Pandora Hearts

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would join you in that, but I'm not allowed a Youtube account. D= You should get them to join here. :lol:

I'm sort of gutted at the moment though. Forbidden Planet (The people who my Dad ordered the mangas from) have just sent an email saying that volume one of Pandora Hearts was out of printy, so they had to refund us. D= However, in a miraculous turn of fate, we found it on ebay through a manga dealer. *YAYS*

[SIZE=2pt]Hopefully I should still get Gilbert on my bed anyway, no matter how this turns out. =D[/SIZE]

Oh, and here's the full version of the theme song. =D

Tama :furawatchi: Phantom

EDIT: Last night, I was thinking about the references to Alice in Wonderland, and the only one I can think of that links to Gilbert is "Why is a raven like a writing desk?". I am currently thumping my head against the desk for not working this one out earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never watched Alice in Wonderland so I only understand the general references:

-Alice

-Chesire Cat

-Will of the Abyss = White rabbit [my friend told me this one]

-Mad Hatter

-The idea of the Wonderland

Uh. Thats all I got.

Is it nerdy that I read the book just to get the references? xD

I made a little Pandora Hearts forum for the people of the nice little fansite I linked to earlier. Doing well so far. =D

More references you never knew:

Ada=Yes, her name is a refernece.

During one scene fairly early on in the book, Alice is trying to work out if she's become someone else, due to the fact she feels different. Just to quote the book:

"I'm sure I'm not Ada" she said, "for her hair goes in such long ringlets, and mine doesn't go in ringlets at all..."
I'll post some more when I can. =D

Tama :huh: Phantom

PS: "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" is an unanswered riddle that the mad hatter asks Alice.

I'm currently on the latest chapter, which is chapter 51.

And, dude. It's awesome.

The latest chapters confused me a bit, but I read them over and I understand them a bit.

EDIT; My birthday is coming up so I'm going to ask for a few Pandora Hearts things.

Its not nerdy at all. :]
So. I'm on, like, chapter 16....xD
You and me both...xD

Have a wonderful picture of Gil....=D

Oh, and Jae, I serious recommend you order the next volume of the manga when it comes out in October, because it has Break on the cover. I know this because they're using the same covers as the Japanese volumes. :huh:

Also, now I am totally hyper, I just thought...Wasn't there already a white rabbit that wasn't the Will/Intention of Abyss?

Tama :mimitchi: Phantom

I do think that Ada had a cat called Dinah.

It might have been in the first chapter. :3

And a whole bunch of the Chains are references, too.

Like Liam's March Hare and Vince's Dormouse.

And of course, Break's Mad Hatter.

[SIZE=2pt]Someone I know said she wanted to tie Vincent to a bed and do nasty stuff to him, like tickle him with scissors. : D[/SIZE]

-glidesaway-

' date='+August 03, 2010 08:05 am'] [SIZE=2pt]Someone I know said she wanted to tie Vincent to a bed and do nasty stuff to him, like tickle him with scissors. : D[/SIZE]
:ph34r: :mellow: :)

Of course most of the chains are references. ;B

Lacie's actually a reference too, the Mad Hatter tells Alice an odd story about three girls in a well full of treacle who drew stuff. xD One of the girls was called Lacie. Also, in through the looking glass (The second book), there's both a red and white queen. Alice/abyss much?*still needs to read more of the manga and continue reading through the looking glass*

Guess who? ;3

So I installed Google Chrome and there's a great manga app for it. It found Pandora Hearts for me on a site other than manga reader. Plus it puts all the pages in the chapter on one long scrollable page. It's great.

So now I'm on chapter...21. Still nothing new because all this happened in the manga, but still.

Hiiiii Jae. xD

I need to see if there's an app like that for Firefox. I mean, google ripped the idea of them off firefox so....

Yes, there indeed references that aren't recognised instantly. That's the wonderful thing about this series. Well, the wonderful thing is actually Gil, but....

Speaking of Gilbert, that avataR OF YOURS IS VEEEERY NICE. =D

Tama :nazotchi: Phantom

I checked. They don't have that kind of app for Firefox.

So I'm on Chapter 28. Which is like, Volume 7. Still nothing new. Except there were some different things. Like, when they went to the school to see Ada and Lotti kidnapped Oz, didn't Ada come along too? Yeah. That didn't happen in the manga. Nor did the parts where the random girls come and fangirl over Gil. Because he is so fangirl worthy ~~

Ah. *Is still majorly behind* *Now reinstalling Google Chrome*

I'm glad there weren't any in the manga. There's already enough competition for Gil in real life.

Tama :wacko: Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back