Tama-Go worth it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Save yourself the frustration. Don't buy a tama-go. I happen to have one, and although some of the backgrounds are fun, you should invest your money elsewhere. Really. I bought myself an iD-L last october and I love it. They are a bit pricey though. But in my opinion it was worth it. Plus, I don't know a word of Japanese and I could still figure it out. Tama-Zone has a pretty good guide for them if you can find it. But definitely, do not get a tama-go. The people who enjoy them obviously haven't ever played with a color tamagotchi.
It's sort of rude to make an assumption like that. Just because you like color tamas and not the tama-go doesn't automatically mean that everyone who likes it only likes it because they never played a color tama. I just got my first color tama today and yes it is very cool and more advanced than a tama-go but i still like my tama-go. Just because there is a more advanced version doesn't mean the tama-go is no good. As the current newest english tama it is very nice. It features great characters and fun games especially if you get the figures.

You're entitled to your opinion of course but try not to make generalizing statements like that as they will probably turn out wrong and might offend some people.

I'm really sorry I offended anyone! I guess I was just angry because I can't stand my tama-go. And for all you people out there who enjoy the tama-go, I apologize for making those assumptions. Wow. That sounded really formal and weird. Whatever. The real message here is that I'm sorry.

I have a Tama-Go or two around just because I'm a collector, but I personally don't see the need for its excessive size, even with the figures - I mean there had to have been some other option that could have allowed everything (figures and all) to be much more compact. When I play with a Tamagotchi, I like that it can sit in my hand or fit in my pocket - and as much as I absolutely adore the +Color varieties, I usually don't even carry them around in my pocket because of their size (and my worry of scratching their screens which seem to be made of a way softer plastic than the Connections.) The Tama-Go is considerably larger than even the +Color Tamas and the figures just add to the weight.

I just feel like the Tama-Go lacks portability where other Tamas have fit the bill perfectly. When I carry a Tama-Go around, I also need to carry the figures, and that plastic chain thingy is so flimsy, and the whole unit is just so bulky... the original concept of the Tamagotchi being a keychain was to encourage Tama owners to take them along with them wherever they went. The Tama-Go completely defeats that purpose.

I also dislike the lack of a color screen and the screen having no backdrop design. I know this is to allow the whole toned-pixel effect and the "housing" in the background but it still just doesn't sit right with me. The whole design just screams 'we're desperate to make something so new and different that it will catch a whole new wave of fans that will carry the legacy on through a whole new generation like the originals did' but the reality of it is that they just seem to be pinching their pennies and/or grasping at poorly-crafted marketing straws. Change is not always good.

This is just my two bits. The Tama-Gos are definitely not doing well where I live, they're practically giving them away at London Drugs right now for a whopping 49 cents a piece if I remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, im enjoying the Tama-go. if you're the collector type then you might like the idea of collecting the figures. You can also change the faceplate of the unit itself, if you like customization. each figure comes with a new paper faceplate patern.

As far as the size of it, i can understand how it being so bulky would be annoying to someone who wants to carry it everywhere.

For me however, I always carry a purse so I just slip it in a pouch inside my bag to keep it safe. And also, I only really have time to play with it when I'm either on break at work or at home.

If you really want an awesome tamagotchi, I would just splurg on the iD L. But if you want something right now thats cheaper ( if you find a good deal of the tama go figures... look on amazon for good deals) the tama- go is still fun.

but just an observation... considering the amount of money you would spend buying a tama -go and large amount of figures.. you could of also have had enough to buy an iD L.

Well, I got a Tama-Go for Christmas 2010 and I quite enjoyed it. So much so that sometime last year I got a second one. I currently have both running.

I'd say it's worth checking out. It's not the best version (I don't like the lack of games)but it's still pretty good, and they're very cheap whenever I see them. I found mine in clearance at target for $5 and the figures aren't too bad either (although I haven't bought any, can't find em and I'm fine with just the memetchi coin drop game that came with mine).

I used to think the tama-go wasnt worth it. Because of the size and the figures..but since ive given it a chance....theres something really lovable bout this version. I cant seem to pause it! lol

The Tama-go is definately fun at first. I enjoyed mine for quite a while.

However, after a while, the size... it gets to you. I used to hate when people would say "I don't run it because of the size!" But... it's true. That's the reason why I don't run my Tama-go. If it was flatter I would love it. Gameplay is cute, and the built in games are fun.

It's hard to manage, though. I like my Tamas to be inconspicuous and, well, not weight as much as a brick.

And, like someone said earlier, with all the money you spend on figurines, you may as well buy a color Tamagotchi. I've been running my iD L for 60 (nearly) straight generations, where as my Tama-go for only 20-something.

But that's just my opinion, of course.

I have a Tama-Go it iss preety fun. It has fun games and unlocks stores and resteraunts. But it is pretty bulky though... :rolleyes:

Does bulky really matter? Seriously they hit a milestone by getting figures,carry cases, face plates, jewled face plate cover!!!! :eek:

Tama-Go is fun and all, but it is like, 25$, and then about 5$ for the seperate figures, and most of them dont do much.

I got my figures for $2.50 each, and my pink Tama-Go for $10 xD They were on special.

I own all three of the wave 2 TMGOS, and I really enjoy them. The features are really fun, and buying d

Seperate gotcha figures isn't that bad because the games are super fun and the shops are good too. I wouldn't wait for color tamagotchies because they are too expensive in my opinion.

I think the TMGO is one of my favorite versions and the size doesn't bother me (though that might be different for some people)

All and all I recommend the TMGO!!!!

Love: Sakura-san123 <3

When I got my Tama-Go for Christmas, I didn't like it because I wasn't really a GF collecter because they were none there. I bet I'm going to like it when my figures come. So, if you're a person who likes collecting stuff, I think you should go for it :)

I have my tamago since yesterday, my first impression went a little like this: MY GOD THAT IS ONE BIG TAMA.

The sound quality is bad, but that's just my opinion, i love the quality in my V6 it's so clear and fun.

I only have 1 figure, the one that came with it and that was the Memetchi.

It's only a toddler and like they said it's really not needy. That has annoyed me a few times, I was like, c'mon i wanna play!!! XD

I've ordered all the characters, but they still have to come in the mail. I think that when you have a few characters to click on your tamago, it makes it a lot more fun.

So far my favorite tama is still the V6. I love it.

Maybe my tamago will become more fun when i have more characters and when it grows up a little, i don't know.

If you want one, i would buy it, it's not even that expensive anymore when you check ebay. They are becoming cheaper and cheaper.

And I also think that they would become even more fun when tamatown is working again....IF IT WILL EVER WORK AGAIN.... :(

Hi it's me again.

I wanted to let you know that all my characters have arrived, I have all 12 of them.

I'm going to be completely honest with you, if you play without any of the figurines, the tama-go can be quite boring!

Like in really boring.

If you play with them, it's so cool, i think it's one of the most coolest tamas ever :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back