Tamagotchi friends; fault or just rubbish?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double post, sowwy.

Last edited by a moderator:
//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Video I shot before I went to take it back. Can just about see the specks of dust behind the screen, there was also like a smear but the camera didn't pick it up. The scratch near the A button you can deffo see the scratch there, which I realised are actually on the surface, and there's a small one near the B button which I don't know if the camera picked up and one just past the C. There were scuffs on the silver edging and where the faceplate was obviously connected to the actual body there was like a nasty cheap looking bit.

But like I said. For the right price I'd deffo get another one and put up with all this. :) so don't be completely put off. Cos I'm not saying it's a bad toy. Just quality lacks a little impo :)

Is it... Hard to see because of the greyscale rendered background? It seems like that plays a big part in the issue

It's not so much the greyscale as it is just overcrowding on the home screen...too much stuff going on. Also the fact that the screen is recessed means not a lot of light can get in so it's harder to see for that reason as well. With the adult characters it's not as bad though since they're much bigger sprites.

Yeah I bet on paper it seemed like a good idea to make a bnw tama that sorta has the appearance of the color ones only to find out that sort of combination is just hard to see :/ that major resessed screen man. Someone needs to mod a backlight into it lol..

Thanks for the video, op, it really shows a good idea of what to expect out of the product !

Sakura - oh Geeze when it hits retail stores I'm so doing that with some old cell phone screens I have ! Sorry that was a bit off topic

I'm glad other's have mentioned the cracked faceplates. I first got a purple Friends (The IDL shell) and noticed a crack right of the A button. Didn't think much of it as thought it may have been broken through my other halfs fault (Last minute X-mas shopping, loads of bags etc).

Then I got myself a blue one and noticed the same flaw, only to notice a crack also appeared by the B button after a day or two of normal use.

Also, with the blue one only, the paint about the silver rim of the faceplate wears off. I have bad circulation and my hands are constantly cold and don't sweat ... yet playing with the Tama the silver paint came off the friend onto my fingers.

j2mn.jpg

gp4y.jpg

I had a normal, white with colorful animal print TF and there could be seen some flaws on the side. A nick, or however is that called...

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png
Don't worry, I'm not put off at all! It's your opinion and that's fine.

And, it is kinda true how there's dirt in the back. But I just ignore it. I like this new Tamagotchi, especially how the brand returned! And that's OK.

Maybe there will be a next wave of designs and features... (Ex: TF Deluxe)

-Tamacass

i plan on trying to get some glow in the dark tape for the back ground on this tamagotchi friends, i hope i succeed and ill let everyone know but ATM i have a review video for the marriage if anyone wants to see what features it has for it, its kinda different from any of the other ones i think its cute ^.^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTS7cZh4WfU

You know Odds, I'm pretty sure TF doesn't have a paper on the back at all, it has an entirely different type of a screen, so not sure if the tape would work...

Scratches? Those actually look more like cracks. Not sure if from putting them together, or if a distributor packaged them, then set something heavy on the boxes which smashed the Tamas. But I don't know, maybe the camera + lighting is making them look worse than in person.

Debris under the screen can and does happen. Even older Tamas can get it even brand new, I've had it happen with all sorts of brand new pets, not just Tamas. Things fly around in the warehouses, so it's unavoidable.

Contrast can be adjusted, but also remember that everyone's eyes are different; what seems clear to one isn't to another. These types of screens never bothered me TOO much, but I can understand the concerns. (Actually in all honesty the screen of the Pocket Designer hurts my eyes because of a lot of clashing colors--certain colors actually irritate my eyes.)

I honestly do not understand the complaints about the screen at all. It looks perfectly fine to me. I guess people are too used to staring at iPads and game consoles or something. I have bad lighting in my room; just an old lamp in the corner but the screen is still normal. :/

...I don't own an iPad (I do own a tablet but I almost don't use it) and I rarely use consoles. Most people who own a Tama Go say that it has a better screen than Tamagotchi Friends, and i'd say that maybe your version isn't faulty, but carol repeatedly said that it's hard to see the screen herself, and you have her TF. I guess not all people just see it.

I guess it's mainly overcrowding on the screen+the characters are too detailed and shaded- not a bad thing, but it makes them harder to see.

You know, I'm usually turned down easily... What I mean is, I'm getting very aware of the bad comments, and the general bad opinions, and make my decisions upon them.

So, when I first saw people saying there were a lot problems with the Tama-friends, I got worried. I'm currently waiting my dad to accept to buy me one, and I'm also waiting in case there is a new wave, or the dream town isn't so much as we expect it to be like...

But I must say, that TF, has the same quality with an idl as for the shell and buttons! As far as I can see in pics, it's just the same with my idl, and half of the shells are also simular to it.

The others, are new designs, but the they differ in the back I think.

So the thing is, when my IDL came, and I realised although it was shipping from America [i think?] Or another country apart from Japan, it was actually kind of a lie... It was in chinese [or japanese? o-o] And I couldn't understand, but later on, I managed to understand what it meaned to say in the menus, by watching videos and stuff, and reading the english subbed instructions. I had no problem, and the buttons although seeming kinda cheap, were no problem for me! I quite enjoy it in fact! ^_^

I was and I am quite happy with it no matter what. :)

Also, without anyone saying I'm normal, I'm a bit of perfectionist... But I'm certain, I would have no problem or upsetion or anything having a tama, even with the cracks!

You see, on the other hand, I have my tamas v3,v4,v4.5 and they are kinda... a lot in my use...

I mean, my first tama v4, has really smooth used buttons, and the desighns are worn off... But I try to keep the others in the best condition possible... (I was fairly young when I had that one... :mellow: )

But still, about the dust... My tamas -because I was young, and generally I had no idea on keeping them untouched- and let's admit it, time has effects on things... have some slightly dusted layers, and one of my screens has a light scratch... So these things happen even if you always keep an eye on them... :p

Concluding, it wouldn't be a problem to me, to get one by 24-23 euros? And without it being the most perfect tama ever. I'm not playing my tamas a lot in the dark so...

I only wish some rumors I hear, aren't true...

Does it have a mute selection as older ones? And does it have a pause menu? :huh:

I saw screenshots of it and I'm not going to buy it unless they fix the contrast thing. It just looks bad. And no items? Seems like a step backwards. They have no excuse for it to not be in color, either. Why isn't there a backlight? I won't pay for an import unless it flops and then I'll get one at a reduced price. It doesn't seem to be good quality since there are so many people that are having problems with it.

On topic, how is there a crack on your tama, Wesley? Do you think it was caused by bad handling or is the plastic just bad quality?

The mark on the shell of my TF definitely looked like scratches rather than cracks, couldn't tell you how I thought they'd got there. Think bandai have just rushed them all out without thinking to get them on the shelves. And it definitely was as bad as it looked in the videos. But then again I'd assume unless any one else said otherwise that this wouldn't be apparent on the new shell designs as their full plastic? I was looking at getting the pink heart for my next attempt when the prices go down.

Edit; just read that someone did find marks on the new shell designs. That sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back