TamaChat only open on weekends for August

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello why would u do that now evryone has to wait but i guess i except this change

I agree %100. If you where in there all the time, you would have increased Alot of people's warning levels. 2 days ago it got really ugly in there and Some people were swearing so much it wasn't funny. I'm sure the new system will work! And I'm glad to hear that Guides will be in there!! YAY!

Hello TamaTalkers!I wanted to let everyone know that, for now, the plan is to have TamaChat open only on weekends in August.

The chat room has proven itself to be popular... However it has also become a huge source of problems for me and the Guides. We can only keep watch so long and it sometimes seems like every time we turn somebody goes in there and starts cussing up a storm. I have received numerous comments from members and parents of members who expressed shock and outrage at the behavior of some in the chat room... I feel horrible about it can only do so much.

So why go to only weekends?

* Weekends means it is more of a reason to sign in on weekends... It also increases the chances of lots of people being on at the same time so you have others to talk to.

* Weekends also means it is more manageable to have a Guide online more of the time to handle serious abuse/problems

* Bandwidth savings also plays into this... But not as much as before...

This will be a test... Let's see how it goes. If problems keep coming up we can re-evaluate... If it goes really well we can look into adding more days. My hope is to someday have a system that works in a way so as to prevent or limit the abuse of our chat system. I hope nobody is too disappointed... :(

I look forward to hearing your comments... Please feel free to post if you have any.

-Admin-
I like that better.Thanks ADMIN. :(

One item of note... We had been running TamaChat all week long as a test to begin with... Based on some kind sponsors who pitche din some money to pay for the increased bandwidth use. I thought it was working really well until I started receiving more PMS about abuse in chat than anything else... I think it got out of hand...

Instead of going back to the old schedule of chat open only on Saturday, I decided to make it Saturday AND Sunday. I realize many are disappointed to lose TamaChat during the week... We can revisit this later as we go... For now, I'm sorry, but it isn't worth the headache caused by trying to keep things moving along while also trying to keep other things moving as well... :(

*Post removed by G+J*

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, never knew we went back to the topic.

Hello?This is a sertanly BAD idea Admin!!Change it!
Be more helpful to me... How is a bad idea? Like I said... I am open to any ideas, etc. My only desire is that a way to control the problems be taken into account...

Hello TamaTalkers!I wanted to let everyone know that, for now, the plan is to have TamaChat open only on weekends in August.

The chat room has proven itself to be popular... However it has also become a huge source of problems for me and the Guides. We can only keep watch so long and it sometimes seems like every time we turn somebody goes in there and starts cussing up a storm. I have received numerous comments from members and parents of members who expressed shock and outrage at the behavior of some in the chat room... I feel horrible about it can only do so much.

* Weekends means it is more of a reason to sign in on weekends... It also increases the chances of lots of people being on at the same time so you have others to talk to.

* Weekends also means it is more manageable to have a Guide online more of the time to handle serious abuse/problems

This will be a test... Let's see how it goes. If problems keep coming up we can re-evaluate... If it goes really well we can look into adding more days. My hope is to someday have a system that works in a way so as to prevent or limit the abuse of our chat system. I hope nobody is too disappointed... :ph34r:

I look forward to hearing your comments... Please feel free to post if you have any.

-Admin-
i just wanted to say that i think it is UNFAIR that in July you had it open 24/7 and now ONLY on weekends??OH WELL!

Dear Admin,

I too, think this is a good idea, however, I do not want to see a riot occour. We should tell people that this does not mean we can't e-mail our friends. It is just a test and we shall see how it goes. I am hoping, since I loved the chat like many other people, we shall add more days on, like weekdays and will try to do what we usually did before, if it goes well. If it does, I hope we will add a few days but not all of them. If it doesn't, then I hope it will be the weekends only.

Many thanks,

Alimania :ph34r:

Dear Admin,I too, think this is a good idea, however, I do not want to see a riot occour. We should tell people that this does not mean we can't e-mail our friends. It is just a test and we shall see how it goes. I am hoping, since I loved the chat like many other people, we shall add more days on, like weekdays and will try to do what we usually did before, if it goes well. If it does, I hope we will add a few days but not all of them. If it doesn't, then I hope it will be the weekends only.

Many thanks,

Alimania :ph34r:
Very well put, almost like the Administrator's grammar.

This will be a test... Let's see how it goes. If problems keep coming up we can re-evaluate... If it goes really well we can look into adding more days. My hope is to someday have a system that works in a way so as to prevent or limit the abuse of our chat system. I hope nobody is too disappointed... :)

-Admin-
this makes a whole lot sense.

Ok! GUYS!No need to get worked up about this. :furawatchi: Please keep it friendly for all.

Now, this is the exact behaviour that we are experencing in the Chat, then their is no wonder that it has been shifted to weekends rather than open all week. Behaviour like this (if continiued) may result in a warning. Please stop. :mimitchi: .

Now, moving back on topic
Sorry I get mad when ppl start saying bad things to my friend *Well I am his friend anyway*

Well anyway I am glad a guide will b on because like I said b4 last saturday there were no guides on so it just keep going and going!

that is so stupid that it is only open on weekends. y is that its so weird. please open the chat on any day cos im board and wanna talk.

i go in the chat room heaps like every night and i have never head any bad swearing

leave it on all da time or else i'll stuff with da site hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back