Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Dazz, I guess I see what you mean...

Even if you do like Tamagotchi just being a pet, though, think of it this way.

All those second and third graders (or whoever else thinks Tamagotchis are "baby toys") are about to see LOTS more people with Tamagotchi stuff... They're about to see Tamagotchi clothes on every person, Tamagotchi furniture in their friends' brothers' or sisters' rooms, and with the re-release of all this TAMAGOTCHI stuff, of course it will make some people want to find their old Tamagotchis! Ebay won't be able to keep P1s and P2s in stock for more than a day because of all the people buying them! Who knows, maybe this will escalate to people buying iD Ls...?

With more people buying Tamas, of course, this will expand the audience of Tamatalk. So, Tamatalk, whether you like it or not- even if Bandai IS just releasing clothes, furniture, and apps- it will make people reminiscent enough to want to find their own Tamagotchis.

I'm certain this re-release can be nothing but good.
Exactly!! You make such a good point! I didn't even think of that!

Now people will know what we mean when we say Tamagotchi is awesome (even though they already are).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was discussing this with my mom, who is an expert in marketing and sales....she agreed that Bandai is doing something very risky by marketing for WOMEN AGES 20-29 ONLY. She said that even though there are tons of Tamagotchi fans on this forum, how many of us are actually going to BUY new products like this? Our fan-base is very tiny considering how many people live in America....and women ages 20-29, well usually the ones not on TamaTalk, are too busy taking care of their children, husbands, pets, and working....not everyone can have such a fun time with Tamagotchis like we can. However, there ARE still women on Tamatalk who do what I described earlier.

And if you DO have a family, you might want to buy useful things for them instead of soap and nailpolish and earrings that are Tamagotchi-themed. And also if you are going to spend on Tamagotchi items, they're probably going to have their prices jacked-up sky-high and be very cheaply made. I'd much rather spend $60 on a Tamagotchi Color in English than buy 2 t-shirts and a few lipglosses for $60.....Bandai is pathetic.

Usually, when something like this seems too good to be true, it is. If this is really coming out, I want it hands down. This just seems like an app or a video game.

I'm mad at this topic again! Why can't tamagotchi L.I.F.E make something for guys! i mean we are a small part of the contributing people! They should make guy tamagotchi t shirts in like rock and roll style or anything like that. Because honestly if this comes out and these things r only for women i'm going ti make my mom or dad buy it as a gag gift! I have a new idea for bandai to make for it's new tamagotchi if its coming out. The should call it tamagotchi rainbow! as in you can chnge the color of the pixels with the gotchi points you get and when you take extra good care of 10 or 15 generations you should get a rainbow pixel screen!! And it should have some characters from the idl. That's a product i would happily pay 30 dollars for.
If they called it that people might Make fun of the boys for liking it. calling it rainbow ... is not the best of ideas if you want the Boys to be counted in.

I'm sorry If I seem to be rude but it sounds kinda .... weird.

and my opinion on this is Yes I want a new tama, BUT there is Merchandise coming out! I'd like to have some stuff. I LOVE TMGC and I hope the Furniture isn't GIRLY, I hope that the Shirts are ok and the Fashion line takes off so they'll re-consider the Tamagotchi line and release a New Tamagotchi. I think that them cutting out Boys/Men from the equation is very ignorant, them targeting a Certain Age group and only one gender at that is not very smart. I honestly Hope that they make some boy Merchandise, it'd be nice, that way I wouldn't feel like a girl. I'm sorry bandai but I think targeting such a small group of people will get you close to no where. Now If everything isn't as girly as I thought I'll buy the Merchandise. and be more than happy when i have friends over Drinking out of my tamagotchi Cup sitting on my Tamagotchi Couch and them sitting on my tamagotchi chair and a tamagotchi Lamp illuminating my room. Maybe they will make a tamagotchi Store in America and other English Countries. I'd love to work there!

-Puri-

hey i don't care bout the rainbow thing i'm such a girl when it comes to these things cause i love em! I really dont fit in with guys my age cause i dont like sports. im into a lot of things guys call girly but they are not girly those are the only things i find interesting no offense guys who like sports but i dont find entertainment watching sports then screaming TOUCHDOWN i really dont care bout that. And you can tell im a real tomgirl by my profile picture

I didn't say that you were Girly i just didn't think that calling it rainbow was the Best of ideas.

As for TMGC LIFE I thought it would be nice if they had a better video other than a man talking about other countries that want to buy the line of products ...

Yikes! All the negative abuse in the forums is making my head spin.

First of all, ONE COO, AKA marketing and talk-to-the-press guy, said ages 21-29, but one of their partners in this is saying teens/tweens and Back To School ages are going to be addressed too. Here: https://www.evomgt.com/clients.php?index=2

So CHILL non-female not 21-29 year olds! There will be other stuff too! Jeeeeeeeeeeeps!

Hold your horses TamaTalk-ers! Wow that rhymed. :p

Before he discussed apparel and other items within the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E line, he mentioned an application. Yes, an application. Perhaps we may not be receiving a new physical egg, but as so many other people have pointed out over the past few weeks, children and teenagers are more willing to spend $2 on an app on their mobile phones/MP3 players as opposed to spending $25 for one game. Bandai have probably realised this and might be going for a more digital approach. c:
I have nothing to get an app on, except my dads phone, which I do not wish to spend two dollars on. And what about the kids who can't get an app at all??

All I would like to say on the topic is: Don't judge a book by its cover (or the movie by the poster haha)...... and some TT's in this topic has gone far beyond this, since we still don't really have a clue what exact products this line would provide. So, I would say, hold all the negativity until we know precisely what is being offered - there might be some pleasant surprises :rolleyes: We have all been complaining about Tamagotchis not featuring in society anymore, and now that Bandai is trying to do something about this (with the high probability of basing these newly proposed products on THOROUGH and PROPER market-research) we shun them before we even know what it entails...... I don't know, it seems a bit rash to me...

Just my opinion, with respect to everyone who has contributed to this topic sofar. :p

Yikes! All the negative abuse in the forums is making my head spin.

First of all, ONE COO, AKA marketing and talk-to-the-press guy, said ages 21-29, but one of their partners in this is saying teens/tweens and Back To School ages are going to be addressed too. Here: https://www.evomgt.co...nts.php?index=2

So CHILL non-female not 21-29 year olds! There will be other stuff too! Jeeeeeeeeeeeps!
Look at it they said "

Accompanying the relaunch will be new i-OS apps based on the original virtual pet"

Which pretty much means theres hope for this L.I.F.E thing to be good! I mean I understand how many smart phoneless/iPod touchless people are gonna be mad at this but (I got a iPod touch not to long ago) hey its better then nothing right? (":

The one thing that bugs me about the app is that it's based on the original pet from 1997(At least most likely).. Not some kind of ID L or something? Boo.

Look at it they said "

Accompanying the relaunch will be new i-OS apps based on the original virtual pet"

Which pretty much means theres hope for this L.I.F.E thing to be good! I mean I understand how many smart phoneless/iPod touchless people are gonna be mad at this but (I got a iPod touch not to long ago) hey its better then nothing right? (":
No love for Android users :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back