TamaChat only open on weekends for August

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that the chat room is only open on Sat. & Sun. but I think the chat room should also be open Fri. 4 p.m. :blink:

Yahoo

hi i'm loking for someone to talk to. <_< do u have time to talk with me

hi i'm looking for someone to talk to. <_< would u like to talk

Hello TamaTalkers!I wanted to let everyone know that, for now, the plan is to have TamaChat open only on weekends in August.

The chat room has proven itself to be popular... However it has also become a huge source of problems for me and the Guides. We can only keep watch so long and it sometimes seems like every time we turn somebody goes in there and starts cussing up a storm. I have received numerous comments from members and parents of members who expressed shock and outrage at the behavior of some in the chat room... I feel horrible about it can only do so much.

So why go to only weekends?

* Weekends means it is more of a reason to sign in on weekends... It also increases the chances of lots of people being on at the same time so you have others to talk to.

* Weekends also means it is more manageable to have a Guide online more of the time to handle serious abuse/problems

* Bandwidth savings also plays into this... But not as much as before...

This will be a test... Let's see how it goes. If problems keep coming up we can re-evaluate... If it goes really well we can look into adding more days. My hope is to someday have a system that works in a way so as to prevent or limit the abuse of our chat system. I hope nobody is too disappointed... :D

I look forward to hearing your comments... Please feel free to post if you have any.

-Admin-
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww i was gonna meet mt44 on there this school week!!!!! :( :( :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back