OldSchoolTama's Virtual Pet Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
February 23-24, 2011

TMGC+C

I checked the weather just before Mai went to sleep because I wanted to see what the night sky looked like and to my surprise, it was a clear, starry night out! I proceeded to earn the happy item involving the shooting star by using the telescope. It took me 8 tries (this is actually good; I’ve had to do more tries :p ). Hooray! Wow, I haven’t seen a clear dark sky since maybe November (since it’s typhoon season September-October and I think it started snowing around the beginning of December).

IMG_3349.jpg
IMG_3350.jpg
IMG_3351.jpg

When Mai woke up, I ventured outside with her to see what the weather was like (our tree sprouted up a bit!) and we were met with a steady downpour of rain. Slowly getting there! I decided to take her to the temple to get her fortune. Mai received a "great blessing" (red)!

IMG_3352.jpg
IMG_3353.jpg
IMG_3354.jpg

Osutchi and Mesutchi

After all that time spent awake, and some time spent asleep (I altered the time so that they could sleep a few winks and then changed it to 8:59 AM so that they could “wake up” naturally), I again selected the mating icon on both. They’re both ready to get married, since they were both doing the dance, with the little tune in the background.

IMG_3355.jpg

So when they both get excited like this, while the dance is happening, one is supposed to remove the tops of each Tamagotchi, revealing the jagged, interlocking edges (looks kind of like a cracked eggshell), and press them together fully (not too much pressure is needed). One then presses the B button on Osutchi (the male) and the dancing stops momentarily and then “OK” shows up on both screens, signaling that the connection was successful. To continue, the B button is pressed again on Osutchi and they both proceed to do this very coordinated, somewhat synchronized dance. I wish I could describe how cool it is through my words but I think I’d better show you in a video. >>>CLICK HERE

I decided to wait to do this because I will be seeing my boyfriend tomorrow after all my exams and 10 hours of class >.

So my friend finally got back to me about the iD and gave me more information about the one she’s selling. She has one in pristine condition, including the box, instructions, everything. She has the pink one though. Of ALL colors available, she has the pink one! :p Oh well. I don’t hate the color by any means but as I mentioned in my first post, I try to avoid it as much as I can. She’s offering $60 for it. I was hoping for something more along the lines of $50-55 but I suppose it’s fair considering she purchased hers for around $80 (and they’re anywhere from $80-100 on Ebay) and I purchased my TMGC+C from her, actually, for $48 new-in-box, so the $60 would make sense because it’s typically priced at least $15 higher than the +C. Enough with the numbers and my complaining, I’m getting an iD! ^_^ As always, I’m later than most everyone else in purchasing some of the newer versions. :D Now I have to contact some of my more tech-savvy friends and see if anyone has one of the compatible phones or a PSP that I can borrow. I want to avoid buying one online as much as I can. I have heard that the iD is pretty fun even without all the custom stuff though and I am a pretty simple person (I’m still in love with my +C). Overall, I’m really looking forward to this! By the way, what is up with Ebay prices lately? I don’t remember +Cs being $65 (or more) about a year ago (unless I’m missing something here). Oceans too! Devils showing up for over $300?? O.O

Well, I’m playing the catch-up game again. Be back in a bit with the rest of my updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
February 24, 2011 (continued)

TMGC+C

I knew that not much was going to happen for Mai on this day, except that she was to evolve into a teen later, so I just spent the day doing various things I haven’t done with the +C in a while and take pictures, like visiting the playground, the amusement park, the theater, and played around with the “C button” animations. Mai evolved into Chamametchi in the evening. I think I'm going to shoot for Lavuzukintchi (which will involve at least one care miss during the teen stage, since she's a middle-care character), since I've already gotten Memetchi and Marotchi (the other odd-generation female characters) in this log so far.

IMG_3362.jpg
IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3366.jpg
IMG_3368.jpg
IMG_3369.jpg
IMG_3367.jpg

Mai: "Hehe, yep. That was me in the movie." :p

IMG_3377.jpg
IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

It was another clear night.

Osutchi and Mesutchi

No changes with Mickey and Minnie on this day, as I wanted to wait until the long day was over on Friday the 25th before I connected them.

Oh boy, what a week. I just finished a huge first wave of exams (I tackled medication administration and pharmacology yesterday) and performed swimmingly, to my great pleasure. :) It felt really good to sleep in a bit this morning and just lounge around in bed with my laptop while listening to music. The sun has been trying to peek out of the rain clouds all day. I’m just glad it has stopped raining and that there’s some natural light coming through. I do hope to stay productive despite my temporary break (I have an internship application essay to write and I might take care of taxes) but for now, I’d like to keep going with my Tamagotchi updates. :D The following is an update for Friday the 25th.

February 25, 2011

TMGC+C

I’m sure you all know by now that Fridays are one of my busiest days ever. I don’t think I’ve ever had 10 or so hours of straight lecture in my entire life, not even when I was an undergraduate. Anyway, I was busy but I made sure to check up on Mai and make sure that she didn’t die on me. I think I did a pretty good job on keeping myself from getting a care miss. Since I’m aiming for Lavuzukintchi, a middle-care character, I should have no more than 3 care misses while she is a teen. I love how precise it is to get the characters you want on the +C. I didn't want to try for the care miss at school because there could have been a chance of me overshooting, like I did with my first-generation female, Sayuri. I wanted to wait until I had a chance to actually watch my +C (i.e., during the weekend) to get a precise number of care misses. Nothing out of the ordinary today and no pictures. The stars of the show today after class were Mickey and Minnie.

Osutchi and Mesutchi

After my boyfriend and I had dinner, I took Osutchi and Mesutchi and showed him what happens when they get married. If you didn’t get a chance to see it in my previous post, >>>HERE is a video of what happens. I feel like the process could be best described with that video. It's not my video, we just happen to have the same Osu/Mesu pair. :) I have some pictures of what happened on my end as well.

IMG_3383.jpg
IMG_3384.jpg

Just before pressing the mating icon and then Mickey and Minnie doing the dance after the icon was pressed (before they were connected though).

IMG_3385.jpg
IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg
IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg
IMG_3395.jpg

She's having the babies!

IMG_3397.jpg
IMG_3405.jpg

That's all for now. If I remember correctly, I think it takes a couple of days for the parents to leave the babies. I may just do some time manipulation to catch up with everyone in the Valentine's Day hatch (since I did pause my Osu/Mesu a few times due to my busy schedule) or I might just end the hatch with this. We'll see. Stay tuned! I will mostly likely have another update later. Thanks for reading! :)

I feel so behind on my logging. If it weren’t for the fact that I’ve at least been taking pictures in between log entries, I probably wouldn’t recall anything. There’s no room in my brain for Tamagotchi stats so I have to rely on pictures to jog my memory! XD Thank goodness for that. Anyway, unless I’m on a break that lasts more than a few days (i.e., spring/summer/winter breaks), I’m most likely not going to be logging on the day (or even on the day after) things happen, but at least a few days afterward, when I’m playing catch-up. :p In an ideal world, I’ve always envisioned myself doing bi-daily updates or once-a-day updates but it’s just not possible with my schedule. I hope you all understand. However, I hope to update about every few days so that it doesn’t all pile up. I tend to take lots of pictures. :D Anyway, I’m going to go ahead and pick up where I left off. By the way, I’m not running anything besides my TMGC+C at the moment. I do plan on running my Angelgotchi soon, just don’t know when yet.

February 26, 2011

Before Mai evolved today, I played around with things some more. First off, today was the day our tree sprouted to its full height. It was a tree with 3-D glasses, which only Gorippatchi and Memetchi can use. I found it really strange that when the tree grew, it didn’t twist upon itself like it did the last time the tree grew to its full height in the snow. I suppose my theory about it doing that because of the weather is wrong. Maybe it’s more of a random occurrence.

IMG_3398.jpg

Mai painted me a picture using her artist’s paint palette! She also tried (unsuccessfully :p ) to lift a dumbbell.

IMG_3412-1.jpg
IMG_3411-1.jpg

I also used the story book, which only Chamametchi & Lavuzukintchi can use. Interesting results!

IMG_3400.jpg
IMG_3401.jpg
IMG_3402.jpg
IMG_3403.jpg

We also planted a new tree outside.

IMG_3407.jpg

I purposefully made a care miss in order to get Lavuzukintchi. I managed to do it at around the right time too because shortly after the care miss happened, Mai evolved!

IMG_3415-1.jpg
IMG_3416-1.jpg

That’s all for the 26th! Be back in a bit for more updates.

February 27th, 2011

Looking back on the pictures, it doesn’t seem like much happened on this day. We went outside to visit our tree and it sprouted up a bit more. It was still snowing. I still had high hopes that the weather would improve very soon. In the meantime, Mai was set. She had been an adult for one sunrise already. I was just waiting for the second sunrise to come around so that I could bring her to the matchmaker.

I bought yet another virtual pet. Not a Tamagotchi this time, but apparently a Tamagotchi-like Mickey Mouse pet. I had heard a few nice things about this one and I’m a huge Mickey Mouse and Disney (“Dis-nerd,” as some would call it XD) fan, so I thought it would be cool to try it out. Plus, I got it for less than $5, so I was really happy about that! Looking forward to receiving it!

MickeyLifeGamered.jpg

February 28th, 2011

Why must I take so many pictures? Makes it harder on me when I’m updating sometimes. :p

Big day for Mai! Not even the rain could get her down.

IMG_3421.jpg

Before heading over to the matchmaker though, I played around a bit. As mentioned previously, Chamametchi and Lavuzukintchi both can use the story book, so I let Mai (as Lavuzukintchi) play with it. She turned into Little Red Riding Hood this time! The "Big Bad Wolf" made an appearance. XD

IMG_3422.jpg
IMG_3423.jpg
IMG_3424.jpg
IMG_3425.jpg
IMG_3431.jpg

We headed over to the matchmaker and Mai found love with Kuromametchi. They had a baby boy and I named him Jin. He evolved into the even-generation male toddler, Ahirukutchi, as usual.

IMG_3435.jpg
IMG_3437.jpg

In the evening, I went outside and the sky was clear with stars! Jin used the telescope and located another happy item, the shooting star. Shortly afterward, it was bedtime for Jin.

IMG_3450.jpg

Stay tuned...

Still catching up...

March 1st, 2011

Happy March! Jin woke up to this new item present in the living room. Thanks to some members over at Tama Zone, I found out that it’s a display of dolls in celebration of the Japanese Doll Festival on March 3rd. We went outside to check the weather early in the morning and were met with rain. Jin’s tree sprouted up. Another 3-D glasses tree.

IMG_3452.jpg
IMG_3453.jpg

Later that morning, Jin evolved into Young Mametchi.

IMG_3455.jpg

I decided to check the weather and was pleased to see that it was finally a beautiful day with puffy clouds. More happy items!

IMG_3458.jpg

Getting the heart-shaped cloud was easy enough but the others took more tries. I was in class at the time, so I went back to work without getting those last two items. I wanted to wait until I had more free time to try for those items. By the time I got home though, the sun had already set. Ah well, next time!

Small update on the new Tamagotchi iD front. My friend has finally e-mailed me back and we’re still trying to figure out the final quote including shipping to my place. She’s selling it to me for $60 but then she’s going to be adding on several more dollars for shipping unless she finds a cheaper means of shipping it out. We’re in no hurry and I told her I’ll decide what to do once I hear back from her again.

In the meantime, I decided to look around a bit. Ebay was out of the question because a lot of the iDs there are $100 or more. So I took a look at Hobby Link Japan to see what they had to offer. I saw this gorgeous blue and silver iD but it’s on backorder.

TamagotchiiD.jpg

Not completely out-of-stock, which is a good thing, but I may have to wait a while for it, which is fine with me. I decided to put in an order after e-mailing HLJ about it (they got back to me about my questions within the hour, which was fantastic). They told me that they have ordered more of the item but weren’t given an exact date for its arrival. I know this is how they work but…why would they not get word of an arrival date? Communication, people! :p Ah well. I was a little hesitant to put in the order because of its status BUT HLJ wouldn’t have told me that they’ve ordered more if there weren’t any more to order…right? Is there someone out there with a bit of experience with this? I’ve heard great things about HLJ but as it’s my first time ordering with them, I’d appreciate some reassurance. :) Other than that, once the order comes through, it’s going to come out to less than $60 total. I chose the SAL shipping option to save money because despite the long waiting time, I’ve heard good things about it and like I mentioned, I’m in no hurry to get one. Also, it’s blue! Nothing against the pink one that my friend is offering though. :D

Enough of my rambling! Stay tuned for more updates and thank you for reading!

March 2, 2011

Jin got the four-leaf clover and rainbow happy items, thus completing the happiness bar for the first time in several months due to the wintry weather. This unlocks the final menu selection under the door icon, which is a visit to the Gotchi King's castle.

IMG_3459.jpg
IMG_3461.jpg
IMG_3463.jpg
IMG_3464.jpg

I remembered that Young Mametchi had an item exclusive for his character (the aging box) so I decided to try it out. Not to worry, he changed back. :D

IMG_3467.jpg
IMG_3468.jpg

I took Jin to the Gotchi King’s castle in the evening to play the game. So upon entering the castle, a game can be played and one can earn up to 500 GP each visit by catching all the falling coins. I’ve already maxed out on the amount of money I can get but I wanted to snap some photos of what everything looks like.

IMG_3481.jpg
IMG_3484.jpg
IMG_3482.jpg
IMG_3483.jpg

Jin went to sleep at 8 pm. It was a quiet day overall.

Almost caught up...

March 3, 2011

Nothing much happened today, except that Jin evolved into an adult.

IMG_3489.jpg

Nemutchi again! Rats, I was hoping to at least get Shimashimatchi because I know I had at least one care miss. I hadn’t realized that I took such bad care of Jin. =/ Maybe next time.

March 4, 2011

Ahhh, Fridays. You all know the drill. :p This particular Friday was pretty busy. I had an exam in my health assessment class (which I got an A on :D ) so today and the days leading up to the exam were packed. No pictures today, as I was in class the entire day and after that, my boyfriend and I went out for our 49 months and settled down for a fun-filled night of Wii (Mario Party and Mario Kart). ^_^

I did it again. I bought another Tamagotchi. Darn you for tempting me, Ebay! XD As is the case every time I get a new virtual pet, I'm very excited for its arrival. I hope to log about this one in the near future but it might not be here for a while. My Pikachu pedometer pet has a new friend now. :D

Tamawalkie.jpg

Until next time!

March 5, 2011

I took Jin to the matchmaker, where he married Furawatchi. They had a baby girl and I named her Keiko, which means “adored one” in Japanese. I have no idea which character I’m going for this time around but I think I’ll start off with getting the “bad-care” teen, Ichigotchi. In all the time I’ve had my +C, I’ve never tried for her, so I’ll give it a shot. With my busy schedule, I suppose it won’t be hard (how sad, hahaha).

IMG_3492.jpg
IMG_3494.jpg

Since it was a beautiful day outside earlier today when Keiko was born, I decided to try for as many happy items as I could before Keiko evolved into a toddler. Couldn’t go for the shooting star until it was dark, after she evolved, of course. We also planted a new tree while getting all these happy items.

IMG_3495-1.jpg
IMG_3496.jpg
IMG_3498.jpg
IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg
IMG_3506.jpg
IMG_3510.jpg
IMG_3511.jpg

Keiko evolved into Sakuramotchi, as expected.

In other news, I’m still awaiting more news about my iD. Not quite sure when it won't be on backorder anymore. I just have to be patient. I kind of wish the iD L was still available for pre-ordering but at the same time, I’d like to learn more about it before I order one, if at all. They’ve already started showing up on Ebay, 3 times more expensive than what HLJ has. Ebay frustrates me sometimes. :p As always, thanks for reading and until next time!

March 6-9, 2011

So much for getting Ichigotchi. :p Apparently, I didn’t get enough care misses to get her, so Keiko evolved into Chamametchi on the morning of the 6th. Maybe next time. I apologize for not taking any pictures because I’ve been very busy and it’s not really anything you all haven’t seen already. :D

I didn’t keep track of how many care misses I got after Keiko evolved into a teen but apparently it was between 1 and 3 because she evolved into Lavuzukintchi after 48 hours on the 8th. Not much else happened with her after that. In other news, I did receive my blue Angelgotchi case from Japan, 15 days after it was shipped, via SAL. Very pleased about that. I wasn’t expecting it for at least another few days. It's so pretty, holding my blue Angelgotchi!

IMG_3514.jpg
IMG_3516.jpg

It was a quiet day on the 9th.

March 10, 2011

This morning, I took Keiko to the matchmaker and she married Shimashimatchi. They had a boy, whom I named Tatsuya. We're now on the 6th generation so he evolved into Ahirukutchi, as usual.

IMG_3524.jpg
IMG_3525.jpg
IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg
IMG_3532.jpg
IMG_3539.jpg

So recently, I received an e-mail from Hobby Link Japan pretty much reminding me that my iD is still on backorder and they can’t ship anything out until the item becomes available. -_- Well, yes, I knew this already. While it’s good that they’re keeping me in the loop, I wish they’d only e-mail me when they’re getting ready to ship it out. I don’t know. Am I being too optimistic about this? Sure, HLJ has put in more orders to Bandai for this item but what if there aren't any more? This is what it says about the one I’m currently looking at: “Yellow squares (which is what mine has) indicate items for which customers have been waiting 60 days or less” and “While this is no guarantee of availability, the chances of getting items like this in the short-term are better than for items with red squares.” Looks kind of promising, right? I’m still very much willing to be patient because like I mentioned in my previous posts, I’d like to save money and avoid Ebay at all costs and I'm very eager to get an iD but as it’s my first time ordering with HLJ, if anyone has any experience with backorders or can offer any general advice at all, please let me know! I'd appreciate it so much. :)

March 11, 2011

Offering my thoughts and prayers to everyone in Japan and the surrounding areas affected by the quakes and tsunamis.

Nothing much happened today with Tatsuya. He evolved into Young Mametchi this morning in lecture. Didn’t get a picture of him until later on in the evening, when he was sleeping. I just love the Japanese traditional style bedroom. :)

IMG_3541.jpg

I’ll report back in 48 hours when he evolves into an adult. I’m going to try for Kuromametchi or Shimashimatchi, of course, since I’ve already gotten Nemutchi twice in this log.

Still looking forward to receiving my other recently-purchased items: the Mickey Mouse virtual pet and Tamawalkie. I’m hoping that they both will arrive sometime next week.

I really would like to start up, and log about, my Angelgotchi (by request) soon but I probably won’t be able to get to it until next weekend. This coming week will be a very busy one for me (come to think of it, all my weeks are normally busy :p ): I have clinicals orientation, skills testing, an interview for an internship I’m really hoping to get and start this summer, a pharmacology quiz, and yet another exam in my health assessment class. Just listing it all out makes me feel a bit tired. :p Stay tuned…

March 17, 2011

I love today. Not because it’s St. Patrick’s Day (although it’s nice to observe the holiday, wear green, eat green cupcakes, etc.) but because it’s Thursday, one of those days during my week when I can just sleep in and lounge around all day. :D This week was particularly rough, as I had clinical skills testing on Tuesday and a big interview on Wednesday for a hospital internship that I’ve been eying for at least a year now. It’ll give me a lot of hands-on patient care experience so I’m really hoping that I get it! So I was fretting over those two things very much over the weekend. The week’s not over though, I’ve still got one more exam in my health assessment class that’s standing between me and spring break, but I know I’ll study and do my best. So please excuse my lack of updates lately. I’ll try and pick up where I left off.

Tatsuya evolved into Kuromametchi on the morning of the 13th, as expected. I let him play with his special item, which happened to be the electric guitar. He was flipping around, doing some fancy tricks (no doubt to impress the ladies :p ). Rock on!

IMG_3553.jpg
IMG_3556.jpg
IMG_3557.jpg

Tatsuya was ready to head off to the matchmaker on the 15th, but that was on the day of my skills exam and I had that big interview the next day, so I wanted to wait. By the time I got back from my interview on the 16th, he was already asleep (the interview was held in the evening, about 40 minutes from home).

I took Tatsuya to the matchmaker early this morning. He married beautiful Furawatchi and they had…drum roll, please…A BABY BOY! Finally, a boy on the odd generation! Only took 7 generations. :p I noticed this on my first ever TMGC+C run as well. Out of all 29 generations, there were only a few times where I got a boy on the odd generation. Why am I so excited about this, you ask? Well, it’s because I’m quite fond of Kuchipatchi and his alter ego, Patchiman. So I’ll be aiming for him by making sure to have between 1 and 3 care misses when he is a teen. I decided to name him Daisuke. He evolved into Kuribotchi. Gosh, I haven’t seen Kuribotchi in a while. Just look at his adorable rosy cheeks!

IMG_3570.jpg
IMG_3572.jpg
IMG_3584.jpg

Here he is, presenting me with a four-leaf clover. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

IMG_3603.jpg

In other related news, I received both my Tamawalkie and Mickey Life Game pet today, much to my pleasant surprise, considering they were both shipped at different times and from different countries.

IMG_3590.jpg

Opening the Mickey pet was easy enough, of course, but the packaging for the Tamawalkie was a different story. Loathe the Connection-styled packaging. >.). So I took my X-Acto (lifesaver!) and just cut an opening in the back flap at the top, just big enough to ease the instructions and the Tamawalkie out. I think I did a nice job of it and the packaging remains completely intact if I ever want to store the Tamagotchi.

IMG_3597.jpg

I love the way the Tamawalkie looks. I like this design the best out of the three and I was really happy to find one at a good price on Ebay (cheaper than I’ve ever seen so far anyway, for a brand new one). It’s smaller than I thought it would be, which is nice. Now my Pikachu pedometer has a companion. :)

IMG_3600.jpg

Anyway, both pets look great and are in perfect working order. I can’t wait to try them out!

I think I’ll take an updated picture of my virtual pet family over the spring break. It’s long overdue and I think (although I have been wrong before XD) that I’ve reached a plateau with my collecting at the moment. That’s all for now and thanks for reading!

March 19, 2011

SPRING BREAK! Here I am sitting in bed with my laptop, listening to music and the sun is coming out. Life is good. :) I ended up getting an A on my health assessment exam. Great way to start the break. Although I do have quite a bit of work to do over the break, it feels really nice to have time to recuperate at home, especially since I think I’ve got a little cold going on here. It’s not too bad, slight congestion and a scratchy throat. I think that after my interview on Wednesday at the hospital, my body just decided to let go, saying “well, I’ve held on for you as much as I could to get you through this week, but I’m done for now.” :p Maybe it was just stress or maybe I caught something at the hospital. Well anyway, I’m also looking forward to more time with my Tamagotchis over the break. Without much further ado, here’s a quick update.

Daisuke woke up at 7 am on the 18th and I hadn’t bathed him the day before. I don’t know if you can tell because Kuribotchi is already brown, but he’s browner in the picture. So cute. ^_^

IMG_3605.jpg

A couple of hours later, he evolved into Young Mametchi.

IMG_3606.jpg

Nothing much else happened for the rest of the day. I contemplated getting one care miss out of the way during the day, since it was a Friday after all, but I decided to wait until the evening for that. Goodness, he doesn’t look too happy, does he? :p So I cleaned up his poo and just left him like that overnight, since he called for attention right before his bedtime.

IMG_3609.jpg

This morning, Daisuke woke up not having a bath the day before, so I took care of that.

IMG_3610.jpg

I also fed the poor guy since I allowed one care miss overnight. He won’t evolve into Kuchipatchi until tomorrow. I’m looking forward to that!

In the meantime, I think I’ll finally get that Angelgotchi started up. I’m also tempted to start up one other Tamagotchi but I don’t know which yet. Maybe my Oden-kun. I’ve been watching a friend log hers and it seems like a lot of fun.

I will be back later with an updated picture of my collection. It’s been 5 months since my last picture and my collection has changed quite a bit. Right now, it’s time to eat. What’s that? Leftover sushi and calamari from yesterday? Don’t mind if I do! See you guys later! :)

March 19, 2011 (continued)

I finally have an updated picture of my collection! For those already opened, I did put them back in their packaging for the picture. I wanted every pet to look their best. :D The picture that you see in my first log post was taken in October 2010. I’ve since added 16 Tamagotchis, the Mickey pet, and several accessories. This is a lot, by my standards. I’ve come a long way from my first Tamagotchi, the transparent yellow P2 I bought back in 1999.

IMG_3614.jpg

I was happy that my entire collection fit into one frame. I did take 2 more pictures, one featuring my vintage Tamagotchis, the accessories, and the “odd” pets.

IMG_3615.jpg

The other picture features the modern releases that I have.

IMG_3616.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pictures! Questions? Comments? Let me know (via profile comment or PM, of course)! :)

I'm baaaaack. Finally! Wow, it’s been 3 weeks since my last entry. It’s going to take me a while to get up to date, so please bear with me. I won’t always have time to write but I do always make sure to take pictures along the way so that it would help me recall what happened. I started to write something on March 25th (as you’ll see below) but things just go so hectic that I had to delay my updates for the time being. I’ve finally finished off another wave of exams and other things so now I have more time to write. I’ll try and hit the highlights. Here we go!

March 25, 2011

Goodness gracious, I am so lazy! :p There’s quite a bit to tell too, so please bear with me as I ramble on. I do have a lot of pictures, per usual fashion. Here we go. Daisuke evolved into Kuchipatchi on the 20th, as expected. It’s so great to see this little guy again. As always, I like playing around with things so I started off by turning him orange with the orange juice in the snacks section (by feeding it to him 3 times in a row). Doesn’t he look adorable?

IMG_3621.jpg

I then used the Hero Set and he morphed into his alter ego, Patchiman! Baths have no effect on color changes brought about by foods but changing him using the Hero Set will change him back to his original color. Neat little feature.

IMG_3624.jpg
IMG_3630.jpg
IMG_3631.jpg
IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3626.jpg
IMG_3627.jpg
IMG_3628.jpg
IMG_3629.jpg

Here he is as orange Patchiman. :D

IMG_3635.jpg

To be continued…

Special shout-out to Fida for checking out my log. I'm honored that you would take the time to stop by. Thanks so much! :)

March 25, 2011 (continued)

First off, I’d like to mention that I’ve unfortunately decided to not run my Angelgotchi. I have a feeling I’m going to miss things like calls for praise and such and I’d feel bad for doing that. Even during the spring break, I’ve been incredibly busy. @_@ I will be even more busy as the break draws to a close this week. I have, however, received a request to start up my TMGO and I am curious enough (not to mention that I have never run one before; I’ve run my Angelgotchi many times thus far) to give one of my two a go.

Secondly, I know I mentioned that I’ve reached a plateau of sorts for collecting, especially considering how long it took me to prepare for (I enjoy making everything look pretty :D ) and take my latest collection picture but…I caved a bought a couple more. =facepalm= XD The first newest addition to the family is my Mame Game (special thanks to tamagotchi_freak06 over at Tama Zone) and my Marine Border Tamagotchi Nano. I got really lucky with the Nano because that particular design on Hobby Link Japan went out of stock very shortly after I ordered mine. I chose SAL shipping for the Nano so I’m hoping it’ll be here within the next couple of weeks. I received the Mame Game in the mail today. I tried it out and it's really entertaining! It's definitely a Tetris-like game.

IMG_3643-1.jpg

So here’s my blue TMGO! A fellow TamaTalk member surprised me and sent me a faceplate as a congratulatory gift a few months ago (thanks, tamame20!) and so I decided to pop it in. It features Mimitchi, my all-time favorite character, the background is blue (didn’t show up so well, that darn printer), and it says OldSchoolTama at the top. It's so me!

IMG_3652.jpg

I hatched my TMGO and out of the egg came a baby boy. It’s too bad that there’s no naming option but I give all my Tamagotchis names anyway. I decided to name him Darren. He evolved into Ahirukutchi after the standard baby stage hour. I stink at taking pictures when it comes Tamagotchis other than the color versions (I’m just out of practice, having run only my +C for so long) so bear with me as I keep on practicing. :D

IMG_3656.jpg
IMG_3657.jpg

The TMGO is okay. I’m sure this has been mentioned already but the sound kind of caught me off guard. It’s like the sound is rough and “broken.” Not at all like the typical “beeps” that I’m used to. I don’t really find the TMGO too fascinating at the moment, to be honest. I think it has to do with the color Tamagotchis out there. Once you play with those, there’s no going back. :p I think I’ve got to give it some time and try out all the figurines I have.

I’ll be back in a bit for more updating! Thanks for reading. :)

***My Tamagotchi iD L has arrived!***

I know I’m so behind with logging (my last update was made on April 9th about what happened with my Tamagotchis on March 25th :p ) but I just had to make a quick update because look what came in the mail today! This deserves its own immediate update. XD This is the first time I've purchased a Tamagotchi so close to its release date. I’m so happy that it’s finally here! What’s great is that it arrived today because I’m done with clinicals for the week and I’ve got a few days of rest before my long lecture day on Fridays, so I'll be able to get it up and running soon.

IMG_3924.jpg

I purchased it brand new for under $60 total, in my favorite color, and it only took 2 weeks to get here with SAL shipping. I was so tempted to open up the box right after I got home from clinicals this afternoon but I wanted to make sure that I was changed out of my scrubs, cleaned up, and all settled down before I got to open this gem. :) It really is more beautiful seeing it in person, though pictures of it are gorgeous as well.

I look forward to logging my iD L. I am running my TMGC+C as usual, my TMGO (I think I’m going to keep running this one but I won’t be logging about it), and my iD that I recently got in the mail (more about that soon). I also received a Tamagotchi Nano in the mail recently so I might start that one up as well.

I don't have as much to do this week so I’ll be making greater efforts to get my log completely updated very soon. Please stay tuned! Thanks so much for checking in! :)

Still in the process of catching up...

March 27, 2011

TMGC+C

Not much going on today with Daisuke. I’m really fond of Kuchipatchi (and so is my boyfriend XD) so I let him hang around for a while.

IMG_3642-1.jpg

TMGO

Darren evolved into Kuchipatchi, to my pleasant surprise. :) I hadn’t been taking particularly good care of him. Nonetheless, it was very nice to see him.

IMG_3668.jpg

I let him get up to 99 pounds and he turned into a chubby little guy! I have to admit, I panicked for a second there. I was like, what do I do to fix this?? Then I gave him some medicine, he pooped a ton in rapid succession (that was a new sight for me!), and all was good. :p

IMG_3670.jpg
IMG_3671.jpg

See how happy he is? I'm sure he feels great too. XD

IMG_3673.jpg

I'll be back for more soon…

Making progress with the catching up. Finally made it to April. @_@

April 1, 2011

Not much happened today with my lovelies. Daisuke had evolved into the Oldie Ojitchi in between my last entry and this one. As always, Fridays are really packed. So packed, actually, that when I finally got a chance to look at Daisuke in the evening, I was met with a startling sight. I had been taking care of him here and there throughout the day but there was a long stretch of time when I couldn’t watch him. Daisuke was sick but never had I seen him so sick before! I’ve heard tell of people rescuing their Tamagotchis from the brink of death so when I saw him like this, I knew this was the moment. I selected the medicine icon and instead of the usual medications, an ambulance came straightaway.

IMG_3694.jpg
IMG_3695.jpg
IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg
IMG_3698.jpg
IMG_3699.jpg

I liked how the ambulance bonked the black ghost away from Daisuke (couldn't get a snapshot of it on time) and how the little ghost couldn’t get in to the hospital while Daisuke was being treated. My guy turned up as good as new! So glad I caught him in time. I didn't want to have to start all the way over at generation 1 again. That's that, in case any of you were wondering what it looks like during that narrow window of time when you can save your Tamagotchi from passing away.

Darren is still a Kuchipatchi and like his big bro (before he turned into an Oldie), I let him stick around for a while longer rather than marrying him off right away.

In other news, I made a purchase today. Big surprise, right? It was too good to pass up though so I immediately jumped on this opportunity. I love being in the right place at the right time. :) Thanks to a member over at Tama Zone, I now have a blue Tamagotchi iD that is in fantastic condition. She gave me a great deal for it. I went ahead and canceled my order for the blue and silver iD from HLJ, which had been on backorder for 30 days since I placed my order. It's too bad that HLJ didn't work out but when one door closes, another one opens. :)

More to come soon…

I'm going to try and get through these next entries rather quickly so that I can get to the more recent iD L entries. I started up my iD L yesterday (April 20) and I am in love! :wub: Pushing on...

April 2, 2011

I took Daisuke to the matchmaker today and he and Otokitchi were married after a brief courtship. They had a baby girl, who I named Emi (“beautiful blessing”). Since this was a girl created by two Oldies, Emi evolved straight into the adult female character, Gorippatchi. No pictures of Darren today.

IMG_3703.jpg
IMG_3704.jpg
IMG_3710.jpg

April 3, 2011

IMG_3713.jpg

Enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Today was a relaxing day for Emi. Since she had already evolved into an adult, all we needed to do was wait two sunrises before she was able to go and visit the matchmaker. In the meantime, we took out her 3D glasses and played with them for a bit, since they are her special item. I loved the animations. :)

IMG_3723.jpg
IMG_3725.jpg
IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg
IMG_3728.jpg
IMG_3729.jpg

That's all for now...

Latest posts

Back