Tamagotchi iD L in English

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're released by a market that has demand for Tamagotchis, but they don't speak Japanese. English is an official language of Hong Kong, so it's much easier to make an English version which would have appeal outside of Hong Kong (including the rest of the Asian market that speaks neither Japanese nor Chinese), as well. Not to mention that it's more practical than adding the necessary hanzi to the iD L's limited memory.

I am asking if someone can do me a huge favor pretty please? This may seem a little too much, but can someone take photos/ pics of all the pages in the English iDL manual? I am really sorry, but I just got a Japanese iDL and I don't understand a word at all in the manual. I really wish to understand the manual/ booklet............ But if you can't, then it's fine. I don't mean to trouble you at all. I just really don't want to end up throwing away the Japanese manual just because I don't understand it.

I am asking if someone can do me a huge favor pretty please? This may seem a little too much, but can someone take photos/ pics of all the pages in the English iDL manual? I am really sorry, but I just got a Japanese iDL and I don't understand a word at all in the manual. I really wish to understand the manual/ booklet............ But if you can't, then it's fine. I don't mean to trouble you at all. I just really don't want to end up throwing away the Japanese manual just because I don't understand it.
I have an English Tamagotchi iD L on the way. It should be here today or tomorrow. I'll post scans of the instruction manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to trouble you at all. I just really don't want to end up throwing away the Japanese manual just because I don't understand it.
Understanding the manual isn't much of an issue really; the Tamagotchi iD L functions similarly to most Tamagotchi, and the new features don't take a lot to get used too. If you're having trouble, there are a ton of videos on YouTube and online guides and translations that should help you navigate through the iD L with ease. Even still, I wouldn't throw away the Japanese manual, for sentimental purposes, if nothing else. You can just keep it stored away in the box. :)

I have an English Tamagotchi iD L on the way. It should be here today or tomorrow. I'll post scans of the instruction manual.
Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Understanding the manual isn't much of an issue really; the Tamagotchi iD L functions similarly to most Tamagotchi, and the new features don't take a lot to get used too. If you're having trouble, there are a ton of videos on YouTube and online guides and translations that should help you navigate through the iD L with ease. Even still, I wouldn't throw away the Japanese manual, for sentimental purposes, if nothing else. You can just keep it stored away in the box. :)
I get what you are saying. I had already seen online guides. But it wasn't enough, cause they don't have an actual picture/ photo of the manual while they are describing it. And on the other hand, the problem with Youtube is that..........I have a very old computer that hasn't been updated eversince 2002. So when I watch Youtube videos, the image on the video wouldn't stop skipping and jumping. It's just so frustrating for me. I just don't want to miss out on what the information means in the Japanese manual.....and only in the Japanese manual. So I need translations .......and with photos.

My Green iDLE arrived yesterday courtesy of fellow member ichiro.malfoy. What a gem! Too bad I won't have time to run it for the next while. C'est la vie!

photo40553PM.jpg

Yeah, I have ordered mine and Pantheratchi's too. Im about to pay now and hopefully receive it in a few days. :D Im going to be doing a lot of different things on Tama Village regarding the ID L-E, with comparisons and instruction uploads.

My Green iDLE arrived yesterday courtesy of fellow member ichiro.malfoy. What a gem! Too bad I won't have time to run it for the next while. C'est la vie!

photo40553PM.jpg
Yay~~ Congrats~~ I was surprised at how nice the green one really is~~

I used a money converter form yen to US dollar, and it equaled about $4. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong here. How much do they really cost? I REALLY want that nice whiteish-silverish one!
It's not yen that the site is using. If you have read the previous posts, it's Chinese Yuan.

Sounds the same, but I'm only a kid, so I can't get a $57 tama. I told my mom I was saving up for one, but she said it was a huge rip-off and that $57 is too much for ANY toy :( . Can I buy one any where else, for cheaper? I really want one!

Hi there! I kinda got pi**ed at myself when I saw that there is an English version of this. I just bought ID L Princess Spacey on eBay and then after I bought it, I saw this! :( anyway, I cannot understand the taobao site. I typed in my address here (I live in Canada) and when I was checking out, the cost for it to ship was 260 Yuan! IDK why! :( And I can't seem to find the dood who helps with online buying.

UPDATE:

I already bought the item for about $83 CAD (526 Yuan) and I think the same dood helped me like he helped superdonut. I was a little eeked about the price but I think it will be worth it.

To all who wants to buy it at taobao: use google chrome Chinese (simplified han) for translation. It'll help A LOT.

I don't know if someone else posted this, but I found a more detailed video of the TMGC ID L:

[sharedmedia=videos:videos:295]

(The Extra video is the more detailed one)

Hi everyone! As I posted before, I also had bought on taobao, but I worry that they havent sent me my confirmation of the purchase yet. Is that normal? Please answer. :/

Yeah, I know... they don't send you any confirmation... but the thing is, they don't charge you until you get the package! Which is awesome!! But when you do get your tama, make sure to go back to the site, and send the receipt... Or something like that. If you are confused later, I can help. But this confirms that you got your package and allows you to give good feedback for the seller. Also, if you sign in, you can see if it's shipped yet, and if it is, you'll see a timer counting down how long till it arrives~

I also think that I was probably one of the first international, or at least, from Canada to order from him... so maybe he just asked me for a standard shipping, but afterwards, realized that it costed him more... so maybe that's why yours is a bit more expensive that mine...? Or perhaps it's because I bought two of them, the shipping is kind of divided among the two, making it seem cheaper. :T Who knows... but if it really is the same seller, he/she is awesome!! :D

Thanks for replying superdonut! I've read the whole thread first before buying and I am really excited!! (and broke lol) I told the guy you were my friend because I also live in Canada (TO) and I asked him why was your price lower. hahaha! but I felt guilty and I paid the $83 CAD instead. LOL! I just got my ID L Princess Spacey from Japan today.

Is the whole interface of that and the regular ID L the same? I got the yellow one of the ID L E :)

Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are scans of the Tamagotchi iD L original Chinese & English instruction manual.

front cover

page 2

page 3

page 4

page 5

page 6

page 7

page 8

page 9

page 10

page 11

page 12

page 13

page 14

page 15

page 16

page 17

page 18

page 19

page 20

page 21

page 22

page 23

page 24

page 25

page 26

page 27

page 28

page 29

page 30

page 31

page 32

page 33

page 34

page 35

back cover

Sorry for the poor quality. The manual is somewhat faint, and the font is tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back