Obama vs. Mccain

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am NOT an American but I would have to be on Obama's side.
It would end the wars and all innocent soldiers and their families would be re-united.

Homosexuality gives people the freedom to be who they want to be, they have the chance to fall in love the same way as straight people do.

Abortion would be legal! Nobody but the lady who is pregnant should decide whether she wants to keep the baby or not. Her body, her life, her baby - her choice.

Oh, and in case you are wondering: I AM a Christian.
I agree with you, like completely.

tama 3445521508, I GET IT. But I agree with my family.
Fine, we get your point of view on this...but you should expect as an obvious minority in this civil debate you should be expected to see others disagree with you. Plus your original approach was offensive. Please try to remain respectful when disagreeing with other's views as we don't need anyone attacking anyone.

I'm already shaking my head at this topic from the get-go >_

Im on obamas side because i think we are in desperate need of a change...im also a democrat (or however u spell it lol) Mcain agrees 90% with bush and what has bush done? Kill troops? Start wars? Spend billions of dollors? So what are YOU??
I agree with you on that.

I have one question though, and it might sound pretty stupid but here it goes: Does Obama hate homosexuals? Because my friend's mom heard it on the news and so they aren't voting come November.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't stand Barrack Obama. Besides, he's a democrat. My family is on the republican side. So of course I'm going for McCain. He's the better choice the way I see it.
And another thing, he's racist. For 20 years, Obama went to a church with a pastor who said racist things about white people. Then he makes up a ridiculous story about how "he didn't know" Give me a break.

And another thing, he's racist. For 20 years, Obama went to a church with a pastor who said racist things about white people. Then he makes up a ridiculous story about how "he didn't know" Give me a break.
As I've already stated, unless you got sources/proof to back up your statements and facts about politicians, I suggest keeping gossip out of this topic please.

My family is for Obama. Originally my mom was for Clinton and my dad for Obama. But when Clinton was eliminated we went for Obama. I really like Obama's ideas about how we should change. He is not for war. In 2004 He didn't vote for war but Clinton did and so did Mcain. He will stop the war. I also don't like abortion. Well actually I don't even care. I dont like it nor do I dislike it.I really don't care. If Obama is for it, good for him. Mcain is just like Bush with the war. I had 8 years of Bush. I do NOT want another 4 years of him. Just like someone else said. Yes I made my point.

Definitely Obama. :D :D Most people explained why they support him and I agree 100% percent with them.

I agree with you on that.
I have one question though, and it might sound pretty stupid but here it goes: Does Obama hate homosexuals? Because my friend's mom heard it on the news and so they aren't voting come November.
No, I thought Obama was the opposite he was for homosexuality. i think....

Well, you shouldn't just go along with your family. think for yourself.
Would it truly be good if someone who couldn't afford to take care of themselves, had a baby?

what would happen to the baby?
A woman, should haver her own choice in life, not her boyfriend/husbands,her father/mother or the public. Mothers choice NOT the publics'.

You are right. The baby could die if the mother didn't have food. (Lets say her boyfriend/hubby leaves her..Then what?)

I want Obama to win..But then I want McCain to win. Tied in the middle of two. :|

I haven't read the whole topic [i don't feel like reading three pages] and although I'm not a total political junkie, I'm would never ever ever want Obama in the white house.

Imagine this, a baby is being aborted in the legal time frame and is in the third trimester. For this sort of abortion they basically induce labor and the woman bores the baby as a still birth. Sometimes the baby is born still alive. Nurses would leave the baby to die even though it would at this point be possible for the baby to survive outside the womb. The baby could live from anywhere of 45 minutes to 8 whole hours. He OPPOSED a bill that protects the babies that were supposed to be aborted but were born alive saying it would just complicate the mother's choice.

Even if you are pro-choice, I think that most of us can agree that's infaticide - the baby, through induced labor born alive then left to die. That's just monstrous in my eyes.

He also supports that a minor does not have to have parental consent upon getting an abortion. I'd like to ask Mr. Obama what would he like if one of his daughters got pregnant before she turned 18 - would he not like to be consulted?

He's made other radical statements such as he "wouldn't want to punish a woman with a child". Are you joking?

There are soo many things wrong with this guy but no one cares to point such things out or make them a big deal. This guy scares me to death. Plus, if he REALLY wanted change, he wouldn't have picked a guy that's been in Washington for however the heck number of years.

Someone tell me just THREE THINGS this guy has actually done. Just tell me that because no one has been able to tell me what he has actually done besides write and speak.

Imagine this, a baby is being aborted in the legal time frame and is in the third trimester. For this sort of abortion they basically induce labor and the woman bores the baby as a still birth. Sometimes the baby is born still alive. Nurses would leave the baby to die even though it would at this point be possible for the baby to survive outside the womb. The baby could live from anywhere of 45 minutes to 8 whole hours. He OPPOSED a bill that protects the babies that were supposed to be aborted but were born alive saying it would just complicate the mother's choice.
When abortion was illegal many women tried 'do-it-yourself' abortions because they had no other choice. They and the baby often died pr it left the mothers traumatised and seriously injured.

It would be better to have it legal and have one thing that has not and experianced any life to 'die' than have a woman and the ''baby'' die.

You are entitled to your choice to not have an abortion so why shouldn't another lady be entitled to have an abortion?

When abortion was illegal many women tried 'do-it-yourself' abortions because they had no other choice. They and the baby often died pr it left the mothers traumatised and seriously injured.
It would be better to have it legal and have one thing that has not and experianced any life to 'die' than have a woman and the ''baby'' die.

You are entitled to your choice to not have an abortion so why shouldn't another lady be entitled to have an abortion?
I'm sorry but i do agree. Some women may be against abortion but others may not. I agree maybe Obama should have parental consent, but still.

Tigerlily, here is just one of many links discussing Obama's connections to a radical preacher. It was BIG news when it came out a few months back, but he downplayed it all so well that you don't hear much about it presently. :/ Any search relating to "Obama radical preacher" will give you lots of results. lol

Page Link

I'm with Obama. The thought that McCain can win scares me. Why? I'm so anti-war. And besides, what if McCain died on the job? That would mean Sarah Palin would become president - and man - that would hurt our country.

I don't think this country should elect a man that copy and pastes things from Wikipedia in his speeches, sorry. ._.

...that means McCain.

PS: And as for the abortion rights, I agree with Obama. Listen. It IS possible the baby would be the mother's stupid mistake in the first place, but what if she was raped? And besides, it's her life.

I'm with Obama. The thought that McCain can win scares me. Why? I'm so anti-war. And besides, what if McCain died on the job? That would mean Sarah Palin would become president - and man - that would hurt our country.
I don't think this country should elect a man that copy and pastes things from Wikipedia in his speeches, sorry. ._.

...that means McCain.

PS: And as for the abortion rights, I agree with Obama. Listen. It IS possible the baby would be the mother's stupid mistake in the first place, but what if she was raped? And besides, it's her life.
LOL mccain does? im watching him right now and it sure sounds like it -_-

Abortion- I do choose life but if the women was raped i guess its okay..but the idea makes me sad :[

Homosexuel marriage- I think its fine..you should marry the person you love..im not homosexuel but if i was in a world where you were supposed to be gay i would sure hate it if i wasnt allowed to get married.

I can't stand Barrack Obama. Besides, he's a democrat. My family is on the republican side. So of course I'm going for McCain. He's the better choice the way I see it.
Me too. Obama says he's for change.

Well I'd take no change to bad change.

He even faked his birth certificate and this huge thing is going on about how he faked it and he could possibly not be allowed to run for president.

If you can't trust him for that,

how can you trust him to be president?

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Seriously. I just don't understand why he's come this far.

There's so many issues I disagree with. I watch the news like every day.

I disagree on every one.

He even said babies are punishment.

So think before you vote. Really.

I personally find Obama to be to inexperianced. On his biography, it says "Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney". Apparently [not saying it's true] the biggest thing he's organized was a pingpong match or something. I highly doubt it though, but if true, wow.

Not only that, his interviews are horrible when he doesn't have a speech set up right infront of him. I heard him on this radio broadcast, and he stt-ttutters like mad. I would provide an example, but I don't remember the station. I know that shouldn't be a factor, but I would rather a president who can think on the spot in quick situations.

I do think that Obama has the right idea, and a heart that truely wants to make America better. But seriously, his views change every minute. First, in October 07, "Decisions about [gay] marriage should be left to the states." But back in 06, "Opposes gay marriage; supports civil union & gay equality." It makes no sense. He opposes gay marriage, but is in favour for equality.

Also, picking Joe Biden as a running mate was a good and bad idea. Good, for no negative publicity about the guy, not a lot of people know who he is, unless you're in tune with Washington politics. Bad, for no publicity at all, unlike Mrs.hockey mom Sarah Palin.

For more examples, click here. https://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Barack_Obama.htm

Now, on to McCain. I have a problem with his pro-life policy, unlike Obama's way to find a middle ground. Abortion is a touchy subject, but no one has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body. I could go into full view about this, but that's being off topic. There's a few more issues I'd like to bring up, but I don't have much time. https://www.ontheissues.org/John_McCain.htm

What I like about McCain, is his consistancy.

NOW, Sarah Palin. McCain picked her as his running mate, and she seems to be getting good feed back. But what I hate about her is all this media attention she's getting. GET OVER IT ETALK, her glasses are NOT trend worthy, she's a political VP, not a drunken celebrity. I think why she's getting good feedback is due to the fact a lot of women can relate to her- her "hockey mom" reference, pregnant teenage daughter, having a child with Down syndrome, etc. This, should have NO effect to the election, but of course, IT DOES. People will vote according to the media attetion, and that is why McCain and Obama in my opinion, are neck and neck. I was watching CNN last night, and one woman liked Pain, saying "the white house is full of old men, having Palin will refresh America with her youthful spirit". If I find the exact quote, I will post. Judging the election on age is the stupidest thing. Sure, personality draws in positive views, but if you have noreal eye on the issues, you should not be voting.

Example of lol media attetion on Palin. -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVndk47caco...QrApzYyzl5UXrRc

Honestly, I'm stuck between both. But America will decide. I am Canadian, and not able to vote, but I hope America makes a good choice.

I'm not meaning to turn this into a Roe vs Wade debate [that can be saved for another thread or a pm discussion] but here's my reply to the "they'll do it unsafely anyway".

First of all, yes, I understand it would still go on but abortions have sky rocketed since it's been turned legal. It wasn't just those who did it anyway now can do it safely. See for yourself : https://www.abort73.com/HTML/I-D-8-anyway.html

Plus it undermines that these babies are human. Yeah, pregnancy is tough and there are many situations that make it tougher but how can we say 'this isn't a person'? At the moment of conception they have a new DNA sequence different and unique from the mother's. By 8 weeks we have all our organs we need to live in place. Though still connected to the mother's, unborn babies have their own circulatory system and they aren't just blobs of tissue and the people who carry out abortions know that.

Should we make murder legal simply because they'll do it anyways? What about the elderly and the disabled? They 'won't have a good life' and can't live on their own, should we kill them off because they can be a hassle?

I think ALL life is meaningful and that's worth protecting.

Again, let's try not to bring this thread down with simply this issue of right or wrong so let's either start another thread, pm me or go to www.abort73.com for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back