My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've felt the sense of disappointment from watching something everyone's raving about only to find out it doesn't live up to the hype, so I feel like I understand what you're saying.

Unfortunately, a lot of anime titles outside of Japan either get horrifically edited with bad dubs or overshadowed by more popular series no matter how well-respected they were in their home country.

For example, a few months ago, I came across a series called Mawaru Penguindrum. I was pretty skeptical at first, but after realizing that it was directed by someone I admired, I decided to give it a go, and by the first episode I was hooked. The art and animation was wonderful, it had a gorgeous soundtrack, and had all sorts of quirky characters who I couldn't help but fall in love with.

Somehow, for whatever reason, it failed to gain a large audience and was looked over in favor of other mainstream, mediocre series which I thought were way more inferior.

Sometimes I come across blogs and fanart of Mawaru Penguindrum, but aside from that, it was generally rare to come across another fan, which kind of sucked because it meant that I had no one to gush about it with. \:

Keep in mind though, that popularity and quality aren't the same thing. Sometimes, popular shows are popular for reasons other than quality, so when you watch something expecting it to be well-plotted, engaging, and cleverly written, you end up being bitterly disappointed. Obviously, it can go the other way around too, with a high-quality series being surprisingly ( and sadly ) unknown. You don't need newspapers, the internet, critics, or a booming fanbase like MLP to tell you how good or clever something like the Tamagotchi! anime is. You know it's a good show already, and although it may not receive the same attention as MLP as least you and the other fans on TT are there to give it some much-deserved love, right?

To be honest, yeah, you have a lot of good points there, and I agree with you.

Yeah, for me, MLP is a overrated show. Very overrated. I'm not saying it is bad, but when I first heard on the Internet that people were freaking out over this show, I had some high expectations.. After all, if everyone on the interent was exploding over this show, then there has to be something good in it, right? Well, all I saw was a cute kids show. Nothing special to me.. It's passable for kid's entertainment, but it really isn't something I'll watch every week.

Now, for the tamagotchi anime.. Yeah, there are only a few members who seriously watch it on both tamatalk and Tama zone. I'm heavily involved with the fandom, as I'm the one who finds the new episodes when they are online and share them with everyone. A while back though, if was hard to get the episodes because the website that uploaded them, nosub, only updates shows if they have a decent amount of views or watchers. After some hard work, I was able to get a lot of Japanese fans to watch the show on there.. So, yeah, that worked out in the end..

Still, it makes me sad, Tamagotchi is one of the highest rated children's cartoons in Japan, while everywhere else, it's practically unknown.

Is My Little Pony an overrated show? Yes! It most definitely is! But it is what it is, and the fandom loves it's overrated TV show.

I can see that you are really passionate about the Tamagotchi anime, as you said you are a major part of distributing it for others to enjoy. That's awesome! I have great respect for you for being so active in the fandom. Me? When I get into a fandom I just watch the show/read the comic/book... and then maybe draw some fanart (that I never share xD). So to hear that you are so involved is something I deeply envy. :)

hey guys yo

anyway ahHHHHH SEASON THREE???????? i went to comic-con so i got to see the crystal ponies clip and the twilight song clip and omg it looks like this is going to be a really great season fjffdlkf'dff

My favorite episode is 'The Secret To My Excess'

I love how Spike keeps trying to grab things and Twilight is just smacking his hand.

You make me want to go watch more pony. Curse you. (Like that is hard to convince me, lol)

Sunny Daze, turn white and sunrise colors.... Not this... Niiiuuuu.

I guess I have some episodes to watch.

Forget Halloween. Forget Hurricane Sandy. Forget everything. I'm counting the days until season 3.

125033-animated-jumping-pinkie_pie.gif

I'm so excited :3

Excuse the double post but I can't edit the previous one so...

omg that premiere was awesome!

Though I think my expectation for it was a bit too high. But I still enjoyed it.

but omg there were so many Gak commercials im

tumblr_mdajhdtajv1r7xstxo1_500.jpg

but yeah the eps were cool

Celestia and Twi doing dark magic omg best

Though I wish Sombra did more then he did in the ep. :T

8/10

#DAT PREMIERE

Okay. Pinkie dresses as a spy.

RD and Fluttershy have a jousting match.

Twilight and Spike take a level in bad***.

Everypony becomes a Crystal Pony. ( only temporarily, but still freaking Crystal Ponies )

King Sombra: Didn't do very much and felt kind of undeveloped as a character, especially compared to Discord and Queen Chrysalis.

Probably my least favorite of the MLP villains, and the fight seemed a little anticlimactic.

Part one: 8 / 1o

Part two: 1o / 1o ( I still enjoyed it a lot and might watch it again! )

So my two best friends and I are all Pegasisters, one of them gets the Hub, so last Friday we had a Season 3 sleepover party. So in the morning, we all watched the premiere together and recorded it, so we ended up watching it three times. :p I wish King Sombra got more screen time though, felt like he only had three lines. Other than that... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol36GzaO3gc GAKGAKGAK.

I'm like 1 or 2 days late saying this but oh my goodness that movie. just yes. And then near the end when Rarity was the one to sing the song to Twilight I just started shipping them and I don't even know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back