Tamagotchi friends; fault or just rubbish?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right Jhud. I posted pictures of my ID l e on my Facebook and a few people were like: okay, you're creepy for collecting kids toys. Luckily, my real friends thought it was cool (or were afraid to tell me otherwise, lol). I wish it wasn't so taboo. I feel like I'm some kinda weirdo with a really strange fetisj sometimes when people react to me having Tama's. (I'm a 27 year old woman)
Shows you who your real friends are eh? Just ignore the others.

I'm a full blown toy collector at nearly 23 years old. Dolls, figures, plushies... I love them all. My real friends love my hobby. My gran and aunt do too. Mum hates it. Good thing I don't live with her anymore. (She tried to throw away a $600 doll...)

Don't feel weird! You're spending money on something you like and at the end of the day it's something physical that you can keep as opposed to people who spend the same amount of money and on things like alcohol (and worse!!). That's what they want to buy and that's fine just as it's fine for you to buy what you want too! C=

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're right Jhud. I posted pictures of my ID l e on my Facebook and a few people were like: okay, you're creepy for collecting kids toys. Luckily, my real friends thought it was cool (or were afraid to tell me otherwise, lol). I wish it wasn't so taboo. I feel like I'm some kinda weirdo with a really strange fetisj sometimes when people react to me having Tama's. (I'm a 27 year old woman)
I'm about your age, will be 27 in the summer, and I still play with and collect children's toys. Don't ever take me to a toy store, I'll never come out! XD

Anyway back on topic, I really wonder about the retail price for the US, if it'll be 19.99 or 29.99.... Lately things have been coming out rather pricey....

Thanks for the support everyone (be it a little off-topic, sorry about that). Luckily I have a boyfriend who collects silver coins (they costs over 800 euro's a piece sometimes). So he can't complain to me about spending on Tama's ;) . He's always known I love virtual life. I have 3 different generations of Furby's as well. He even gave me one as a surprise. (I am hanging on to this dude like you have no idea). It's mostly old friends and collegues that frown at me. And strangers ofcourse. Whatever. I'm not gonna leave my Tama's to die just because some people don't understand how cool they are.

To get back on topic: you might say it's a good thing TF is being released. Maybe some folks will see how much their kids love them and think back to how awesome it was to own one when they were growing up. Although I did not experience this with the new Furby being released. I was at a kids party where a child got one as a birthday gift. I bursted out: "Let me get you all set up here. First, we get your dad's iPad and install the special app. This is how you feed him...." Grown ups in the room all staring at me like :eek: . I later heard they thought I was very odd for owning one myself and knowing all these things. Ah well. Who knows. Maybe TF will get some adults back into it. It sure got me back, and I don't even own one! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back