Never Good Enough

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doggiedreams

Reaction score
Okay...I have this feeling...that whatever I do...isn't good enough.

Take math for example. In Cali, I was always at the top of the class. In Texas...I feel...stupid. I still get 90s...but it is so below everyone else. My friends get 97-99 averages. And me? I have a 91. It just feels so weird...like my best isn't my best.

But this is what really gets me:

Next year I'm going to high school. I'm taking 3 out of 4 possible honors courses. My mom wanted me to take all 4, despite the fact that the counselors told us numerous times that it would be waaay too much to handle.

So, my mom asked one of her friends who lives in Cali about what classes her daughters took. Apparently, one took all 4 and the other took all 4, plus Honors Spanish. I don't know what it's like over there. Neither does my mom.

But I feel...compared. Like I'm not as good as them. I won't be as good as them. Ever. It feels...weird. It makes me sad.

I need help. But don't tell me to tell them how I feel, because I could never do that. I need a way to cope with this...just mentally. For my sake.

I actually really know how you feel. You don't need to compare yourself to other people, you are a cool person I can tell. And a 91 is still and A and looks the same as a 97 on paper. 91=A 97=A So who cares? And it's actually a good thing to be surrounded by smart people (even ones you think are smarter than you) because in the end you will come out smarter than when you first came in. Besides you sound like you are doing really well compared to most kids your age.

Yeah I agree, tama_angel_lover.

A's are very good, and you are doing very well. It would be different if you were struggling though, which you definately arent :)

And there is always room for improvement.

Very often people are better at something than you, but remember there are some things you are better at than them :p

It just feels as if nothing I do is good.

I'm not comparing myself.

Others are comparing me! I need to cope with that.

I have the same issue as you. Last year, my average in school was 98. This year, I have a 94. That is horrible for me! I used to be smart, and now I'm just average.

The best thing you could do for your grades is just to study hard and think of how much you are unhappy with your grade. Read everything carefully and try your best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back