Should Smoking be illegal?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno.

I'm on the fence. There are pros and there are cons. People will always beable to access things no matter if they are illegal or not. But the harder it is to get them, the less people will use them due to the challenge.

Some say it helps the economy because so many people do buy them but then again many get different types of diseases and sicknesses so that it really doesn't add anything.

No. People should be free to do what they want.

If it was illegal people would be smuggling them into the country. Drugs are illegal but people still buy them, it won't be any different with cigarettes.

No, wtf?

People should be able to do what they want. Believe it or not, the link between smoking and lung cancer is about 0.4%.

But they shouldn't be able to smoke. It can affect small infants. It isn't right. And it's not safe.

But they shouldn't be able to smoke. It can affect small infants. It isn't right. And it's not safe.
And neither is handling scissors, knives, telephones, TVs, glass, tins, metal, cold medicine, fluffy bunnies, cats, money, batteries, soda cans, baked beans, fluffy pillows, comforters, electronics, computers, or microwaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

The only time it should be illegal is during pregnancy, around small children, and indoor in public places, and that's purely because it effects people around the person smoking.

If a person wants to smoke, that's their choice. The law should have no say in it.

No.
The only time it should be illegal is during pregnancy, around small children, and indoor in public places, and that's purely because it effects people around the person smoking.

If a person wants to smoke, that's their choice. The law should have no say in it.
Where I live its illegal to smoke within 30 metres of any shop/restraunt.

It should be illegal everywhere. Do those people know what it is doing to the enviorment? And if kids or anyone breaths too much in it could affect how well they breathe when they become elderly.

I see were you are are going with it would benefit everyone if smokeing was illegal law but, I think that people would want it more...or just get ciggrettes more if smokeing was illegal...it's like the poke effect, you know when your friend goes "Don't touch me." and of course to annoy her (or him) you just HAVE to poke them in the side. So thats how it would effect the people. So that's my opinion.

I am inSANE

I respect that. But why do people just HAVE to smoke? How would you feel if you lost a family member to smoking?

No.

But seriously SK, if women are going to smoke when they are pregnant, they probably would anyway even if it was against the law.

I seriously doubt that smoking should be illegal. People would smoke anyway, and there's no avoiding it. People who don't want to be around smokers? Go away. No one is forcing them to be in the same room.

I respect that. But why do people just HAVE to smoke? How would you feel if you lost a family member to smoking?
I have lost several family members (Thankfully, none of them were immediate family members) to lung cancer caused by smoking. I still do not think it should be banned.

Many, many people would lose jobs. There are hundreds and hundreds of people who grow tobacco, sell tobacco, work in cigarette factories, etc. They would all lose their jobs. People would get in trouble and arrested for smoking; a habit they can't break. It is something addictive; you can't just stop as soon as a law comes out saying "Oh, it's illegal to smoke now!". It took my father from the time I was seven years old to the time I was 13 to be able to successfully quit smoking after many failed attempts. Wouldn't you feel terrible if your mother or father was sent to rehab or put in prison because they smoked cigarettes and then couldn't quit after the law was made?

Second hand smoke doesn't effect people that much. It is someones own decision to smoke, and it really does not harm many people but themselves. I do agree that there should be restrictions on where people can smoke (I don't think it should be allowed in enclosed, public areas), because some people do have asthma or other health problems that smoking could effect.

I have lost several family members (Thankfully, none of them were immediate family members) to lung cancer caused by smoking. I still do not think it should be banned.
Many, many people would lose jobs. There are hundreds and hundreds of people who grow tobacco, sell tobacco, work in cigarette factories, etc. They would all lose their jobs. People would get in trouble and arrested for smoking; a habit they can't break. It is something addictive; you can't just stop as soon as a law comes out saying "Oh, it's illegal to smoke now!". It took my father from the time I was seven years old to the time I was 13 to be able to successfully quit smoking after many failed attempts. Wouldn't you feel terrible if your mother or father was sent to rehab or put in prison because they smoked cigarettes and then couldn't quit after the law was made?

Second hand smoke doesn't effect people that much. It is someones own decision to smoke, and it really does not harm many people but themselves. I do agree that there should be restrictions on where people can smoke (I don't think it should be allowed in enclosed, public areas), because some people do have asthma or other health problems that smoking could effect.
So? They can find new jobs! Smoking causes 15% of Global Warming! In about maybe 15-20 years New York and many other places are going to be flooded because of Global Warming!

Yes of course it should. >.< Too many people are getting cancer and dying because of it. It's also very bad for the environment. I wish I could go back in time and make sure that the people who invented smoking and stop them. :gozarutchi: I know one thing for sure: I AM NEVER GOING TO SMOKE. None of my relatives smoke (or had smoked) so I won't be getting bad influence.

SMOKING SHOULD BE ILLEGAL

So? They can find new jobs! Smoking causes 15% of Global Warming! In about maybe 15-20 years New York and many other places are going to be flooded because of Global Warming!
Okay, first of all, that is completely untrue. Secondly: So? They can find other places to live.

Same thing. You can't just go live somewhere else. You can't just go get a new job. Jobs aren't easy to come by.

I don't understand why everytime someone says something you say "So? It doesn't matter!" You asked for opinions. Listen to them and accept them. We're not telling you to change your opinion. We're telling you what we think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back