Sneaking tamagotchi into school

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hide it in my Pencilbag, its very Ideal, but since im in 7th grade, some DUMBUTTS (I cant say bad words here ._.) Think that my little Mimitchi is Pikatchu, and they say that my Tama sucks because it is 8Bit. Does anybody hate that?

The fact they don't like something that would be 8-bit means they don't have good taste to begin with, in my opinion. There are plenty of 8-bit games that are absolute classics.

Help, I'm a guy in 6th grade (middle school) I take these classes: Math,ELA,DesktopPublishing(advancedComputer),socialStudies(strict),GYM,synergistics(advancedMathAndScience),andScience. I use my phone during passing periods, before school, waiting for my my bus before and after school, and in class when they let us "listen to music with 1 Earbud" HELP, WHAT CLASSES DO I PLAY IT IN?

I'm lucky enough to be in a situation where as long as I'm not playing with my Tamagotchi and it doesn't interrupt the lesson I can keep it on my desk. The newer Tamagotchi's can be paused by pressing buttons A and B at the same time so if you're starting on a baby Tama and you wanna take it to school there's no worries about letting baby go hungry or wallowing in its own poop. If you have a laptop bag keep it in a compartment where it won't be damaged and only take it out before and after the lesson ends. If you own a v1 Tamagotchi you can pause it by keeping it on the change time setting. If your teachers are less strict check it after the teacher has finished speaking and you're absolutely sure she/he isn't looking. It's a lot easier to get away with if you're short and the person who sits in-front of you is taller, like me. (4'10". very short for a 17 year old.)

I hope this helps to keep your teachers and your tama happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god, embarrassing tama stories. I was in year 10 (9th grade) and I had my V4.5. I loved that one. I had raised it to 10th gen. I took it out before Japanese once to check the time and my hawk-eyed teacher spotted it. I got it taken off me and I was so upset I cried for the rest of the lesson. I got teased so much by my classmates. I didn't get it back for weeks because at my school, they have a safe to put confiscated items into, and your parents have to collect them. I went in and asked a month later, and they gave it to me, thankfully. But even though I paused it, it had died. My poor little Hidetchi. I was so mad at my teacher for unpausing it.

Oh, yeah, and that time in year 7 (6th grade) when my V4 got mail and I forgot to turn the sound off. Everybody stared at me. But thankfully my teacher was a deaf old bat and she didn't even notice. *whew*

Reading this topic brings back awesome memories of sneaking Tamas into easier schools than my current one. At this one, all the girls (it's a girls school) are really annoying and they have to know EVERYTHING about you. When I had a cold and needed to blow my nose often, whenever I walked to the bin with a crumpled tissue everyone started asking me why I was going there. And they stare at me whenever I make the slightest noise...so who knows what would happen if I started playing on a Tama.

I've never had one of those Tama beeping incidents, but a similar thing happened with my phone during maths. It's happened to two of us so far. At least mine was only on vibrate, whereas the other girl's was on top volume ringtone.

I just take them to school and play on pauses, but still I rather hide them. Year ago I showed them to my class and they were cool with it, some of them ignored it and few of them checked it out, some wondered where are their ones and one guy played with it.

Now I'm less confident.

I remember some beeping accidents, but nobody noticed.

Tamas came out when I was 10 years old, and the school pretty much got swamped with them, every kid had at least one, and if someone didnt have one you could trade for one because they were like baseball cards at our school. I got mine by taking broken ones and fixing them. The teachers were overwhelmed with all the tamagotchis and confinscated them (TONS OF THEM) but many didnt know how to turn them off, my teacher personally put them all in a bag and muffled them under a pillow when she got frustrated with us, eventually kids learned how to 'pause' them by going into the clock and opening it to edit the time which was basically pause for us.

I bet my old elementary teachers had a small fortune in tamagotchis but threw em all out x.x

Here's an embarrassing tama story: I snuck my V6 into the front pocket of my book bag with the sound off before my dad got home or my mom got downstairs. When I got home from school, I sat down on the stairs, slid my tama under a book, slid it out, and checked on it. My dad said it wasn't there before. I convinced him, but barely... -_-

I was in like grade 2 and I brought in a digi pet or something like that and it was in my desk and it beeped and the Teacher (yes the Teacher comes into this one as well LOL) took it of me and said I can have it at the end of the day so I could not wait till the end of the day. But @ the end of the day, the teacher gave it back 2 me and I found it dead! :( But I do not have the digi pet now, but I have learnt my lesson to NEVER EVER bring it in to school! :rolleyes: Wise decision @ my school is to not even think about sneaking in Tamas and I learnt that at a VERY young age! -_-

In 3rd grade, there was a PJ party at school! All the girls bought their Tamagotchis, so nobody had to sneak theirs in. It was more like a Tamagotchi PJ Party..Lol.

I wouldn't dare bring my tama to school since I'm 18 and in high school, and imagine the embarrassment if I got caught with it? :p I just leave it paused at home and then unpause it as soon as I get back. :)

I didn't have to sneek any of my Tamagotchi's into school until Grade 6. In Elementry school Tamagotchi's where VERY popular and the teachers didn't care as long as you paused it or it wouldn't distract you.

In Grade 6 I snuck my V3 into class and got caught several times, but for a weird reason I never had it taken away from me.

Then during a Grade 6 field trip to the theatre, we were watching "Shrek Forever After" and some kid dumped my V3 into his ice cream...I got mad because that was my very first Tamagotchi!!! > :(

I brought in my V4 to school, I had to put behind my teacher's desk only once. My teacher was so confused on how to take care of it, so I showed her how. weird, huh? and that was last year!

Man, this brings back memories.. when the first batch of Tamas came out, I was 11. Sneaking them into school wasn't a big issue for me. I'd just put it in my trouser/skirt pockets (I'd make sure my skirts had pockets. I still do that, haha) and sneakily check it during class. Or pretend I'm looking for something inside my desk or something like that. A lot of people had them back then. Our teachers never complained about it, though. Come to think of it, that's kinda weird, haha! Maybe it's because I live in a town (I grew up here too) and people are just more open-minded?

Then they became less popular (and harder to find) around here, but I kept playing. I was the only one though, everyone else was being all "we're gonna grow up as fast as we can, get married to our current boyfriend, have kids, and die.", and most of them have. But I couldn't be happy like that.. I wanna be alive ;) so I kept playing Tamagotchi until it eventually died on me for good. The buttons were completely worn down and.. well.. I couldn't play anymore. So then I got the V4, and loved it SO much I got 3 more XD all V4s :p

Now I'm 26 and I've got my iD L running and a Hanerutchi2 on the way, so.. Not giving up my tama-mama-ness any time soon ;)

I just play with mine at break time and pause it during class. I always have it one mute at school time to. :lol:

But since i'm a senior (grade 12) and have lots of study classes, i sometimes turn it on in class. This is only when i finished my set work and have nothing else to do till the bell gose.

I find pencil cases are good places to stash them, and you can still play with them without anyone noticing. Make sure you keep you eye site even, as in, don't look at it to much. B)

If you do use it in class, don't play games. Just give it a check up.

Its also true that looking after babies in class is hared then adults. But that's why you have a pause button XD :p

I'm in college so it's not a big deal really for me, however I don't pull them out during class since usually we are very busy from start to finish of the class. I don't normally bring them, though, and just end up pausing them and leaving them at home as to not have a repeat of losing them or getting them stolen.

Well now it's not a problem since I'm in uni, I usually just put it on the desk beside me. It's not that big of a deal and no one cares. I don't really play with it during a lesson though since it's usually "go, go, go" in lectures.

But I remember the last I had them with me at school: grade six. I remember having one of those desks with a pocket? If that makes sense, it's right beneath it, so you could store your books and stuff. I usually just had it there. Otherwise I'd be sneaking off to the bathroom a lot to feed/play with it.

I'm in college now but I remember my first tamagotchi and how much of a hassle it would have been for my teacher to take all of ours away from us. He was cool, so he let us play with them during quiet work time and of course lunch and recess. I was in 5th grade and almost everyone in my class had one. Some people got bored of them really fast and I begged them to let me take care of theirs. I used to have them all lined up in my pencil shelf in my desk. Later through middle school I had them taken away a few times though. Now that I'm I'm college though I just have one going and it's attached to my key lanyard. I usually have it either in my pocket, checking it every hour or so, or I let it sit on my desk and I carefully play with it. Some people have thought it was cool that I had one, even. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back