Silver Mist Wolf Pack

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little did Catori know that she and Tive had wandered into the pack's territory, and were getting further in. Tive darted ahead, laughing loudly, whooping and hollering as if there were no tomorrow. Being young, she didn't know that other wolves wouldn't be kind about strays, and that many packs did not like to be disturbed. She just thought that everyone shared the same world, so they should wander where they like. She giggled and ran further into the pack's lands, not being cautious at all.

"Tive! Tive!" Catori hissed, her eyes quickly flashing right and left, right and left, trying to keep the pup from creating havoc. "This isn't the right game!" She loved playing just as much as anyone else, but they could be ripped to shreds if they weren't careful.

Cooper grinned and nodded. "Yeah, Fang was talking about it earlier. I think I can handle it," he said with a small chuckle. His ears perked up when he heard a small sound. He waited for a moment as the sound grew lounder and he could tell it was a wolf. "Shall we go check it out?"

Tive just kept galloping onward, tumbling over her own feet as she went. Even though she had been through a lot-- her mother leaving her behind, wandering all alone-- she still had a childish spirit and a kind heart, and was easily made happy by the simplest things. She howled loudly, then burst into laughter, rolling on the ground. "This is fun, Catori! me and you are like sisters!"

"Tive... oh no. No no no no!" Catori whispered. "I have just met you, and we are not sisters, okay? Now can you please be quiet? You're going to get us in trouble, and we don't want that, not if we want the pack to accept us and like us. You're creating a big racket, and we're lost enough already."

Chloe grinned mischievously. "Let this be your first act as alpha male. Lets see how you do. Come on!" with that Chloe took off into a full sprint, stopping every so often to stick her snout in the air to scent for the strange wolves approaching.

Catori sighed softly as Tive wandered into a clearing, still howling and laughing at the top of her voice. "Someday," she declared, her chest swelling with pride, "I'm going to be a great huntress! Just like my mommy! Are you a great huntress... uh... what's your name?"

"Catori."

"Catori, are you a great huntress?" Tive asked at the top of her lungs, not knowing the meaning of stealth or secrecy.

"Shhh! I really don't know, I'm good at it, but I only hunt enough to get by! I don't have a pack, I live on my own. And I like it!"

"If you like it so much, why are you looking for a pack?" Tive asked, tilting her head to the side and scratching behind her ears. Then she tensed up, her eyes growing wide with fear. Catori tensed as well, hearing the sounds of animals approaching. Quickly, Catori nudged Tive behind her and said, "Don't come out from behind me. If something happens to me, run away." Catori winced as she remembered her mother's last words to her, and they reverberated in her head.

"Finding Devlyn and, well, keeping him out of trouble; and catching three squirrels for him as well." Dawn told Fang, not bothered even a little bit by the fact he was a bit emotional, as it would have if she was still alpha of her old pack. Her tail stopped wagging at the sad, torturous thought of the past and she immediatly tried to mentally shake herself. "I missed you." She licked the side of his face then gestured to Devlyn with her eyes, "Do you think Chloe's going to let him stay? And what did I miss?"

Fang grinned wide and sighed with relief. His anxieties seemed to drain out of him and finally felt that everything was going to be alright now that Dawn was back, safe and sound. Fang chuckled at Dawn's questions. "It's like you don't know my sister at all. Of course she'll let him stay. It's very rare that she turns down a pup in need of a home," he pointed out. "Oh and you've missed quite a lot around here." Fang sat down beside Dawn, warmth rushing through his entire body as he savored being close to her again. "For starters, there are a lot of new members to the pack. You'll meet them later," he explained, not really wanting to list them at the moment. "And a bunch of our pack members have mates now. Shelly and Prince, who also have two pups now. Grace and Sterling. Grace just had a litter of five the other day. And now, the newest couple, Cooper and Chloe," Fang said triumphantly and puffed out his chest with brotherly pride. "And that means our pack now has an alpha male. Finally." Fang smiled and scratched behind his ear with his back paw. "Told you you missed a lot."

Tive was very jittery though, and instead of doing as Catori had told her to, she said, "We have to hide! We have to get away!" With that, she broke into a run, panic filling her. Catori followed behind as closely as she could, but the pup was very fast, and she movements were sporadic.

"Come back! We have to stick together!" Catori called frantically, tying to keep track of Tive and the sounds of the approaching wolves.

Then, Tive ran headfirst into Chloe. "Oof!" She looked up, then gave a cry of alarm, backing away slightly. "I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!"

ooc: I love reading your posts. I like your writing style. lD

Chloe looked down at the trembling pup and cast her gaze to Cooper. "Isn't she cute?" she asked rhetorically. "Hello sweetie. Are you lost?" Chloe purred in a gentle voice. She did not want to scare the pup away, just in case her mom was close by and looking for her. "I won't hurt you sweetheart. It's okay."

ooc: Thank you! :3

Tive said, "Me and Catori heard noises, and I got scared, so I ran to find a place to hide." She started blubbering and sniffling, scared out of her wits, completely unable to contain her emotions. "please don't be mad, we didn't know we were intruding, we were looking for a pack! We don't have any..."

Catori finally caught up, then stepped back when she saw the two other wolves. Instead of acting cocky or arrogant, as many wolves did when they met alphas from other packs, she simply bowed her head and said, "The pup is with me. And all she says is true. Please don't cast us aside. The little one needs a pack, at least give her that much. As for myself, I leave my fate in your hands."

Cooper smiled gently at both of them and nuzzled Tive's head gently in a calming manner. "I can see that you both didn't mean any harm. I'd say that you can stay with us, but we have to make sure it's okay with Chloe as well," he said to both of them. "First off, my name is Cooper, and as of about ten minutes ago, I'm the alpha male. Chloe here is the alpha female. May I ask your names?" He asked gently and sat down slowly.

Catori smiled slightly at the kindness shown toward Tive. It was reassuring to her, knowing that they would be in good hands. "I'm Catori of the northern mountains. That's where I and my mother lived. It's a pleasure to meet the both of you." She bowed her head once more, closing her eyes.

"I'm Tive!" Tive explained, smiling and jumping from side to side happily. "I like you two, you're very nice! I'm glad to meet you!" She gave a happy bark, then shook her fur playfully.

"You say you lived in the mountains? What brings you all the way out here?" Chloe asked, a bit surprised that Catori had traveled so far.

Catori said, "When I was younger, my mother and I were separated. Ever since then, I have been wandering, on my own. Somehow, I managed to end up here, and then I met Tive, who was in a situation similar to myself." She kept her head down, her eyes focused on the ground, afraid that looking the two other wolves in the eye would make her get emotional. It had happened so long ago, but it still hurt.

Chloe gave an understanding nod. "Even though it was so long ago, I'm sorry for your loss Catori. I know what it's like to be separated from your mother," she said softly as the memories flooded back into her mind.

Catori softly said, "Tive's mother is gone too. I promise, we'll do our share. We truly do need a pack to stay with though. The child mostly. Please, please let us join your pack." Catori brought herself to look up, and her eyes were full of honesty.

"Pretty pretty please?" Tive begged, giving her best puppy dog eyes.

Dawn's eyes narrowed with curiousity and surprise at what he'd said, her tongue rolling out of her mouth a bit as she thought. "I haven't even been gone that long and not only do pack members have mates now, but pups as well?" She mulled this over slowly, noting the fact that it didn't take the members here very long to trust or have relations with the other wolves; when, at her old pack, it would definately take years for any of that to occur. She wasn't exactly rejecting the idea, persay, just it was unusual for her. Devlyn nipped at her hind legs a bit until she spoke, "Wow, that's...a lot of stuff has happened. I hadn't meant to miss so much. I got side-tracked with Devlyn. And Cooper's alpha male?" She hadn't seen that coming, but she was happy for the pair. "Wow."

Shelly laughed and ran toward the cave. "I'm here. I'm here." She licked Prince's cheek before taking a bite of the delicious looking meat--which it was as good as it looked. "Thank you Alfonzo."
Alfonzo said "Thanks, I caught it myself." Everybody ate for a while and then Prince said he was going back to the cave. He went and fell asleep for a while. After about 1 hour, he woke up. Then he heard echoing voices. He looked out and this is what they were saying:

"We have to hide! We have to get away!"
"What is that?" Prince asked himself.

"Come back! We have to stick together!"
"Oh, no! The pack is under attack!!!" Prince said. "Shelly! Christy! Conner! We've got company!"

"Oof!" "I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!"
"Shelly, stay here and keep the children safe. I'm going to get this attacker out of here!"

If only Prince knew what he was getting into. lol :)

EDIT: Typo. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shelly heard what Prince said--rather shouted--and stayed put with the children.

"What's going on mommy?" Christy asked with a slight whimper.

"I don't know honey. Just stay here with me and we should be alright." Shelly stood in front of her children to keep them safe--from whatever it was Prince thought was going on.

"Let me at 'em! I'll take 'em down in no time!" Connor jumped out from behind his mother and growled--in his little pup voice. He looked back at his mother and said, "I'll go help daddy," then he ran out of the cave.

"No Connor! Come back!" Shelly shouted, but Connor was already running after his father.

Tive glanced over and noticed Connor running towards her. She gave a yelp of fear, then hid behind Catori's legs. "Catori! There are more of them!"

Latest posts

Back