Tamagotchi fan video game!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were to implement a boss though, maybe mario party style where usually you have to win against bowser junior in a mini game and if he finishes first before you, you lose.

Rock N' roll hope the game is a big success and ya I want more of your drawings :p

Umm I added UraTamaTown and some Violetchi houses and did more of the intro and fixed some glitches... I still need to add more minigames oops

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways, LAN functionality up to 32 players and a bibliography would be good. I think you could throw in alternate Mametchi colors and/or additional characters for the LAN multiplayer, and a bibliography would make your games more well-known. Also, if you released it on Onlive (For Cloudlift), I would be able to play it from my couch or in the car. Additionally, even if no one buys it, at least one lucky person in my Facebook gaming group would have it.

EMF, don't work too hard, like always try to be happy if your not, coz, overworking and sad all the time is bad for your body.

Anyways, LAN functionality up to 32 players and a bibliography would be good. I think you could throw in alternate Mametchi colors and/or additional characters for the LAN multiplayer, and a bibliography would make your games more well-known. Also, if you released it on Onlive (For Cloudlift), I would be able to play it from my couch or in the car. Additionally, even if no one buys it, at least one lucky person in my Facebook gaming group would have it.
Maybe a little too ambitious? EMF is no professional game maker and wants to make the game for fun. She wanted to make a simple, cute and fun game and that's what she's gonna make. I don't see any point for having LAN here as it's an adventure game-esque composed of mini games. I can see two players competing against each other but that's too much work. She's only using GameMaker. Not Java or Flash or stuff like that. EMF doesn't even work with codes. (I'm still amazed how she did all of this without codes. Applause to EMF you go gurl) As part of the team, we appreciate your suggestion and keep them comin' but please remember this is an adventure fan game for entertainment purposes, not an MMORPG :p

"Additionally, even if no one buys it, at least one lucky person in my Facebook gaming group would have it. "

illegal k bai.

*also i dunno what to do now emf what do you need

Bump by suggestion - we could include some sort of multiplayer mode where you can play co-op and/or competitive modes with your friends through a LAN up of to 5 players. And even though we have music, I might be able to do a remix of "Open Your Heart" from the game Sonic Adventure for the final boss. It's actually not about fighting, it's about stopping a threat to the world - in this case, Mametchi stopping Spacytchi from taking over Tamagotchi Planet.

Bump by suggestion - we could include some sort of multiplayer mode where you can play co-op and/or competitive modes with your friends through a LAN up of to 5 players. And even though we have music, I might be able to do a remix of "Open Your Heart" from the game Sonic Adventure for the final boss. It's actually not about fighting, it's about stopping a threat to the world - in this case, Mametchi stopping Spacytchi from taking over Tamagotchi Planet.
pls, EMF isn't a computer geek who knows LAN and all the stuff, its Game Maker, its simple, this game is not going to be Super Mario Brothers... ughh

Super mario bros is extremely simple to make actually

also I'm sorry but can you please not sound like an idiotic person because

"English plz"

it's just straight-up stupid to say something like that.

OK, no LAN, but I was hoping we could do that. Maybe a "hardcore mode" where the minigames and final boss battle are harder, making it more gamer-oriented? We could make it unlock upon entering a command, which if implemented, would be called the "Collector's Command". It would basically be the same as the command used in older Macintoshes to force it to display a Sad Mac, but Windows-oriented, as long as the command wouldn't pop anything up (I.E. Ctrl+Alt+Delete or something like that). It would be pretty fun for me, and it would boost up my rating of it slightly. However, once the game ends, the game would require the hardcore mode to be selected before starting a new run (which means a playthrough of a game in case EMF sees this) again, preventing the game from becoming too hard for casual gamers such as EMF. If the command would pop something up, we could use a code. I'll leave the code up to you. And maybe a few easter eggs, such as a Dragonbox Pyra being seen in the final stage.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH every time I try to program a minigame it just turns into a disaster and I'm so stressed aghh ;_; Because I didn't use GameMaker for so long I kinda forgot how to use it... .-.

Hey! So, I can't believe I haven't actually done any helping on this project, considering I've been stalking it for a while. XD So, after quickly skimming through the discussion, I don't think I saw very many people helping out with music for the game. I thought a favorite artist of mine, Hot Sugar, had some particularly fitting songs for background music in the game! Their music doesn't often get really intense, it's actually usually really calm, and would be perfect for background music for different locations in-game.

Here are some examples for good background music and the locations they'd be good for:

Title: The Girl Who Stole My Tamagotchi

Location: It honestly seems like it'd be good for the end credits or something. A lot of his songs are very "down-beat", and this one kinda is too, but not as much. It's kinda something that makes you want to reflect, and would be good for the ending. Plus, the title is very fitting!

Title: Not Tonight

Title: Don't Cut Down my Tree

Location: Something here is giving off a vintage aesthetic, but you already seem to have music for there! It could also work in Patchi Forest, though!

Of course, these are all just suggestions, it's not up to me! I think this sort of music would work well, it's not too distracting, and there's plenty to choose from! I hope it's okay that I've gone ahead and contacted Hot Sugar, requesting permission.

nr0pit.png

He's not VERY popular, so we've actually got a chance and getting a response. If he does not respond, though, we could probably use it anyway, I checked his website, he said nothing about not allowing his music to be used for indie projects! Once again, sorry for not requesting permission to contact him from you first, EMF, I figured it'd be best to just do it. I'm really eager to hear your thoughts about this, and everyone else's!

Hey! So, I can't believe I haven't actually done any helping on this project, considering I've been stalking it for a while. XD So, after quickly skimming through the discussion, I don't think I saw very many people helping out with music for the game. I thought a favorite artist of mine, Hot Sugar, had some particularly fitting songs for background music in the game! Their music doesn't often get really intense, it's actually usually really calm, and would be perfect for background music for different locations in-game.

Here are some examples for good background music and the locations they'd be good for:

Title: The Girl Who Stole My Tamagotchi

Location: It honestly seems like it'd be good for the end credits or something. A lot of his songs are very "down-beat", and this one kinda is too, but not as much. It's kinda something that makes you want to reflect, and would be good for the ending. Plus, the title is very fitting!

Title: Not Tonight

Title: Don't Cut Down my Tree

Location: Something here is giving off a vintage aesthetic, but you already seem to have music for there! It could also work in Patchi Forest, though!

Of course, these are all just suggestions, it's not up to me! I think this sort of music would work well, it's not too distracting, and there's plenty to choose from! I hope it's okay that I've gone ahead and contacted Hot Sugar, requesting permission.

nr0pit.png

He's not VERY popular, so we've actually got a chance and getting a response. If he does not respond, though, we could probably use it anyway, I checked his website, he said nothing about not allowing his music to be used for indie projects! Once again, sorry for not requesting permission to contact him from you first, EMF, I figured it'd be best to just do it. I'm really eager to hear your thoughts about this, and everyone else's!
I think that's a great idea :D There will be quite a few minigames so a wide variety of music is good ;)

I'm still doing this in case anyone is wondering XD I just need to brush up on my Game Maker abilities and work out how to fix my glitchy minigames lol.

I think that's a great idea :D There will be quite a few minigames so a wide variety of music is good ;)

I'm still doing this in case anyone is wondering XD I just need to brush up on my Game Maker abilities and work out how to fix my glitchy minigames lol.
Glad you like the idea! ^^"

*points at status update*

My flashdrive with all the files and stuff broke in half...

I'll try to fix it. ;/

I can just save the files from this topic all over again but it's the programming I'm worried about...

I'll see if I have another copy of the in-development game file somewhere on my computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back