Piercings?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoVeMeFoReVeR

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm 14, and I'm getting my nose pierced before school this year. And I've watched videos on Youtube, and it didn't look like it hurt that bad. But a lot of people say that because they don't want people think bad about them. I want to know the truth. And yes, I know, it depends on the person. Plus, I am getting my tounge pierced before christmas, so if you can tell me about that too. Please, if you can help, thank you.

It all depends on your pain tolerance. My friend pierced my shoz once (you should GO TO A PROFESSIONAL) and my eyes watered but it wasn't excruciating. sadly my body rejected it.... as for tongue Ive heard both sides of the spectrum.

[SIZE=8pt]Two friends of mine have their noses pierced and they seem to have no difficulty. I don't know anyone who has their tongue pierced, so I can't help you there. But make sure you take care of yourself, beware of infections and everything, because those are just awful. xD[/SIZE]

My friend got hers a while ago and she said it didn't hurt and she wouldn't lie lol :3 it's really cute and it didn't get infected

well...I have a nose peircing and it didnt really bug me that much. but my boyfriend has his tongue lip eyebrow and nose peirced. he is fine

My mum has her nose pierced. She said it did hurt, but wasn't intolerable. It got a little infected.

My mum is a wuss too so she can say for people with a lower pain tolerance, it does hurt.

My cousin has her nose peirced, but I can't help you there, as I don't know her experience.

Sorry, I don't know anyone with a tounge piercing

My nose was one of my more painful piercings, but it wasn't too bad. Your eye(s) water because of the nerves, but so long a you keep breathing, it's not too bad. I didn't have any problems as far as infections go. Just take care of it.

My tongue was easily my least painful piercing. I barely felt it.

Keep in mind I have a high pain tolerance, lol.

My cousin has her tongue pierced she said it hurt. But I dont really know she talks funny now. Lol.

My friend had her nose, she said it wasn't that bad.

I only have my ears and bellybutton and it wasn't that bad the hardest part of my bellybutton, I thought was the clamp.

My cousin has her tongue pierced she said it hurt. But I dont really know she talks funny now. Lol.
My friend had her nose, she said it wasn't that bad.

I only have my ears and bellybutton and it wasn't that bad the hardest part of my bellybutton, I thought was the clamp.
I've never actually seen anyone who talks differently after getting their tongue pierced XD

The only difference in my speech is occasionally you'll hear the barbell click against my teeth, lol.

[SIZE=18pt]Wow, I know MANY people who have their tongue pierced as well as other piercings. And all of them said that it wasn't too bad. Although, I must warn you that your tongue might swell up quite a bit, which is why some people talk funny after they get it done, and it most likely will be painful to eat for a while. [/SIZE]

I want to get my nose pierced. I think that they're so pretty! But my parents won't let me. By the time I'm going to be able to get it done, I'll be too old. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never actually seen anyone who talks differently after getting their tongue pierced XDThe only difference in my speech is occasionally you'll hear the barbell click against my teeth, lol.
Really? It gave her like a lisp. She also claims for it to be hard for her to eat, like she was eating a burger and she couldn't even eat the thing. She was living on Wendy's frostys.

Really? It gave her like a lisp. She also claims for it to be hard for her to eat, like she was eating a burger and she couldn't even eat the thing. She was living on Wendy's frostys.
Weird o.o Eating was difficult to get used to, but it never really hurt. Occasionally I catch my barbell on/in my teeth while eating and have chipped a few. That part sucks.

Other than that and it deteriorating my gums behind my front bottom teeth I haven't had any problems.

Nose piercings look mondo trashy on the wrong person.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're always going to hear different stories - as you already said, everyone's different and everyone's pain tolerance is different.

My friend had her nose pierced and says it didn't hurt - she has a good tolerance of pain - but the nose piercing did get a little infected and her nostril went red and swelled up for approx 1 week - not a pretty sight and embaressing in public XD

She had to let the nose piercing close over in the end as her job did not allow her to wear piercings.

I have 12 piercings in my right ear, 11 in my left, both lobe and cartilage. Any cartilage piercing is going to be a bit more painful than earlobe piercing, just because the cart. is being pierced as well. I did my ear cart. piercings myself, and they have been done for 20+ years. I also have both nostrils, and my septum pierced. These were done professionally, as was my tongue and navel. Any piercing does hurt, usually just for a moment, but that does depend on your pain tolerance. Everyone is different, and every piercing is different. Please have your piercings done by a professional piercer who has a good history of HEALED piercings in their portfolio. And follow your aftercare to the letter after the piercing has been done. If a problem arises, do not hesitate to return to your piercer for advice.

The hardest part of getting a piercing is waiting for them to pierce it. Once you are getting it done, you arent nervous anymore.

Well, in my case anyway. Everyones different.

I have 7 ear piercings and I did most of them myself, and I have a piercing under my right eye. It hurt, but not very much.

I'm getting my nose done soon too :)

My mother said when she had her nosed pierced (its closed up now) it made her eyes water.

When I got my ears pierced it was more the shock than the actual pain. But pain sensitivity runs in this family.

I've never had any peircings, but I want one. Sorry that I can't help you. But my cosioun got her belly button peirced, and she said it didn't hurt that bad. So it's probably the same w/ the nose. But I don't know anybody who has a tounge peircing, so can't help you in that area. Sorry!

My tongue piercing didn't really hurt or bleed. The only thing to remember with it is the bar is really long to account for swelling which it will do. You must be very careful when eating or brushing your teeth. You need to rinse your mouth with warm sea salt water every time you eat or drink, and be careful so you don't bite down or hit your teeth with the bar.

Latest posts

Back