Old ladies...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inSANE

Reaction score
So, I was at Walgreens on Friday, because one of my neighbors has a part-time job there and he drives me home from school at the end of his shift (he is 20 or something and he used to baby sit me, I am now 14). I go to a private high school that is 15-20 minuets away from my house by car. The Walgreens is five minuets from my school by foot. So I was sitting behind the checkout counter, in the cornor chewing gum and reading a music magazine, and I wasn't wearing my school uniform because it was free dress day. All the employees were stocking the shelves or at the pharmacy counter. This lady, who was very old, had her grandson with her and was trying to get photos from her one-time use camrea. Her grandson yells in my direction, "Hey get over here." I ignore him, thinking he was talking to someone else. Then the old lady walks up to the counter and yells at me "Don't ignore my grandson, get your scrawny little but* over here and help me figure out this dang* thing. I stand up and streach (sp? I'm tired) up to my full height ( a wopping 5'3) and polite tell her "I'm sorry ma'm I don't work here, I am waiting for my neighbor to get done with his shift here so he can drive me home, but there are some employees in the asiles, I am sure they would be willing to help you." The lady tells me to stfu and help her. I told her that I could get an employee but she refused and kept yelling at me. I tried to remove myself from the scene and she grabbed me and started yelling about how my generation had no respect for their elders. At that point I got really scared and was about to yell for someone ( I know some of the people on that shift) when luckly my neighbor comes and clams the lady down. What do you think about this situation? I think it was really rude of the lady since I tried to be polite, but you may think diffrently.

Just a little,

inSANE

*= curse word replaced

That was awful!

She shouldn't talk to anyone like that - not even employees.

If she wants respect she has to earn it. And yelling at people is no way to earn it.

[SIZE=14pt]Ooh Tree. [/SIZE]

She sounds mean && Crazy. .___.

Maybe from now on wait outside? It depends on how old you are(And I'm sure we all know not to go into strangers cars...).

Well if your friend can have a part time job he's atleast 15? (That varies from state to state. And store to store, you have to be atleast 16 to get a job at petco here in NJ)

You weren't mean. If she saw that you don't have the Walgreens uniforn, she shouldn't have asked you.

If this happens again, try getting the manager or a staff worker to help. I mean get the person and walk them over there.

What a jerk, I'd be like lady, the the heck out of my face.

she has no right ot grab you either, I would have like slapped her, jeese..

Hopefully she won't come back and bother you again.

Oh geez. D;

That was a bit disrespectful of her, wasn't it? :(

So, I was at Walgreens on Friday, because one of my neighbors has a part-time job there and he drives me home from school at the end of his shift (he is 20 or something and he used to baby sit me, I am now 14). I go to a private high school that is 15-20 minuets away from my house by car. The Walgreens is five minuets from my school by foot. So I was sitting behind the checkout counter, in the cornor chewing gum and reading a music magazine, and I wasn't wearing my school uniform because it was free dress day. All the employees were stocking the shelves or at the pharmacy counter. This lady, who was very old, had her grandson with her and was trying to get photos from her one-time use camrea. Her grandson yells in my direction, "Hey get over here." I ignore him, thinking he was talking to someone else. Then the old lady walks up to the counter and yells at me "Don't ignore my grandson, get your scrawny little but* over here and help me figure out this dang* thing. I stand up and streach (sp? I'm tired) up to my full height ( a wopping 5'3) and polite tell her "I'm sorry ma'm I don't work here, I am waiting for my neighbor to get done with his shift here so he can drive me home, but there are some employees in the asiles, I am sure they would be willing to help you." The lady tells me to stfu and help her. I told her that I could get an employee but she refused and kept yelling at me. I tried to remove myself from the scene and she grabbed me and started yelling about how my generation had no respect for their elders. At that point I got really scared and was about to yell for someone ( I know some of the people on that shift) when luckly my neighbor comes and clams the lady down. What do you think about this situation? I think it was really rude of the lady since I tried to be polite, but you may think diffrently.Just a little,

inSANE

*= curse word replaced
:(

Woah. Our generation has no respect for old people? More like old people have no respect for our generation!

(But most old people are lovely! :( )

did you tell your parents? you should

she disgusts me to no limit

People these days > :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just cause she's from the era of drinking teaand wearing dresses and making woman seen and not heard doesnt make her better than us. Tell her "Sorry, but im not helping. you cant force me to do something"

Personally I would have snapped and screamed back. If she didn't stop gripping me I way start shouting she was attacking me (which technically she was). Treating people like that can actually get her banned form the store. As for our generation disrespecting theirs, excuse I don't like being put with everyone else. (also her grandson was very rude to you too)

An old lady did that? The story sounds a bit unlikely buuuut...

Why didn't you do anything about it? You should've have at least told her off. And told an employee at the store that this lady was harassing you. Since she has absolutely no right to curse at you like that let alone put her hands on you!

And old people wonder why they get no respect.

o_o Seriously, what the cluckery? I really hate it when oldpeople do that and think they can get away with it because they're old.

If she does it again, I have an epic line for you. And it's good. I use it mentally on all the old people I hate. -has no guts- (ew.)

"I am happy to respect my elders, but not elderly children."

Woah crazy old lady!

Thats like, scary!

EDIT: Did you happen to get a peek in her purse or cart or something to see what meds she was overdosing on?

Even if you weren't quite as pleasant as you said, that lady was horrible! Usually, older women like that can be quite pleasant.

I wish I was there, I would have threatened to call the police if I saw her doing that to you. She could have been charged with disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct or assault if she touched you. There was another charge in my mind but I forgot :ichigotchi:

You didn't deserve any of that.

I can see how that could have shaken anyone up. :hitodetchi:

Thats wrong! People say have respect for your elders. You did. Respect should swing both ways... ;) I would have been like Whoa! Get your paws off me your crabby old fart XD Not really though...

Oh mah lawrd.

That's awful! I would have just ran to one of the workers and tell them about her. I believe she can get charged for doing that to you. I would have been quite shaken up myself if it happened to me.

But good job for being polite! ;)

Oh...wow. :mellow:

Our generation having no respect? Uh, I think the grandma's generation needs a little help. :D

Anyway, that was very wrong for her to do that to you. I believe you can get charged for doing that to a child.

I totally would have screamed and spazed out to make it seem like she was trying to bite me or something. But to avoid the situation I probably would have been hidden farther away from the counter. I would have either walked far away, or if I was feeling strong and stupid I would have told her off.

I totally would have screamed and spazed out to make it seem like she was trying to bite me or something. But to avoid the situation I probably would have been hidden farther away from the counter. I would have either walked far away, or if I was feeling strong and stupid I would have told her off.
I would of done the same thing. Yell or something to get someone's attention. Did anyone see this happen?

Her and her grandson were probably spoiled

their entire lives and got whatever they want...don't worry, there are

people like that. That was very rude of her, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back