NINTENDO! :D

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft and Sony are using "gimmicks". Nintendo is innovating to add to the game experience. For instance, the 3D on 3DS allows for the player to sense more depth within the game, and this makes it easier to dodge projectiles and such because the distance between you and far off objects can be more easily judged. Kinect and PlayStation Move are gimmicks, because they're trying to compete with Nintendo.
Competion =/= Being a gimmick

Microsoft and Sony are using "gimmicks". Nintendo is innovating to add to the game experience. For instance, the 3D on 3DS allows for the player to sense more depth within the game, and this makes it easier to dodge projectiles and such because the distance between you and far off objects can be more easily judged. Kinect and PlayStation Move are gimmicks, because they're trying to compete with Nintendo.
I think the only thing sony riped off was the playstation Move and Microsoft rips off EVERYTHING Its ture ;^)

I've played Nintendo since the day the original NES was released! While I wouldn't consider myself a "fanboy" by any means, I appreciate their unique approach to gaming. I consider Nintendo to be the "underdog" of gaming, not always the most powerful or up-to-date system, but instead focusing on the quality and timelessness in their titles. Super Mario 3 is my favourite game - I'll never grow tired of it! In fact, I have a little Nintendo museum right behind by desk in a small open cabinet consisting of every major Nintendo system release.

I really like nintendo <3

I actually did a report on Japans gaming industry and a large part of it was nintendo history. Best B+ I ever got in high school LOL.

My mom actually found my old game cube in the closet and is going to be sending it to me soon! My husband and I are stoked LOL.

-Purn

Nintendo I like, a lot, and it saddens me to know that the 3ds apparently isn't doing to well.

I do really like the more retro stuff so the new gba gb and gbc ports make me happy. i would own a 3ds now but it would have been a reward for good grades and my report card hasent come, its 3 months late, seriously. NOT COOL.

I think the only thing sony riped off was the playstation Move and Microsoft rips off EVERYTHING Its ture ;^)
True, I actually don't have as much of a hate for Sony as I do for Microsoft, but PlayStation Move is practically a direct rip off of nintendo. When I was a kid I played a lot of PlayStation and PlayStation 2, and I did enjoy it. Never really like Microsoft that much, though. When I was a kid I played Halo a bit with my dad and I liked it for a while, but i soon got bored of it, and to this day i still don't really like first person shooters. Sony does pi** me off these days however with their CEO trying to insult Nintendo to make them look better. And he shouldn't be talking because with the way the PS3 was selling, they're not gonna be able to release the PS4 anytime soon, whereas the Wii U will be released next year.

Nintendo, however, is undoubtedly my favorite for all time!

True, I actually don't have as much of a hate for Sony as I do for Microsoft, but PlayStation Move is practically a direct rip off of nintendo. When I was a kid I played a lot of PlayStation and PlayStation 2, and I did enjoy it. Never really like Microsoft that much, though. When I was a kid I played Halo a bit with my dad and I liked it for a while, but i soon got bored of it, and to this day i still don't really like first person shooters. Sony does pi** me off these days however with their CEO trying to insult Nintendo to make them look better. And he shouldn't be talking because with the way the PS3 was selling, they're not gonna be able to release the PS4 anytime soon, whereas the Wii U will be released next year.

Nintendo, however, is undoubtedly my favorite for all time!
If you think the move is a ripoff of the wii, then you clearly don't understand how it works. It's far more like EyeToy (Which happens to be BEFORE Wii, by quite a while) with a remote, even if it looks similar, Move works much better. I've played with a Wii and a Move, and I can safely say while the Wiimote feels clunky and harder to control than the Move. Also: Wii U is hardly the equivilant of a PS4, more like the equal to PS3 (and only 6 years late! Good job Nintendo!)

If you think the move is a ripoff of the wii, then you clearly don't understand how it works. It's far more like EyeToy (Which happens to be BEFORE Wii, by quite a while) with a remote, even if it looks similar, Move works much better. I've played with a Wii and a Move, and I can safely say while the Wiimote feels clunky and harder to control than the Move. Also: Wii U is hardly the equivilant of a PS4, more like the equal to PS3 (and only 6 years late! Good job Nintendo!)
The Wii U is not equal to the PS3, and although Nintendo didn't make the transition to HD nearly as early as Sony, the Wii U graphic capabilities are better than the PS3's. I don't know all the technical stuff, nor do i care to go look it up right now, but it's true. The PS4's graphic capabilities will probably be better, however I don't see Sony releasing it anytime soon due to Sony's situation as of now. And I did never say that the Wii U was equal to the PS4, however it's considered the next generation of consoles, with the Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 being this generation, and the GameCube, PS2, and Xbox being last generation. The Wii U, PS4, and Xbox 720 will be the next gen.

And I understand the EyeToy did come out before the Wii, however I'd never even heard of it until someone else brought it up on another topic, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. Obviously the Wii was much more successful. And Move came out after the Wii, so it's not much of a surprise that it works better, however Wii also came out with the Wii Motion plus to improve the Wii remote controls.

nintendo rocks!!!!!!!

sony and microsoft fanboys can go away
i'm actually so happy you said this, because i think some people are missing the point. If you see a topic with "Nintendo" in the title, don't go there and try to say that Sony and Microsoft are better. You know why? Because the topic is about Nintendo, and that's what's meant to be talked about. Plus, everyone will hate you if you say bad stuff about Nintendo, because everyone else on the topic is a fan of Nintendo.

And also, who's super excited for Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land, and Sonic Generations? Just thought i'd help get this topic back on track.

I love love love Nintendo!

By far my favourite. xP

I haven't bothered to read back on the old posts, but it seems like Cave Johnson says the Wii is like the EyeToy if I read correctly? Actually, I really don't think they copied it, as the EyeToy is actually a camera, while the Wii is just two remotes. What about Kinect? Thats pretty much the EXACT same thing as the EyeToy, is it not?

And yes Playstation Move copied the Wii, how could it not have? The Wii came out first, and now all of a sudden this new playstation move comes out, almost the EXACT same.

Thats just my thoughts. Correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

But aaaaaaanyyywaayy~ I'm really hoping to get the 3DS for Chirstmas or my birthday! x3 I think that's really what everyones waiting for, hopefully they'll sell well around Christmas time!

And yes Playstation Move copied the Wii, how could it not have? The Wii came out first, and now all of a sudden this new playstation move comes out, almost the EXACT same.
Same Concept.

Sony used different technology though, and their's is more acurate (several thousand times so)

Same Concept.

Sony used different technology though, and their's is more acurate (several thousand times so)
Yeah, that's because it came out LATER (not sure how much later, but i'm not looking it up now bc im in school...). Why is that so hard for people to understand? The Wii was the first console to do this, so obviously it wouldn't be perfect on the first try, you know? sony just copied it and improved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back