Russia's 'Emo Ban'

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Russians.. not have anything to do?

Sheesh- do they thrive upon stereotypes?

This makes no sense to me.

What next- ban baggy pants because they 'make you fall down stairs'?

or Heely's shoes because they 'roll too much'?

Sheesh, stupid government there it sounds.

You think they'd just ban it in schools because it's against school rules.

But a whole country banning it everywhere?

Stupid people!

Do Russians.. not have anything to do?Sheesh- do they thrive upon stereotypes?

This makes no sense to me.

What next- ban baggy pants because they 'make you fall down stairs'?

or Heely's shoes because they 'roll too much'?

Sheesh, stupid government there it sounds.

You think they'd just ban it in schools because it's against school rules.

But a whole country banning it everywhere?

Stupid people!
I was watching Dr. Phil, and they were arguing about that becoming a law, because apparentaly the USA is trying to ban them

o.o

Banning emo? Wow that is a bit over the top, for a whole contry to be doing. I was going to become emo, but once my mom found out that it included all black clothes, she bought me frilly pooh bear stuff. :( . I thought it was unfair, I mean I would never commit suicide. Oh well, my mom is sterotypical, but she was scared. One of my old friends "cuts" and she thought I was going to do that. What can you do?

Do Russians.. not have anything to do?Sheesh- do they thrive upon stereotypes?
But isn't that in itself a stereotype? Not all Russians are communists. ;]

The reason for the baggy pants thing is because it's easy to hide weapons it. If you were going to go to a school and start shooting, you'd wear them. Now that's not because of the stereotypical derranged goth kid- but because you can hide a lot of stuff in them compared to, say, skinny jeans or other tighter fitting clothes. I've seen those videos that show the guy pulling out something like 7 to 10 hardcore weapons but just by looking at him you couldn't detect it.

Though I don't think the U.S. is planning a 'law' against them. If they are, it's not getting very far.

That's dumb. It's a person's choice on what that choose to be like; whether that's ''emo'' or whatever. It's a type of music, for god's sake!

And so what if it's turned into a personality? It doesn't give anyone a right to ban it just because of their own opinions or beliefs. Let people be free to express themselves.

Seriously...what is our world coming to?

Banning emo? Wow that is a bit over the top, for a whole contry to be doing. I was going to become emo, but once my mom found out that it included all black clothes, she bought me frilly pooh bear stuff. :hitodetchi: . I thought it was unfair, I mean I would never commit suicide. Oh well, my mom is sterotypical, but she was scared. One of my old friends "cuts" and she thought I was going to do that. What can you do?
Okay, why would you want to become emo?

WTF.

You're deranged.

Did I say that?

But don't stereotype it as "all the russians" because it's the russian communist government.

But I have russian blood, and think this is absurd.

Anyway, the citizens probably had little to do with it, so you can't say "It's a russian thing".

Or "What will those russians think of next?"

Just thought I would throw that out there~<333

Why the heck Can't they realise that if they want to kill themselves that maybe the person has a problem that need to be sorted and not because they dress a certain way?FFS the worlds becombing progressively dumber.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason for the baggy pants thing is because it's easy to hide weapons it. If you were going to go to a school and start shooting, you'd wear them. Now that's not because of the stereotypical derranged goth kid- but because you can hide a lot of stuff in them compared to, say, skinny jeans or other tighter fitting clothes. I've seen those videos that show the guy pulling out something like 7 to 10 hardcore weapons but just by looking at him you couldn't detect it.
Though I don't think the U.S. is planning a 'law' against them. If they are, it's not getting very far.
Don't most Junior High Schools/Middle Schools/High Schools have a mandatory metal detector screeening every morning though?

I know my school district does.

They even check the kids in elementary school.

O-o;;

That's absurd.

~~~~~

But banning emo?

That's just going to make the people want to rebel && protest more.

Such a stupid idea. :huh:

Don't most Junior High Schools/Middle Schools/High Schools have a mandatory metal detector screeening every morning though?
I know my school district does.

They even check the kids in elementary school.

O-o;;

That's absurd.

~~~~~

But banning emo?

That's just going to make the people want to rebel && protest more.

Such a stupid idea. :p
Metal dectors? Hmm. My school doesn't do that. I find that a bit strage. :blink:

-----------------------

Emo isn't 'a dangerous teenage cult' as long as it is style, not steriotype. People reserve the rights to dress how they want.

People in this world are starting to take things over the edge. People take being emo over the edge, therefore people take stopping emo over the edge. +_+

That's nice :p

Banning emo? That's not right! People have a right to be what they want to be, and that includes emo. :blink:

And speaking of demented laws....(Kinda off topic...)...

The Government says that if any stores sell cigarettes, they have to put a curtain over them so that kids won't see them and "start smoking". I personally think that doing that won't help at all. Same for the "Banning emo" thing. I don't think it will help. People could just go hide somewhere and cut themselves. Not helping...

The Government is definatly overreacting :p

Last edited by a moderator:
And speaking of demented laws....(Kinda off topic...)...The Government says that if any stores sell cigarettes, they have to put a curtain over them so that kids won't see them and "start smoking". I personally think that doing that won't help at all. Same for the "Banning emo" thing. I don't think it will help. People could just go hide somewhere and cut themselves. Not helping...

The Government is definatly overreacting :blink:
Where are you talking about? The US? I see boxes of cigs everywhere. o..O

Classifying people as 'emo' 'nerd' etc. are typical actions of unfair stereotyping. :) I'm against stereotyping.

How can you ban 'emo'?

it's just a label, some people may be depressed, goth, or suicidal or something, but I never really understood the whole 'emo' thing. . .

I think it's just a way for kids to get attention personnally, and I'm truly not trying to offend anyone.

Doesn't emo mean emotional?

Then, they can't ban it, your born that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back