Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it will work on my old oooollddd Ipod Touch.. I doubt it..but i can hope.

At least theyre trying,guys! I mean.. a Tamagotchi pet (be it an app or not..) Is kinda what we wanted..Maybe this is a good start! Maybe if it does well they will make more toys!~

You never know. I remember a part of the L.I.F.E team had a tamagotchi nano giveaway or something..

Does that mean theyre thinking of releasing tamagotchi nanos?

uh.. i doubt it. just saying random thoughts..

-sinks back into the sewers-

I'm still sticking by my guess that the App is testing the waters, seeing how many people download it, and buy the 99 cent ad free version, and see about converting them to actual Tama owners.

In this day and age i dosent really make since why someone wouldnt have a smartphone, you can get a smartphone with a prepaid value data plan for $30 a month on tmobile, so, i dont see why people are complaining about it so much, find a friend or family member with an old android phone and ask it you can have it if your that against getting a smartphone! or get with the times!
Some people here are too young for such things and their parents say no, or as in my case, too poor. :p (Poor college student to be exact.)

I posted a Story on the LIFE website that wasn't hateful or anything, but it didn't appear. Does it have to be approved first? Or maybe I used more than 100 words...

hmm well uh the new tamagotchi life app sounds nice and everything but uh!! HELLO WHERE IS THE EGG! you know the actual pet on your hands ); ill get the app but i'm still waiting for that new TAMAGOTCHI BANDAI!!!!! if you think this will lure me into forgetting about it!

but yeah nice app lol im just not going to get too comfortable with it

haha xD

AHHHH this sucks ):

I have an iPhone...

So I have to wait EVEN longer for the app!!!

PS. I think the app is a cool idea its hard to keep track of your tamas, phone, keys, diaper bag, and anything else you need when you leave the house...

However I agree that it's targeted towards an older audience....

In this day and age i dosent really make since why someone wouldnt have a smartphone, you can get a smartphone with a prepaid value data plan for $30 a month on tmobile, so, i dont see why people are complaining about it so much, find a friend or family member with an old android phone and ask it you can have it if your that against getting a smartphone! or get with the times!
Some people don't want a smartphone or aren't allowed one. I only got mine when I was 10 or 11, but I've had Tamas since I was 5.

EDIT: My comments on available info about the app - I really don't like the sound of the things it says. "In colour"? Colour Tamas aren't that amazing anymore to most of us. "Digital Tamagotchi Collection"? I prefer a real Tamagotchi collection, not everything digital. "Share your pets on Facebook"? What happened to sharing things in real life, I miss connecting Tamas with everyone at school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people don't want a smartphone or aren't allowed one. I only got mine when I was 10 or 11, but I've had Tamas since I was 5.

EDIT: My comments on available info about the app - I really don't like the sound of the things it says. "In colour"? Colour Tamas aren't that amazing anymore to most of us. "Digital Tamagotchi Collection"? I prefer a real Tamagotchi collection, not everything digital. "Share your pets on Facebook"? What happened to sharing things in real life, I miss connecting Tamas with everyone at school.
Yes, however Tama L.i.f.e. is aimed at women in their early 20's and up. People in this demographic prefer "digital" stuff (which is disappointing for most of us, but sadly this is where the trend is going).

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids these days aren't really interested in virtual pets anymore anyway.

Well making products one by one cost money. Money they seem not to have with the flop of the music stars and tamago back to back... They are nice tamas, sure. Over-all... It wasn't held in the best of light.

Next point.

You wanted color. To use something already out there, usually a phone is on a person. (maybe not a smartphone, but phones are WAY more common then from when I was a kid) One less thing to forget. I personally think it maybe a good move. They are working with what they have access to without spending what they have. It can be upgraded, translated and of coarse, color.

Hopefully one day the shells, traditional tamagotchi will be back. I would rather have a shell, but something is better then nothing.

Well making products one by one cost money. Money they seem not to have with the flop of the music stars and tamago back to back... They are nice tamas, sure. Over-all... It wasn't held in the best of light.

Next point.

You wanted color. To use something already out there, usually a phone is on a person. (maybe not a smartphone, but phones are WAY more common then from when I was a kid) One less thing to forget. I personally think it maybe a good move. They are working with what they have access to without spending what they have. It can be upgraded, translated and of coarse, color.

Hopefully one day the shells, traditional tamagotchi will be back. I would rather have a shell, but something is better then nothing.
These are all good and valid points.

Yeah... People think that brands have lots of money from the start, but it's not true. They have funds they can not exceed before they make money on their own to add to it... And the project isn't even toy related.

As much as I hate to admit it I think we may have reached the point where keychain pets like Tamagotchi are obsolete. I was half expecting Bandai to announce a new Tamagotchi at Toy Fair but it didn't happen. Phone apps may be the future of these types of electronic pets but it's a future I don't have much interest in.

The reason why BanDai Japan can still release tamagotchi toys is that they have a franchise over there.. You know, the anime, toys, tamamori stuff.. They have dedicated kids who follow the series, so yeah.

Over here.. Well, it's just us.. A app is a start, and would they ever release another toy? Well, maybe! People would buy it for nostalgia! Of course, I'm not into the vintage.. But hey, I'll support them anyway~

Not sure a toy will ever be released--people here are more concerned with the internet, their phones, tablets, etc. In college when waiting to start class, a good 90% of the students are on their smartphones or tablets. I never really see anyone talking either, they're so glued to their stuff. So for LIFE to cater to this, well, it only makes sense. Even portable game consoles access the internet now.

I really hope they do release a new toy but even if they don't I guess the app is worth a try and it may even get more people interested in tamas again.

CURSE YOU STEVE JOBS!!! WITHOUT YA MAYBE EVERYONE WOULD BE CRAZY ABOUT TAMAS BUT ALL OF MY FRIENDS PLAY A STUPID GAME CALLED CLASH OF CLANS ALL DAY :( Oh Well...

Yes, however Tama L.i.f.e. is aimed at women in their early 20's and up. People in this demographic prefer "digital" stuff (which is disappointing for most of us, but sadly this is where the trend is going).

Kids these days aren't really interested in virtual pets anymore anyway.

Next point.

Yeah... People think that brands have lots of money from the start, but it's not true. They have funds they can not exceed before they make money on their own to add to it... And the project isn't even toy related.
I have to agree on these. To be honest I wasn't expecting the app to be a Tamagotchi toy, all along I was thinking its gonna be some sort of other app that has the digital characters. The company still listens to what the fans wanted, to be honest syncbeats is working as much as they can especially that they only have limited budget and also licensing.

I randomly thought of these, I think it's good that they also started with the old digital characters because not everyone knows or familiar of the new anime characters unless they're one of the loyal fans who are active here/&Tamazone or updated with Japan's releases. Starting and introducing the vintage characters again to old and new fans will hopefully bring back the popularity of Tamagotchi back in the US.(As for old fans this is something nostalgic and for the new generation of course something cool because it is from the 90s) I stay positive and hopeful that it will bring back the popularity it used to have back then, and by that time the company will have the budget and the license for the anime characters and slowly introduce them the audience. As I have mentioned before, USA is way behind from Japan's Tamagotchi they already in Season 6 on the anime and Tamagotchi P's toys. While USA stopped at Tama Go and Music stars a long time ago. The tamagotchi toy is not really selling anymore that's why they were pulled out from the market. Its gonna take a lot of money, support and a lot of big meetings for Bandai JP/Bandai USA/ Syncbeats to put back and manufacture the original toy on the shelf. It's not that easy... I know everyone wanted the English Tama P's, but is it really enough people bring those here? I hope everyone here understands that. (Were talking about making sales to the entire states)

I've read that somebody was quite really upset and flushed Tamagotchi LIFE in her toilet because the game will be on smartphones, I understand that you're disappointed but let's be honest that there's a lot and enough people that owns smartphones nowadays for them to make an app. This will generate funds and popularity for Tamagotchi, that will help us expand this campaign. It's a great way to advertise this brand again since most of the people in the US are familiar with the old, simple and digital characters of Tamagotchi back in the days(and hooked on their smartphones). The app has a free version and a 99cents one with no ads, I think nobody can beat that price. The loyal fan community needs to consider that outside this forum, other people would rather buy the app rather than getting the actual toy right now. I have a lot of friends who grew up playing with Tamagotchi and saw my P's and old tmgc but would rather wait and DL the app instead of buying the Japanese ID L and P's. (They told me they're too expensive and they look complicated for them LOL)

Anyway let's all stay positive and hope for the best, lastly if you feel disgusted with the digital characters keep in mind all our beloved anime/colored and new tamagotchi's all started from this. (With the support and funding we will catch up)

Good morning from Los Angeles, CA!
Anz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back