Talking to Yourself.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

animelover22

Reaction score
Here's the issue:

I tend to talk to myself. Not once in awhile. Every, single, minute. I have discussions with myself about this, and that. It seems as though my only friend, the only one who will talk to me, is myself. I can't stop it. My mind is always discussing things with me. It feels like it's becoming a health thing to me. I honestly don't know how to stop it. It's hurting my brain. Make it stop!

Help!

You mean...saying your thoughts out loud and stuff? I do that too. It really is annoying. I also say things to myself when I'm thinking of what to say to someone else. It really is annoying, but I don't know how to help you D:

Usually everyone talks to themselves, but if you really want to stop try chewing gum :)

I talk to myself - most people do. It's actually quite normal.

I usually talk to myself when I'm alone, though. I'll just sit at my desk with my mirror and speak. But usually I'll be pretending there's someone there.. like, I'll pretend to be making a video or meeting someone new or something. xD -Can'tBelieveIJustSaidThat-

I do agree, though, that if you're talking to yourself all the time - every minute - it's a bit of a problem. You should probably speak to your parents, or someone who knows you more than we do. Good luck.

Esther took what I wanted to say straight out of my mouth/fingers.

I talk to myself all the time also. Especially when I'm alone. I'll go on and on about absolutely nothing. And I also pretend like I'm making a video, or talking to someone, or meeting someone new. I don't think there's too much wrong with it. Maybe just try keeping your mouth shut and think instead of speaking. Think all you want, but just don't speak. That's what I do when I'm in public. :)

I guess it's pretty normal though to talk to yourself.

I talk to myself more than I talk to anyone else. :0

I usually talk to myself when I'm alone, though. I'll just sit at my desk with my mirror and speak. But usually I'll be pretending there's someone there.. like, I'll pretend to be making a video or meeting someone new or something. xD -Can'tBelieveIJustSaidThat-
Same here. xP Isn't it fun? :'D

Talking to yourself is common, but if it's ALL the time, you should try to stop. You don't wanna embarrass yourself someday. ;D

I talk to myself if I am trying to do something that requires extreme concentration.

Talking to yourself is actually a vital tool in life. You can plan the outcomes of different scenarios in life, you can prepare for a speech you have to give at school. Sometimes we talk to ourselves just to vent out the day's problems. Every person has a way of dealing with things. For some, it is talking to theirselves. I don't think you should try to stop talking to yourself. It is a perfectly reasonable way to get rid of stress, and analyze certain situations.

I can't talk to myself. It feels akward to me. So I can't make videos, cause it feels like I'm talking to myself, so I get nervous. So, you see, talking to yourself is a good thing

I only talk to myself if I'm frustrated like if I can't find something. It's like "OK, where did I put that ?".

I do agree, though, that if you're talking to yourself all the time - every minute - it's a bit of a problem. You should probably speak to your parents, or someone who knows you more than we do. Good luck.
Oh, me too! Thanks for proving I'm not the only one, Esther luff. xD

Here's the issue:
I tend to talk to myself. Not once in awhile. Every, single, minute. I have discussions with myself about this, and that. It seems as though my only friend, the only one who will talk to me, is myself. I can't stop it. My mind is always discussing things with me. It feels like it's becoming a health thing to me. I honestly don't know how to stop it. It's hurting my brain. Make it stop!

Help!
i do that alot to. it mostly happens when im going to sleep though. i just dont talk to myself basically 24-7 like you are saying you do.

I do a little bit, Mostly when I'm alone by myself. I just say everything I'm thinking out loud, instead of keeping in like I would do with people around.

I honestly don't see a problem with it. Just try your hardest to stop. If it gets that bad, you could see a psychiatrist to seek therapy. Good luck :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes talk to myself, out of nowhere lol.

But not as much as my friend. We'll be talking on the phone or face-to-face with a group of friends and he'll be all, "Hang on! I need to talk to myself for a minute!!!"

It's really awkward for me.

I never really talk to myself. I talk to myself in my head though. xD

I don't think it's that big of a problem.

Usually if you talk out loud, you might just be an auditory learner, which means you concentrate better by hearing things than just thinking them. It's like someone who learns better by seeing pictures than hearing something. It's just how you are. :]

At least you're never lonely, aha.

[SIZE=14pt]Eh my suggestion don't fight it A) You are you brain and B ) you can't beat yourself. ON an upside You know you're the smartest person you can talk to and trust :3 [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Me too xD

and those imaginary vids were for tamatalk xD

I sometimes talk to myself.

Its at its worst during exams. I can't do maths problems without saying outloud what I'm going to do. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back