Tamagotchi interfering with life?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 words. Pause Button.
Seriously, if your life is that busy pausing them would work. Somewhat. They probably wouldn't get hungry often enough to really have you taking care of them but if you only have an hour a day (you didn't mention how long you ave to play with them) you could unpause them (you didn't say really how many you have total) right before you have time to play with them, allowing them to get hungry.
The only problem I find with the pause button is that it interferes with the growth. If you pause it every single day, you'll get, like, two evolutions I think before you stay there because you pause it.

Sorry if someone said this before me, I didn't read all the posts but, I too am busy. School, social life, etc. But before school I set the time to twelve midnight, and they sleep. They do wake up before I get home, but they're adults now so they take care of themselves for a while. If I'm going out to party or shop or whatever, and I KNOW I will be coming home after, I will fill up all the hearts and leave it at home. If I start to worry after prolonged periods of time, I can always come home early to check. Never came home early though.. Haha. If I'll be long for quite a long time, I'll do the same as before, but I'd take it with me. That way I can go somewhere to check it real quick and fix any problems. If I'm going on an overnight stay, I take extra caution. I'll check it every few hours, and keep it in my purse/pocket at all times! Of course, on mute, so not everyone hears it, but I always remember they're there and be sure to check them.

I'm SO busy, but my Tamagotchi's haven't died ONE SINGLE TIME while using those methods.

:eek: Well, since pausing isn't an option, although it's the best one, here's another idea. Try taking a break from your tamas, for instance: reset them, just untill the bouncing egg appears on the screen. Take a break for a little while, and when you're ready to go back just press the B button and you have the option of downloading your previous tama. Not sure if this will work for you, but I hope I helped!!!!! :D

i try to bring them anywhere i can (even to school when i was in fourth grade ...... good times good times!) anywayif u cant bring them change the time to when they sleep so it dosent efect em :marumimitchi: :kuribotchi: :kuribotchi: :hitodetchi: :nazotchi:

well there is something called the PAUSE feature u can use it on all versions i just pause them when i am busy, and put them to sleep at night but it is kinda hard on wedensday and tuesday coz on tues i have girl guides and on wed i have swimming lessons so yeah they aren't really interfering with my life ^_^ :angry: tamagotchies are great little toys to play with but they don't rule my life and there is no way they interfare coz i hardly ever get to play with them nowadays coz i am so tied up in school and other personal things that are going on in my life. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: if they are getting in ur way sometimes my advice would be to pause them! :angry: :angry: [even tho that stops their growth] :angry: :angry:

memetchi7 :angry:

If you're really busy you can:

-Pause them. [Like a lot of people said]

-Change the time so they sleep all the time [sad, I know]

-Let your friends take care of them [Like a babysitter]

;P

Let me know how it goes.

Right now I'm considering removing the battery of my v1 (which is now flashing the low battery symbol). Now this v1 is very special to me, since it is on 104th Generation (but the generation counter only goes up to 99th) and also I've been running it for almost three years (I have paused it though). I'm making this decision because the A button is becoming very hard to press and also I find it a bit stressful constantly checking every night to make sure the time is set correctly so it won't wake up in the middle of the night and possibly depart.
Just because you take the battery out doesn't mean it's reset. You put the battery in again (whenever you want to) and press download. Don't worry, I thought that too...(though, if i'm wrong, do correct me and i'm sorry if I ever was :p )

xx Chrissy

Seeing as you're homeschooled, I'm not sure about how much homework you have and if you have any breaks from school. If you have breaks in your school day, then check your tamagotchis then. Though sometimes you can only feed and train them, if you have any breaks in out of school activities with enough time to play even one game, you should use it. At parties, mute it and check every half hour or so.

I find myself not being able to take care of my tamagotchi's like I used to because my busy life style just got busier. Like yesterday, I had the first ever tamagotchi die under my care... I was almost in tears. I really want to spend more time with my tamagotchi's, but I don't want them to interfere with my duties... I can't even get everything done I need to as it is without taking decent care of my tamagotchi's! I feed them when they're hungry and heal them when they get sick... that' pretty much all I have time for now a days. It's also probably a result of having way to many tamgotchi's. My friend suggested that I should let all my tamagotchi's die except one, then I'll just take care of that one. But just can't bring myself to doing that! I've always felt as if my tamagotchi's are really my pets, and they're really alive. I can't cancel anything I'm doing throughout the day either... I mean, I can't wreck my entire life for some tamagotchi's. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm really stuck on this problem. Any advice?
~SkyCrystal~
I think Tamagotchi is a responsibility. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who can't multi-task well. Over the years of playing with tamagotchis , i've learned to set limits between life and tamagotchi ( vice versa ).

i have like 5 tamas, but have only one working.it's summer so that's why i reactivated it, so i have something to do.in the school year though, i will probably take out the battery or something, so i can get back to schooolwork and stuff

I wouldn't recommend removing the battery, because, if the memory gets erased from long-term nonuse, you will lose all your progress. If it is below V5, just pause it. If it is a V5, go into Time Set Mode and leave it there; there is no real long term pause function in the V5.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's ok that you love your your tamas that much but you should try to make a a reward system duties first tamas later or only give them care when they need it and pamper them when your free :D

HOPE THINGS GET BETTER!!!

I'm here to help :D

I find myself not being able to take care of my tamagotchi's like I used to because my busy life style just got busier. Like yesterday, I had the first ever tamagotchi die under my care... I was almost in tears. I really want to spend more time with my tamagotchi's, but I don't want them to interfere with my duties... I can't even get everything done I need to as it is without taking decent care of my tamagotchi's! I feed them when they're hungry and heal them when they get sick... that' pretty much all I have time for now a days. It's also probably a result of having way to many tamgotchi's. My friend suggested that I should let all my tamagotchi's die except one, then I'll just take care of that one. But just can't bring myself to doing that! I've always felt as if my tamagotchi's are really my pets, and they're really alive. I can't cancel anything I'm doing throughout the day either... I mean, I can't wreck my entire life for some tamagotchi's. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm really stuck on this problem. Any advice?
~SkyCrystal~
It's just a tamagotchi.... and maybe your friend was right about picking 1 to play with... but you don't need to pick just 1. If you have say... 10... then just let SOME of them die... or pause them for a bit while you play with others.

Pausing them would do the job. Pausing them will stop your Tamagotchi, but the clock will still be moving.

Looking after 8 Tamagotchis at the same time is hard. I know this may be upsetting for you, but you can neglect them all and they'll all die. Then, take care of the first Tamagotchi. When you feel you can look after more, do two Tamagotchis. When they both die, go onto the third & fourth.

Hope this helps!

P.S. This is my 100th post. Hooray!

My advice is to take your tamagotchi with you when you are busy. But the part that I don't know is how many tamagotchis you have. If you have 2 of them then that is ok. But when you have three... I don't know what to say because like they say "Three is a crowd" So yea. If you don't know what I mean, reply to this post or pm me.

Get a lanyard! You can take it everywhere then! If you're worried it may get dammaged, you can buy all kinds of protective/decorating cases! You can also get tama watches! ect. Last year I went aroung school with like 10 tamas around my neck! Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back