September 11th~ <3

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

`Krystal

Reaction score
Oh, the ever important day of September 11th. &lt;3

I remember watching on tv about it when it happened.

Were you affected by any of this?

Did a loved one of yours die in all this?

As Katie would say:

Discuss.

Uhhh, I dun really know, I was only 5...

I even went to see the towers, you know. The whole thing was broken.

However, I watched a movie which was somewhat interlinked, but it was less about the crsis and more about how these Muslims were taken as suspects and then were traumatised and then...;~;

Sad story. Cried my eyes out. And theres more to it.

Also, I got this chain mail about how this one kid went to school on September 11, 2001.

Their mom worked there.

She forgot her purse or something. xD

So the dad went to give it. And that day, the kid's dad didn't pick him up from school...;-;

I guess I wasn't affected, but I find it saddening.

I find it really sad. Imagine what those people on the flights, and in the towers, were thinking. It must have been terrible. I really admire those people who are brave enough to relive it for the TV rreinactments.

I remember I was 4 when I saw about it on TV. I didn't really understand them, but I did understand lots of people had died ._.

I feel special Krystal. :D

But yes, I remember September 11th. I was in second grade, and I remember the principle coming over the intercom and telling us to stand and say the Pledge of Allegiance and to pause for a moment of silence. I remember not really understanding the situation though. I remember my teacher crying. I remember Luke and Brandon being all, "The twin towers fell!" And I was like, "... what?"

I took me a while to realize what was really was occurring, but now that I understand the significance of it, I find that simple memory valuable.

I like to think about telling my children or even my grandchildren that I was there and I remember September 11th.

^ That's because you are special~ 8D

And same here. I think it's still pretty cool that I can say I experienced history. Even seeing President Obama being elected. That was history, too. :)

*Canadianer*

Yeaahh.. I didn't know it happened til like a year later...

I did some report-ish thing on it 2 years ago.

I'm from Canada as well, but I was in grade 2 when it happened.. or grade 3 or 4.. but i was on the play ground and everyone was talking about it.

However, I watched a movie which was somewhat interlinked, but it was less about the crsis and more about how these Muslims were taken as suspects and then were traumatised and then...;~; Sad story. Cried my eyes out. And theres more to it.
New York. D:

I loved that movie.

Well, don't get me wrong, I feel terrible about what happened, but it's been eight years and it's over and done with.

Like we don't even specially recognize it school anymore.

In 2001, we didn't live in the US. We were currently visiting my aunt in Michigan. We had stopped in NYC and my parents had promised we would see the towers on the way back.

Well, the trip got cancelled on the way back and only my dad went without us. He was in the city when they went down. He was fine, seeing as he was across the city. But ever since, I can't take people for granted anymore.

It's like realizing we won't live forever. I realized it eight years ago.

I was in Kindergarten in the A.M so I had no idea what was going on. It was when I came home and I saw my family watching the tv, there were two tall buildings on fire so I asked what was going on. But, all they said was "Some bad guys hit two of those buildings with planes"

I don't think anyone will ever be able to "get over it". People lost parents, grandparents, sisters, brothers, wifes, husbands, and maybe even children. I didnt lose any loved ones from 9/11, so i wasnt really affected. But, I was for sure saddened :angry:

We always recognize it at school giving a moment of silence and today we watched a short powerpoint about it. I do understand that its been eight years and it is done with. But, you have to remember a lot of lives were lost that day and I think we should always recognize it.

R.I.P to all of those and lost their lives on that tragic day and God bless their families.

I remember it. When I found out I was in mums bedroom. I was 7.

This sounds horrible, but I was angry about it because all the channels were covering it and I wanted to watch cartoons. I remember telling mum "Mummy, I don't care people died, I want to watch TV. I don't like those people who died or their families" I was such a horrid child.

I don't know anyone who died but my Aunt's friend was in the building and didn't survive.

I had nightmares about this, because I couldn't watch anything on TV other than this since it was the only thing on. I remember it well, because I'd thrown up at school that day and had to come home, then I threw up on my dad just as he turned the TV on. I hate throwing up, so I was crying and I turned around and saw the twin towers on TV. I knew what they were, and when they showed them collapse on TV, I was horrified. I'd never seen or heard of anything like that before. I had nightmares about it for months after and I was scared to go into any building.

If I'd have lost someone close to me like that, I don't know what I would have done. D= The families who lost close relatives/friends must have been very brave and strong to get through it.

I don't know how anyone could kill that many people. It's just... horrible...

I was watching tv and my parents were picking out floor tiles for the new house when in came on tv. All I remember was my mom "oh my gosh, oh my gosh.. all those people died" and I was like "even the children? did the children die?" x]

Yeah, I was like in 1st grade. I didn't really know what was going on, but now it makes me really sad. ): But it is pretty cool that I experienced history.

this happened before i turned 2. :ichigotchi: we couldnt go to disney land because they were worriying that the terrorists(?) might hijack planes. so we couldnt go to florida. :huh: But, RIP to all who died on 9/11 :huh: but what really makes me angry, is the EAS wasn't acivated on that day. then people would be more alert and careful. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I reamember it. It seems like yesterday, even though I was only 5. I lived in NYC then, but I don't anymore. Even though I lived on the upper east side(I can't say the exact street) and the blaze was on canal street, I could still see the smoke from my apartment window. Iwas so scared, my parents had to close the drapes. I can't beleive it was 8 years ago.

It happened where I live :/ my friends dad worked there but he had the day off..

Canadian.

Anyways, I remember exactly how it was.

I was grade two, and I remember waking up and walking to the kitchen, and it was on TV, footage of the towers going down. I asked my mom what had happened, and she said "A plane hit the twin towers in the United States". At school, we played our national anthem, then took a minute of silence. I don't remember if our principal had explained what happened, but I'm sure she did.

The sad thing is, I honestly didn't care, but I was young.

The sadder thing is, I knew what had happened, but that's how bad I believed our world was. I thought that event wasn't significant at all, because I thought those sort of things happened all the time. I thought it was normal. The world was a bad place in my mind, and it still is.

Now that I'm older, I know how sad it is and how much it affected people. It's a terrible incident, and I would never wish that sort of thing to happen to anyone. My condolences go out to those families who have lost a loved one. RIP.

I lived in Brooklyn, NY at the time of the attacks. I was in kindergarten. My mom had just come home from dropping me off at school when she heard about it on the news. Saw the second plane hitting live. Very freaky. She went outside and you could actually see smoke in the air. We only lived a few miles away. I was picked up from school early that day.

It happened where I live :/ my friends dad worked there but he had the day off..
Oh my gawsh! He was very lucky that day.

I was only three. I didn't what 9/11 was until today. I think I heard people talking about it once. That was terrible, from what I had read from Wiki.

RC, that must've been scary for you, to be so close to it. I'd be crying and hiding in my mum's closet with Teddy. Thank god you are alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back