Populars

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSlayer5050

Reaction score
Is there anything (music, movies, books etc.) That are REALLY popular but you just aren't a fan?

Here's some of mine:

The Twilight Movie:

I hated it. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. To me, people only like it because the book is so popular. If Twilight wasn't a really popular book, there would be many more haters of the film. The acting was awful, and they skipped about two thirds of the book.

Some Rap [Only some, but basically all rap is popular where I live]

I've never been a huge fan of rap music. I admit I like some rap but I swear I'm not a hypocrite xD But the majority of rap music, I really don't like. It sounds like a beat [which sometimes sucks but sometimes is good] with fast words usually about sex that you can't understand. I really don't consider that music.

Disney [With the exception of Demi Lovato]

I hate disney. Especially Miley Cyrus. I just think the music is ridiculous, the shows are ridiculous and the "Omg I'm so rich and famous yet I'm upset because I have haters" Give me a break.

For now, that's all I'm posting but I'll get back to this xD So, are there any popular things you really just don't like?

Well I agree about the Miley Cyrus thing but I like the Jonas brothers -shot-

I hate people that hate on Tokio Hotel? xD

I hate people that pretend to be celebrities online, that really bugs me...I'll get back to this later haha, I'm a bit braindead right now...

Well I agree about the Miley Cyrus thing but I like the Jonas brothers -shot-I hate people that hate on Tokio Hotel? xD

I hate people that pretend to be celebrities online, that really bugs me...I'll get back to this later haha, I'm a bit braindead right now...
I kind of mean popular things that you hate, not just like things you hate in general. Like movies, music, books and stuff that are popular that you don't like.

Twilight - Books, movies, everything. I liked it, I do admit, but when I moved on to other books I noticed how much it sucked.

Disney.

"Well known" songs - Like Rap, The Song "I kissed a girl" "Shake it" ect. it bothers me how people love the bands because they love one song.

Summer - I don't really hate it, but I don't love it. I like seeing all of my friends at school. Plus it's really hot with tons of bugs.

Cheerleading - Cheerleading is HUGE in my school. I think they won some national championship or something. And that's really all you hear about.

I'm fine with the 'popular stuff'. I'm not obsessive, but I like Disney, I like Twilight, and rap is alright (depends on my mood).

I just can't STAND it when I love something, and then it becomes super popular. It really just annoys me. I've liked 3OH!3 for well over a year now, and I knew about the song Don't Trust Me for about a year or so. Just this month or so Don't Trust Me reached the top 10 most downloaded list on iTunes and they started playing it on the radio, and now the whole school knows the song and walks around singing it. Kids during my history will break out being like, "DON'T TRUST A HOE!" And so now I can't sing the song or listen to it without being labeled as someone who only listens to 'pop' music. And now everyone has 3OH!3 shirts because Hot Topic is selling them. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for 3OH!3's success, but it really bothers me.

I'm fine with the 'popular stuff'. I'm not obsessive, but I like Disney, I like Twilight, and rap is alright (depends on my mood).
I just can't STAND it when I love something, and then it becomes super popular. It really just annoys me. I've liked 3OH!3 for well over a year now, and I knew about the song Don't Trust Me for about a year or so. Just this month or so Don't Trust Me reached the top 10 most downloaded list on iTunes and they started playing it on the radio, and now the whole school knows the song and walks around singing it. Kids during my history will break out being like, "DON'T TRUST A HOE!" And so now I can't sing the song or listen to it without being labeled as someone who only listens to 'pop' music. And now everyone has 3OH!3 shirts because Hot Topic is selling them. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for 3OH!3's success, but it really bothers me.
Mhmm, I hate when that happens with any awesome band.

Especially when people say they're die-hard fans, and only know the songs the radio plays. Blaaah

It's happened with Paramore, Cobra Starship, Hey Monday, and All Time Low, to name a few.

Anyways, I actually didn't mind the Twilight books/movie, but the thing that's I don't like is the massive stupid fan base it has. It's not that great - if people think Twilight is the best piece of literature they've ever read, they really need to read more.

Jonas Brothers - everyone loves 'em, I sure don't. If I ranted about them, I could go on for days.

I know exactly how you feel Cinder.

Twilight was actually alright. That is, until everyone started obsessing over it and I slowly started to die inside.

Something being popular doesn't really have an effect on if I like it or not. I tend to like it, because, face it: Most stuff is popular for a reason. It just gets old faster because it's everywhere you turn for two weeks.

Agree 100%

Twilight was actually alright. That is, until everyone started obsessing over it and I slowly started to die inside.

Something being popular doesn't really have an effect on if I like it or not. I tend to like it, because, face it: Most stuff is popular for a reason. It just gets old faster because it's everywhere you turn for two weeks.
I don't mean do you hate something if it's popular. I'm asking is there anything that's really popular and well-liked that you just don't like.

Also like Cinder said, I don't want to sound stuck up, but where I live, I was kind of one of the first people to like the song If U Seek Amy. I liked it mostly when everyone was into Circus :/ Now like everyone likes it and I'm not saying it's my favorite song or anything, but still.

Twilight. Not so much the books, but the movie was just horrible. The acting was terrible, and personally I think the only reason Twilight was so big is because of Robert Pattinson. Such and overrated movie.

Well, I hate that people who hate things just because theyre popular.

Popular things I hate:

Disney: I hate Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus so much...

That's all I can find in my mind right now.

I dislike Twilight- the books and the movie. As well as... Miley cyrus: her songs are fine, but I don't like the character she plays on her show.

And Robert Pattison. That guy just creeps me out.

Twilight. It's friggin taking over the world. Vampires don't freaking sparkle. What a noob.

I hate Robert Pattinson. He irritates me and is actually one of the ugliest guys I've ever seen. Can someone give him a flea bath already?

I dislike the way Miley Cyrus is pretty much talentless and shes only famous because of her dad.

Robert Pattinson; I REALLY don't like him. Not just cuz he's popular, but I just have something really big againgst him.

Then there's Miley Cyrus, who's actually getting less popular, day by day. I actually don't really mind Hannah Montana, but Miley irritates me.

First, I'd like to say...

At least HSM isn't too popular anymore since it is probably over.

Hannah Montana? I'm leaving it alone. I don't hate nor love it.

Twilight would be okay if it weren't overrated. I have nothing with/against it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back