Public Displays of Affection- PDA

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ya you could get a behaivior report for hugging like 5 months ago but now no one relli cares anymore. we've forgotten about it n me n my friends hug boys like there's no tommoro. =]

That makes no sense, all you were doing was hugging. Now, if you were sucking face for 5 minutes, that's a different story. . .

Honestly I don't like to see a couple holding up traffic and getting funky in the middle of the hall. :/

I know hugging is not like.. that extreme or anything but I guess you have to start somewhere.

Eh.

Nothing wrong with hugging, thats pretty lame. But some people go crazy... I sometimes walk down the road and see people snogging so bad that it makes me gag.

At the beggining of the school year our grade declared a holiday, where all of us try to hug as many people as they can, but when the teachers saw this, we got a BIG lecture on sexual harrassment and PDA and anyone who hugged anyone else got a referal but its not like anyone was being hugged against their will or anything.

In the School handbook it talks about PDA.

But i don't think our school cares.

People are hugging.

Me and Amanda(My Homecat) hugged, nobody cared.

But if you hugged a teachr(Possibly a male), not many parents like that... Its not like all male teachers are sex offenders/child molesters... -___-

i mean if they were child molesters, they would be put in prison. XP

My BD is a male, he isn't a creep. He's nice, i don't think its bad if a male teacher could hug a child, i mean its not like their molesting them.. XP

Enough ranting from me,

RT

Ok so at my school during a passing period all I did was hug my boyfriend and a teacher was standing near by and she told us that we needed to stop. she said she was apparently tired of telling us to stop every day (I'd never even seen her before and she's never talked to us ever before) The most I have ever done with anyone is public was hold hands, and hug. What's wrong with that? I'm not like making out passionately in the middle of a hall way or anything. Anyways she was threatening us with serious consequences and calls to our parents (yeah go ahead and call my mom and tell her I was hugging my boyfriend) and when we said "but all we did was hug" she said that even hugging was not ok. I'm sorry but that is incredibly stupid to me. I think I should be aloud to just hug my boyfriend, and there's nothing wrong with just holding hands either.
I would really like to hear others opinions. :ph34r:
Well in my opinion I find public displays of affection OK, until of course the people displaying their affection start literally being all over each other. xP

I'm in 8th grade so lots of couples hug, kiss, or hold hands in the hallway. I have to deal with it every day and you get used to it. But if you go to my school with your boyfriend or girlfriend just don't do any of those PDA's around my English teacher. She makes you just stop immediately and gives you a lecture therefore making you late for class.

Our school is SUPER-strict. You're not allowed to hug... no matter what gender. >> No one pays attention to it as students, the teachers get PO'd but don't do much more than scold you.

It's different if they're making out or something (haha, two of my friends make out with eachother in math class... THE TEACHER JUST NOW NOTICED TODAY AND IT'S BEEN GOING ON SINCE FEB. XD), but hugs... are not really PDA. >> .... it's funny though, because plenty of people kiss at my school but they rarely if ever get in trouble.

Yeah, PDA is obnoxious, but hugging, come ON! When I was in the eighth grade this boy was in a car crash. He was okay but broke his leg, popped his shoulder out of his socket, and saw the drunk who crashed into his car dying. So he was in counsling for about a month and everyone was really bummed because he was nice to everybody and everyone loved him. So when he finally came back to school all the girls rushed to hug him and all the guys all like high-fived or did that hand shake thingy...or hugged him. So all of the kids who hugged him got a demerit (get three in two weeks and you get detention or suspention) for to much PDA...hello, the dude was on the verge of death (well not really but...) and now we are getting busted for PDA? I think that the PDA rule has gon waaaay over-board. That's my take.

We don't have PDA, But people know not to make-out in public, just a peck and a hug. This girl loves to hug EVERYONE!! (litterally) xD
She hugs and hugs. The boys and girls, she loves to hug everyone! She hugs me sometimes! XD

Some boys even say, "Why doesn't EXTREMELY Hawt girls hug boys like that?" She's pretty cute though. (NOT IN THAT WAY!xD)

She's friends with everyone, she has a boyfriend she hugs and kisses, (cute but they do that a lil' TOO much.) and she hugs everyone. No-one cares. I love my School. ;)

~SG~
At my school, I am that girl ^__^ I don't have a boyfriend, or anything, but seriously, I just randomly claim it is random hug day and everyone runs. I end up getting everyone though ^_^

That is just crazy, my teachers don't like it, but as long as you aren't kissing or anything, they don't care, really.

I guess I am just lucky, but my teachers in my next grade are harsh, so I don't know, I might hold off on the hugging for awhile ;]

At my school, I am that girl ^__^ I don't have a boyfriend, or anything, but seriously, I just randomly claim it is random hug day and everyone runs. I end up getting everyone though :lol:  

That is just crazy, my teachers don't like it, but as long as you aren't kissing or anything, they don't care, really.

I guess I am just lucky, but my teachers in my next grade are harsh, so I don't know, I might hold off on the hugging for awhile ;]

O__O Is your name Mikealie? xD Joke.

I doubt it but that would be creepy if your name was Mikealie because thats what the girl's name is. O___________O

~SG~

At my school we dont have that rule. noone WILL anyway coz word gets around easily.

We had that rule...but everyone seemed to forget about it so we went on hugging again. xD but we would get behavior reports if we were caught, which is stupid 'cause everyone hugged the teachers which is totally ok. :D

My school has that rule, but we're not very strict about it. Usually. Most people can walk to class with their gf/bf, holding hands and hugging before the seperate without a problem.

It was hilarious though. One day I caught up with my friend Allie in the hallway, and we gave each other a hug (just as friends, I'm straight), & the teacher on hall patrol yelled at us. It was the funniest thing, because the teacher thought we were lesbians. We still crack up over it.

My school goes way too extreme with that stuff. You aren't allowed to touch anybody in anyway at all. No high-fives, DEFINITELY no hugs - you can't even poke each other!! DDD= (I love poking my friends in the back and saying "POOOOKE" loudly :^D )

Well my school isn't THAT strict. I never heard of PDA, only PTA.

Some girl got in trouble for hugging a boy (Well I guess because she was popular, white, and she hugged a black kid...Racists) And I WTF'd at my locker when I heard this.

Though I have seen girl's kiss boys in the hallways and even add tounges (Srsly) And hug, but teacher's are either to busy or to lazy to care. I have seen 8th grader's in the bus loop go all the way with Public effection T_T I was like "Euwplz"

But you should tell yer mom that you got in trouble for hugging someone.

Once I pulled my friend James into my lap and he got in trouble. I lol'd.

[SIZE=14pt]I hug my friends(Mainly girls..x^D)why would it be a problem if I was a boy hugging my friends(Who are girls)?[/SIZE]

I mean, I understand making out during school but hugging? ._. I mean its not like anybody would do something REALLY gross ( ^_^ ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucking face in public is one thing. Giving a loved one a hug is another.

Do they want us to not be affectionate with anyone ever at all? I think it's perfectly appropriate to hug your friends. They deserve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back