Pro Choice or Pro Life?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro-life.

If you unmeaningly get pregnant, that's your problem, not the baby's. That baby should have a fair go at life, even if that means giving it up for adoption. Even if you believe you don't want a baby, you don't know until you finally had it. You keep that baby, if you don't feel you'll be able to cope or don't feel love, put it up for adoption. As Weiwei said, give that baby to someone who desperately wants somebody to love and help yet can't because they are unable to have children. You have an wonderful gift, to be able to make children. Think of somebody else, who will do anything for that, help them out. Instead of killing the child, give it to that person. Make two lives happy. No matter how stuffed up it may make your life that doesn't mean you have to mess with somebody elses life, sure they aren't properly formed yet and they don't understand but I still don't think it's fair. That one child could bring great things into the world. He/she could bring change the world for the better. I think, if you get pregnant, that's your problem. No matter how hard, deal with it. - My opinion :)

I am Pro-Choice, however I do not believe that abortion should be used as a form of birth control!!!!

Pro-life.If you unmeaningly get pregnant, that's your problem, not the baby's. That baby should have a fair go at life, even if that means giving it up for adoption. Even if you believe you don't want a baby, you don't know until you finally had it. You keep that baby, if you don't feel you'll be able to cope or don't feel love, put it up for adoption. As Weiwei said, give that baby to someone who desperately wants somebody to love and help yet can't because they are unable to have children. You have an wonderful gift, to be able to make children. Think of somebody else, who will do anything for that, help them out. Instead of killing the child, give it to that person. Make two lives happy. No matter how stuffed up it may make your life that doesn't mean you have to mess with somebody elses life, sure they aren't properly formed yet and they don't understand but I still don't think it's fair. That one child could bring great things into the world. He/she could bring change the world for the better. I think, if you get pregnant, that's your problem. No matter how hard, deal with it. - My opinion :)
I couldn't agree with you more.

I'm kind of both.

Pro-Life: Why get an abo. just because you don't want the baby? I mean, that baby can grow up to be anyone. It could be the next best president, a celebrity, even someone that takes care of you during your worst moments! It's not fair how babies should die just because their bio. mom and dad decide they don't want the baby anymore. All babies should get a fair shot at life. :)

Pro-Choice: I think if you were raped at a young age, then you should have the option of abortion. You wouldn't be able to take care of the baby when your still barely a teen. But then again, your parents could take care of the baby until you get a bit more mature and older. Then the child would be your responsibillity. But then, what if you were having sex, and the condom breaks? Maybe then would an abo. be right? But then again, you shouldn't have to make the baby suffer because of a stupid condom.

I'm 95% pro-life, and 5% pro choice.

I'm kind of both.
Pro-Life: Why get an abo. just because you don't want the baby? I mean, that baby can grow up to be anyone. It could be the next best president, a celebrity, even someone that takes care of you during your worst moments! It's not fair how babies should die just because their bio. mom and dad decide they don't want the baby anymore. All babies should get a fair shot at life. :)

Pro-Choice: I think if you were raped at a young age, then you should have the option of abortion. You wouldn't be able to take care of the baby when your still barely a teen. But then again, your parents could take care of the baby until you get a bit more mature and older. Then the child would be your responsibillity. But then, what if you were having sex, and the condom breaks? Maybe then would an abo. be right? But then again, you shouldn't have to make the baby suffer because of a stupid condom.

I'm 95% pro-life, and 5% pro choice.
I thought you just said that ALL babies should get a fair shot at life? Why is a baby that's a product of rape less worthy of life than one who's not?

100% pro-life. A baby is a gift. Some people want nothing more than to hold their very own child in their arms, but are unable to do so because of infertility or other existing medical problems. Abortion is equivalent to murder, in my opinion. And as for the issue of rape, a woman is absolutely scarred for life, but aren't they going to feel a lot worse knowing that they killed their child instead of adopting him/her out to a great home?

I thought you just said that ALL babies should get a fair shot at life? Why is a baby that's a product of rape less worthy of life than one who's not?
No, I meant like at a young age. Like your body wouldn't be able to handle the birth. And read the "but then" part. I'm against it.

The 5% of me being "Pro Choice" was if I was raped (younger than age 14) I MIGHT get an abo, seeing as I'd barely be a teen, and my parents freaking out at the thought of me having a baby, and my body wouldn't be able to handle it. But then I'd probably keep the baby. I mean, Babies should ALL get a life. I was SOO close to being aborted, seeing my mum was risking a lot by giving birth to me, but kept me anyway. So I think nothing should stop you from having birth. Not rape, not a young age (I understand about 11 and 12 year old raped and pregnant girls, though. That's a different story.) not anything.

I'm starting to get 100% Pro-lifey, actually.

a lot of the kids have to wear their SCHOOL UNIFORMS on the weekends because their parents can't afford to buy the kids "regular" clothes. Most of them can't feed their kids properly.  What kind of life is that?  And the kids will just think that this type of life is normal and it passes on from one generation to the next.  It's a never-ending cycle.
Well no, because there will be other people at some point in their life with a 'normal' life, that will make those kids realize that their life isn't right..

And I'm sure that after living such a bad life (e.g. wearing their school uniform on the weekend, not being fed properly) they would never treat their own kids that way. It's not really a 'never-ending-cycle'..

I'm still pro-choice, just because it's a free country and it's not like the mother doesn't have to make any sacrifices. Especially if she was raped, she would have to go in public every day and be laughed at, and deal with all the pregnancy pain, and humiliation, and she didn't do anything wrong, and went through a lot already.

But the only kind of people I would have sympathy for if they got an abortion would be victims of rape or something like that. Anyone else I would be disgusted with, but because of the other group, I have to be pro-choice.

So I'm like as Pro-Lifey as possible, lol. I just don't think that anyone should be forced to do something that serious, especially if it's under harsh circumstances.

But if someone went to me and said 'what should I do?' I would definetely be like, "Let it live!'

Last edited by a moderator:
Well no, because there will be other people at some point in their life with a 'normal' life, that will make those kids realize that their life isn't right..And I'm sure that after living such a bad life (e.g. wearing their school uniform on the weekend, not being fed properly) they would never treat their own kids that way. It's not really a 'never-ending-cycle'..

I'm still pro-choice, just because it's a free country and it's not like the mother doesn't have to make any sacrifices. Especially if she was raped, she would have to go in public every day and be laughed at, and deal with all the pregnancy pain, and humiliation, and she didn't do anything wrong, and went through a lot already.

But the only kind of people I would have sympathy for if they got an abortion would be victims of rape or something like that. Anyone else I would be disgusted with, but because of the other group, I have to be pro-choice.

So I'm like as Pro-Lifey as possible, lol. I just don't think that anyone should be forced to do something that serious, especially if it's under harsh circumstances.

But if someone went to me and said 'what should I do?' I would definetely be like, "Let it live!'
You've lost me here. Exactly why would she be laughed at...? o.o

You've lost me here. Exactly why would she be laughed at...? o.o
Well if she was walking around school with a big pregnant stomach, people would make fun of her.. or at least that's what I think ;]

Well if she was walking around school with a big pregnant stomach, people would make fun of her.. or at least that's what I think ;]
We all know that kids are cruel, but I think they're smart enough to know that if they see a 13 year old girl walking around school with a pregnant belly, they're gonna know something not right is up. I don't think they'd laugh. I think they'd feel sympathy. They can probably imagine how hard it must be to be a child of that age with a baby on the way.

I think I have posted something similar before...

I believe that if you can think of any one, single circumstance where an abortion should take place then you are pro-choice.

If you do not believe that there is any circumstance whatsoever where an abortion should take place then you are pro-life.

Either you believe that a woman should have the right to opt for an abortion (pro-choice) or you believe that abortion should not be allowed under any circumstances (pro-life).

Ectopic Pregnancy

One example.

I do not agree with abortion under most circumstances.

I accept there are some medical circumstances (such as an ectopic pregancy) where an abortion is necessary.

I am therefore pro-choice.

Well, then, according to TamaMum, I am pro choice. I dont think abortion should be an option for everyone. Only if the baby has no chance of surviving the pregnancy, and the mother would die from being pregnant. Something like that.

[SIZE=14pt]My My didn't you choose quite the controversial subject. I'm pro choice myself seeing as many people have different circumstances for being pregnant. Sure I believe that if some idiot girl gets pregnant wondering why when they had no protection then I believe they should have the baby ( lord knows they'd need the life lesson ) But if the person were forced to have the child by say rape then it's pro choice. A woman shouldn't be forced to have a child she didn't want. I know it sounds cruel to want to abort an innocent life but it's also cruel to force something on someone as well. There is also what Tamamum put where it'd be a better idea to save the mother in a high danger pregnancy than the child.[/SIZE]

P.S. Yes I'm very well aware some of what I said is contradictory and that some women get pregnant even when they had all the protection and still care for the child ( them I respect very highly )

Are you saying you think the girl should have the baby so that she learns a lesson?
That is cruel.
[SIZE=14pt]I know it is but if you do something stupid then you deserve the consequence. Thing is I know over half the female school body that is pregnant or had an abortion because they didn't do anything to prevent a pregnancy. An abortion shouldn't be a get out of jail free card for an idiot. I think that them having a baby could teach them responsibility and being able to care for someone other than themself ( which a lot of the girls at school I know don't have ) It's called going to the school of hard knocks don't matter how you get to it you just know you get there sometime.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Sure I believe that if some idiot girl gets pregnant wondering why when they had no protection then I believe they should have the baby ( lord knows they'd need the life lesson ) [/SIZE]
Dear Lord.

Life lesson?

Just because you get pregnant doesn't mean you didn't use protection.

There is nothing 100% effective against pregnancy except abstinence.

I think making them keep it as a 'life lesson' is a form of torture and is going against her human rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back