. "It's a shame, really. But whatever happens will happen." The last part was more mumbled to himself but he shrugged it off. "Tell me more about yourself, though. I mean really about you and you alone. You're a curious person."

Gale chuckled a bit and patted Marie on the back. "Slow down a little- I don't need you to choke. And I'll always be by your side. I have been for these past few years and will be for all the years we've got ahead of us, my lovely Marie."

No problem! It's better than my name, IMO.

Will said, "Well... there's honestly not much to tell when it comes to my life. I was a soccer player throughout school... I was also a cello player in the orchestra. I prefer the country to the city, in all truthfulness. I plan on moving back to the country with my sister once her condition gets better enough for her to travel. I'm a spring person more than summer or winter, but fall comes in at a close second. Why am I a curious person?"

Marie giggled and said, "Well, I must eat with some slight urgency, darling. I want to spend as much alone time with you before I'm shipped off to the countryside until graduation." She sighed solemnly.

I think Rebecca is a really nice name though.

I always wished my name was Rebecca when I was younger.

Scott listened intently and nodding his head along. "I think you are curious because you are foreign and are surprisingly kind. Its not often that a soldier is kind such as yourself, really. Most of the time the men in uniform are my worst nightmares. Plus you are a beautiful man as well with such pretty hair. I feel as though you don't exist." He giggled before smiling brightly and standing up. He wasn't particularly tall- he could have only been 5'7 at most. Scott tugged at the bottom of the kimono to keep it from riding up and then reached up and touch a charm that was slightly crooked. "Of course I am too short! But that charm is bad luck in such a position..." He pouted a bit and hopped up, trying to knock it into place.

Gale frowned a bit. "Why do they ship you into the country, anyway? Is it for safety or something? I hate all of these bombing risks. Such a useless war if you ask me. I'd never fight in such a display of idiotic behavior. This is all the d*mned vampires faults. Especially the Orzos, the greedy family they are. I hated it whenever they visited Azazel's hut- such high and mighty cocky useless spoiled brats they are. Bah, I could care less for the Vampire Kingdom. But for now I will stay with you, of course. But hear my warning- watch out for vampires in the country side. The poor ones tend to stay there and they are desperate."

I like the name Rebecca. It's just... I don't think my name sounds so good all put together.

Will laughed and said, "You must not have met many kind soldiers, then. I promise you, there are many men like myself. It's all a matter of finding them." He watched as Scott struggled to move the charm, then got up from his seat to help him. He was over six feet tall, and could easily reach high places. "Here. I can fix that." He reached up and placed the charm correctly before sitting down once more.

Marie said, "Yes, it's for safety's sake. The bombings here have become too frequent for us young ladies to stay here safely. So we are being sent to the countryside to a boarding school, so we may finish our classes." She sighed softly, staring at her empty plate. "I'm going to miss you," she whispered, wringing her hands. "And I'm going to be so worried about you. Please, for me... promise not to get into any trouble?"

Do you have a middle name?

Scott's cheeks went warm once more as he watched Will stand up straight and fix the charm with no problem. "Th-thank you. You're such a tall one, yeah? I've always been the runt of my family. It's kind of sad but hey, what can I do about it?" He smiled brightly and twirled a bit in the kimono at a customer who was walking by and greeted him. "I'm one of the more popular people here. I'll never understand it." He shrugged before going to sit down but his foot sandal ended up getting caught on the mat. He let out a squeak before falling down on Will by mistake. "I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!" He covered his face and shut his eyes in anticipation of getting hit.

Gale's gaze softened a bit as Marie shared her feelings. He pulled her closer to her side and rested a head on her shoulder. "Do you still have the orb I gave you years ago to communicate? We can always use that to stay in touch, Marie. And look at me- I promise to avoid trouble. I can't assure you it won't avoid me, but love... I will do my hardest to keep myself away from whatever may harm us. I swear. Now let us go pay and then we go back to the dorm and spend time together. I want it to be special."

Yup. I sure do.

Will caught Scott with ease, then set him aright gently. "Hit you? Why would I do that? All you did was stumble, no harm done." Will brushed off his clothes and smiled faintly. "I'm not easily angered, and even if I were angry, I would not use violence against you." He sat down again and motioned for Scott to sit as well. "Now, that charm I fixed. What sort of a charm is that supposed to be? And why is it bad luck if turned in a different way?"

Marie looked up at him and gave a small nod, before placing a kiss on his forehead. "All right," she murmured, starting to smile. "I believe you." She called the waitress over so they could pay for their meal. Marie sent a farewell wave to Scott, then got to her feet and started to leave, her hand in Gale's. She still felt nervous about their separation. It wasn't like the school in the city, where Gale could simply walk to and meet her. It was much farther, and the rules were much stricter.

Is that what throws your name off? Because I think that usually does it.

Scott rubbed the back of his head and then looked up at the circular pendent. "It's origins are unknown to me, really. I suspect it comes from somewhere in Northern Europe. It is there to ward of people without any type of normal person. It keeps the humans out for our safety with the war going on. The rings on it represent the different levels of spirtuality. The smallest ring with the X across it represent ordinary human life, who have the weakest connection to the other side. Each ring goes up a level- witches and wizards are the fourth ring. The seventh ring are those who contact the dead- mediums, foretellers. Its a spooky thing, really. Naturally it is too be powerful and humans cannot touch it, but it can also be used against us for it was purchased by an older witch. One not as kind as Azazel. She was greedy and didn't want to give the charm up- she put a curse on it without us knowing. Everytime it goes crooked, which is often, the barrier around the restaurant will break and each time we get closer to bringing back the dead if the issue isn't handled properly. Its a really strange thing but I have seen it happen. The owners are from somewhere in Europe, most likely the inhabitable parts where the snow kills all life."

"I promise you that we'll be together. It isn't as long as it seems, I swear. And Azazel most likely has a door there. She has doors everywhere... There is a spell that can transport you to the hut. You could act as if you are going to shower and then end up coming to see us. Its difficult but it can work. I don't encourage you to use it frequently though. We don't need to get caught since this place will be stricter. Stupid old people."

Well... It's Rebecca Pauline Keith.

Will nodded with interest, but looked a bit puzzled. "I'm just a regular human though. So how did I manage to get in here? I don't have any special powers or anything like that..." He looked concerned, his eyebrows furrowing nervously. "Is there some sort of charm or curse on me?"

Marie walked beside him towards her dorm, then snuck up into the building to let him in through the balcony. She leaned down and motioned for him to climb up, giggling childishly. "I think that's a wonderful idea," she murmured when he was close enough to hear her. Then she dashed back into the bedroom to change clothes. She was going to make this night as special as possible for the both of them.

I don't think it has a bad ring to it or anything. It just sounds kind of old fashioned.

Scott's jaw dropped and he began to back away. "Are... Are you one of them? There... There's no way you- Will, have you ever experienced anything strange? Like... It's possible that some spirituality flows in your blood. You might be a descendent of a witch or possibly medium. It isn't uncommon for that to happen. But... If you are a part of the army of people trying to make the magical go extinct, you aren't welcome here. Please... Don't be one of them. They killed some of my friends during a bombing recently. Please..."

Gale smirked a bit and hoisted himself up and over the banister of the balcony. "Call me in when you're done, love." He dusted off his pants before resting against the wall of the dorm, his eyes closed. He began to hum as he waited patiently for her to finish.

Yeah. but it's kind of cool, in a way. Vintage.

Will looked confused. "Um... well, I am a part of the army, but... I don't necessarily support it, if that's what you;re implying. If I did want the non-humans to go extinct, do you think I would have visited here so many times without ratting you out? In fact, if I had wanted to get rid of you, I could have done it when I walked in. I could do it now. But I'm not. I'm not that kind of person."

Marie slipped into a sheer, short nighty, then came out of the bedroom and examined Gale calmly. Her curly hair was down, something she rarely did, and her face was clean and fresh. She couldn't help smiling at him, listening to him hum. "Are you sure the musical abilities of your family skipped you, darling?" She said softly, leaning on the door frame. "I know that song, and even when you hum, you have the pitches perfected."

Awwwww yeah.

Scott looked a little frightened still but he chose to avert his eyes once more. "Why... Why are you in the army then? The whole army is enemy to my kind, Will. If you... If you don't agree to the killing, why are you here? How... How did you get into this place? You would have been spirited away if you were a normal human. You really are a curious person. But... But right now I want to cry. This... This isn't normal. At all." Tears began to fall from his green eyes and he quickly covered his face. He really did look womanly but this just made it hard to believe he was a guy at times. "... they want to kill me. They want to kill my friends. They want to kill my family. They want to kill everything I've ever known. They want to destroy us all." Scott managed to keep himself from sobbing into his hands but he did make a little groan of displeasure that he couldn't ignore.

Gale laughed a bit and wrapped his arms around her. "No sucking up- I'm decent but not great. I'll leave the music to Scott- I'm here to me. And hold you, of course. But thank you for the compliment, Marie."

Yuppers. I love how it's old fashioned, really.

Will said, "I was in the army before this war started. I joined when I was fifteen, because I want to serve my country. And you can't just up and quit the army. They tell you when you retire, they tell you what fights to battle. Five years after I joined, the war began. It was countries fighting against each other then, not hunting a scapegoat. I ended up here so I could be stationed near my parents and my sister. And I'm not the only one who doesn't want to kill non-humans. Don't make generalizations." At that point, he began to look irate. "And I could easily ask why you're here, you know. Why you're dressed as a woman, why you tricked me and crushed my heart. But I don't. Because I know that you don't mean any of what you do. I trust that you're a good person." With that, he got up and walked away, throwing his money on the counter before heading out the door.

Marie giggled, then walked over to her old school record player and put on some romantic music. She walked over to him, taking his hands and placing them delicately on herself. "Dance with me," she murmured, making it sound more like a question then a command.

I think it sounds like a nice name~

A lot of the people in my family have Italian sounding names, too.

I think Italian names have a musical sound to them.

Scott's eyes went wide and he stood there, stunned for a moment as he watched Will's retreating back. He didn't... He didn't know he would upset him. That was more of his inner anxiety over the war setting in. None of that was meant to be directed at Will personally- he was just shocked! Scott wiped his eyes and then bolted after the soldier, ignoring everyone trying to call him back inside. "Will! I'm sorry, really!" When the blonde was in sight he jogged to him and grabbed onto his sleeve with a loose grip. "Please, don't go. I'm sorry... I didn't mean to upset you. Its just... There has been a lot of bombing lately. None of that describes how I feel about you. I really do like you, Will. He put a hand on the taller man's cheek before chewing on his lip. "I'm really sorry... You are a kind man. Really. Don't go. Please." He leaned up and pecked him on the cheek before letting go of his sleeve. "But... But if you want to go, I can't you know, stop you. It isn't... It isn't my place and..."

Gale nodded and took her hands in his. "Of course. I'd love to dance." He began to guide her along gently, twirling here and there. "You look beautiful, Marie."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back