Tamagotchi friends; fault or just rubbish?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would buy it, but I think that it would be about $40 in USA, which is quite a lot of money for a tamagotchi here.

I've never bought a tama with cracks and scratches in it, so that'd also be a problem. The texting feature seems cool, but I don't know how it truly works, so I'm not sure whether to trust it or not. In my opinion, I'd wait until they release an american color tama. DON'T BLOW UP ON ME! This is just my opinion. You guys might think differently, and I appreciate that. Just keep you're cool, even if some other review makes you mad, and everything will be fine.

I doubt it'll be $40. $20 is way more plausible, maybe $25, $30 at a stretch.

Got another TF coming from ebay. Got it for a more reasonable price than the RRP, should be here next week some time. I'm deffo keeping this providing it works as it should; so what I'm going to try to do is get a log started and review it fully long term because i'm curious about the whole character thing because i keep seeing people get the same adults all the time even when mixing up good and bad care. So even if i'm not on often i'll keep track of the characters and stuff i get. Anything else people want me to review when it gets here besides characters? And obv i'll do a full review of the out of the box shell condition and screen.

When I read about TF on forums I feel happy I don't have comparision with the older versions - I never had an original tama before TF :p Well, if you look for something that reminds you about childhood, when you played with fake tamas, TF is perfect because the design and gameplay feel SO much better.

Oh, winduru, you're here too? I'm Hilla from TW./offtopic

Anyway, you're right though, everybody favors the things they had first...

Update guys!

It came today and tbh I'm actually enjoying it. Though I can't decide if it's because I was prepared for it this time.

Bought off eBay and I don't believe it's been played with. Screen cover was still firmly in place and two sides were still sealed. For some reason it looks like the last owner has just opened it up at the bottom to get the instructions... And it didn't ask me to download a character so I'm pretty sure in it's first boot up.

The screen has no dirt under it just some scuffs but their really nothing and I haven't tried to see of they'll come off yet... And the shell is in much better condition but I'm not convinced that that's because i opted for the printed design not the idl. Because I can still see some light scratches near the buttons. But that's purely me being picky and though I'm pretty sure this hasn't been opened before it's not shop bought so I can't guarantee.

Screen-wise I don't know if it's because I was ready for it or because it actually is better but I can actually see this one! Reflection is the main problem on this but I'm going to invest in some matte screen protector hoping that will help. Only gripe I have with this one is the buttons. I like the game drop catch and when it's getting near the end I've missed a few because the button didn't register my click.

Definitely think my first was a little faulty. I literally couldn't look at it before and this I'm sat with happily. It's still not 100% or up to par with what it should be in 2014 but I am happier with this... Plus getting it for a more reasonable price deffo helps me overlook stuff a little more. Going to post in my log and on my tumblr when I get chance if you want updates!

I really regret buying my TF! It is fun and everything but I paid 40 Australian dollars for it! I just got it yesterday (from ebay)

And noticed that the silver thing around it wears off after you give it a little rub. The screen is also hard to see (I did adjust the contrast) and the Tamagotchi is way to small.. And I am especially disappointed because this is the first Tamagotchi I've had in about 5 or 6 years! I always liked the connection ones so I bought a V5, V3 and V2 over Ebay and going to buy more hopefully I won't be disappointed!

*Edit there are also 2 scratches next to my B and C buttons

Last edited by a moderator:
@Layolachi

This tama isn't so black as it's painted, hm? :D

I bougth on last monday a tamagotchi friend in purple, and the next day the all silver paiting was gone >_< and have it too the scratches near on the buttons. I don't mind with the scratches but the all silver painting gone,in just one day, it's really annoying me -.- really cheap material.

I don't have problems with the screen, and i really like play it. I had missed playing one, remmember me my childhood. So now i will try contact the bandai tell the problem and going to the store if they can trade for new one. I had bad luck with this one.

Just got my TF today. And it has of course two scratches near the buttons. The first thing what i did was using some displex to remove the ugly silver frame whitch was totally scratched from the beginning. I think it looks better without it.

I wonder if these problems will be present when they're brought to the USA. Mostly because I know they'll package them differently for sale here, so I wonder if they'll be made differently, too, because of different regulations? No idea, but I know I'll be examining them in the store before purchase if they do the traditional clamshell packaging which makes it easier to see everything.

I saw the TF being promoted in a online store. I just thought: not many new features, still grey scale. Checked some reviews on YouTube and that confirmed my thoughts for me. I was really disappointed, but it did get me all excited about Tama's again. After checking a few more YouTube videos I decided on the ID l e. Got it today and absolutely love it. This is the best Tama ever for me. Can play games as much as I like without force feeding snacks. Great colour screen. Cute animations, lots to do, lots to unlock.... Amazing.

This is the Tama Europe deserves after importing Japanese versions for years. I even feel a little insulted by the TF. Its presented as having so many new features, so much more modern yet still true to the Tama brand. I feel insulted because now that I have the ID l e, I know that this is so much better. I feel the Europeans get ripped off and Bandai is laughing all the way to the bank.

We have to make due with the TF while they have these amazing Tama's elsewhere.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Sorry if this offends anyone, can't help that I feel this way.

Except europe never imported japanese versions. Every japanese version is different than these released in Europe and US.

Well, Bandai doesn't really get any extra money from imports, so I'm not sure if they care. People are just not nterested in virtual pets anymore, that's a sad truth. For a company few thousands of consumers is not much. There is simply no demand...

Yes, there is that retro fad, but people mostly just talk about how that's a shame that they don't produce toys like this anymore, they don't usually want any for themselves, usually. And if they do, they are mostly dissapointed with Tamagotchi Friends, sadly. Tamagotchi craze is dying even in Japan, so we have to wait till it awakens again.

Hey guys.

So I bought myself a Tamagotchi Friends a few weeks ago, and right now I'm finding it OK. I find the V4 better than the Friends, but it's a nice toy to play with in my free time. I really get annoyed at the screen, though. Sometimes I have to open my curtains fully to clearly see the screen, which really annoys me (and yes, I'm an electricity saver :D ). But on the whole, it's a nice toy. I'd rate it 6.5/10.

I think you're right Jhud. I posted pictures of my ID l e on my Facebook and a few people were like: okay, you're creepy for collecting kids toys. Luckily, my real friends thought it was cool (or were afraid to tell me otherwise, lol). I wish it wasn't so taboo. I feel like I'm some kinda weirdo with a really strange fetisj sometimes when people react to me having Tama's. (I'm a 27 year old woman)

I think you're right Jhud. I posted pictures of my ID l e on my Facebook and a few people were like: okay, you're creepy for collecting kids toys. Luckily, my real friends thought it was cool (or were afraid to tell me otherwise, lol). I wish it wasn't so taboo. I feel like I'm some kinda weirdo with a really strange fetisj sometimes when people react to me having Tama's. (I'm a 27 year old woman)
I agree with u, my mom and family joke with me because i bought a toy, and i don't have age for this, i'm adult, u need to save money for your future, bla bla bla... get's me sick to have family like this -.-, if i'm adult i don't need to be old and boring. I'm a geek person! I love online games and toys! i was waiting for a tamagotchi came back from the death so long ago, and i would love get one tama P's one day *____* So u are not a weirdo! they're are!

All things considered I wouldn't advise anyone to pay the RRP for these things but I can imagine especially in a few months all the people that bought them for nostalgia and got bored will be putting them on eBay. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for them. Seen a few go for £15 isn preowned but I think I'm still going to wait for the prices to go down more.

The bad quality could be a good thing for those not too bothered about condition because if the paintwork comes off as easy as people are saying it means they could possibly be going for cheaper on eBay later on ;) well that's what I'm hoping for! Lol.

And I know what people are saying about tamagotchis being a taboo subject. I always feel awkward getting mine out in public :( sucks really. I'm 22 now.

Dont feel creepy, i am a 29 yr oldwoman and am loving them too! Just began with collecting them again! I got 3 p's a idl and the TF. At my parents i am going to search my two old ones! Hope i will find them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back